HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Robert Esche signs two-year deal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=161096)

Gags1288 08-10-2005 05:10 PM

Robert Esche signs two-year deal

According to TSN, Robert Esche has signed a two-year deal.

bcrt2000 08-10-2005 05:12 PM

he must have heeded to clarke's threat of letting him sit and signing niittymaki to play instead

RJ8812 08-10-2005 05:19 PM

its probably loaded with bonuses

Art Vandelay 08-10-2005 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by _Flyers_
its probably loaded with bonuses

No :D

Quote:

PERFORMANCE BONUSES

What players may earn in performance bonuses?

Performance bonuses will only be permissible for the following types of players: (1) players on entry-level contracts; (2) players signing one-year contracts after returning from long-term injuries (players with 400 or more games who spent 100 or more days on injured reserve in the last year of their most recent contract); and senior veteran players who sign a one-year contract after the age of 35.

http://www.nhl.com/nhlhq/cba/index.html

rwilson99 08-10-2005 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gags1288
According to Comcast Sportsnet, Robert Esche has accepted his one year qualifying offer.

Impressive that Clarke was able to pull that off.

bcrt2000 08-10-2005 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bcrt2000
he must have heeded to clarke's threat of letting him sit and signing niittymaki to play instead

by the way its good to see a GM who is using the CBA to their advantage to lower the payroll

FlyersProspect2 08-10-2005 05:51 PM

Esche had no leverage. He had to play to warrent a big contract next year which he probably wont be getting with the Flyers with Nitty in the fold.

Coburnfan05 08-10-2005 06:18 PM

It's Not only Clark but some of our RFA's who could have signed for more dough and Richards and Carter could have re-entered the draft, should all be applauded. It's nice to see the Team First attitude.

I believe we are all set now, unless we can get another decent winger for around 500K.

Can't wait for opening day. :handclap:

salzy 08-10-2005 06:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyersProspect2
Esche had no leverage. He had to play to warrent a big contract next year which he probably wont be getting with the Flyers with Nitty in the fold.

If he goes out and plays his ass off this year and wins the Cup, he'll get paid and Nitty will be shipped out. The age difference isn't that big.

jazuli14 08-10-2005 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gags1288
According to Comcast Sportsnet, Robert Esche has accepted his one year qualifying offer.

Is this verified? From my calculations, I have the Flyers only left with 2.38 million assuming they sign Niittymaki at the minimum. Now that doesn't include deferred salary to Primeau and Recchi which I believe counts against the cap.

That's tight. However Esche only made $560,000 the last season the game was being played, so this QO is 110% of the 24% rollback of $560,000. When you do the rollback, the salary goes under $450,000 so I think they bump it to the minimum and then do the 110%, which is a QO of $495,000... thats nothing. I'm shocked that Esche would sign for so little.

Good for Clarke, if its true. I haven't seen this on TSN or Sportsnet yet.

Art Vandelay 08-10-2005 06:32 PM

2 years, no word on the $

Quote:

The Philadelphia Flyers announced today that the team and goaltender Robert Esche have agreed to terms on a new two-year contract, according to General Manager Bob Clarke. Per club policy, financial terms were not disclosed.
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=133047

Brad* 08-10-2005 06:32 PM

Didn't sign the qualifying, but signed nonetheless.

Only one left is Seidenberg.

Tap on the Ankle 08-10-2005 06:33 PM

The Flyers are lucky they've got a lot of team-first players on their hands. It's a shame how rare seeing that has become.

jazuli14 08-10-2005 06:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazuli14
I haven't seen this on TSN or Sportsnet yet.

I spoke too soon.
Here is the link to the TSN story. It's a two year deal, so it's not the qualifiying offer that he signed. It'll be interesting to see how much Esche cost and whether it will force them to dump a Handzus or something.

mercury 08-10-2005 06:36 PM

Looks like Dennis Seidenberg accepted his qualifying offer for this season, too.

RJ8812 08-10-2005 07:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by mercury
Looks like Dennis Seidenberg accepted his qualifying offer for this season, too.

he did ,if you keep rading the TSN article about Esche signing, its says Seidenberg signed

Steve L* 08-10-2005 07:23 PM

So thats the Flyers done, everyone signed and about $1.5m under the cap which will leave enough room for a nice scoring winger at the deadline or even Rags if he wants to come back. :yo:

Art Vandelay 08-10-2005 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve L
So thats the Flyers done, everyone signed and about $1.5m under the cap which will leave enough room for a nice scoring winger at the deadline or even Rags if he wants to come back. :yo:

Any info on how much Esche signed for ?

SChan* 08-10-2005 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonde 007
Any info on how much Esche signed for ?

yes it's $950K per season!

damn what a nice deal. No need to trade anyone either. Flyers are ready to rock! Cry on pens fans :D

neelynugs 08-10-2005 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve L

when forsberg gets injured, will the flyers have to use that extra money, or will they be able to use his 5 million?

John Flyers Fan 08-10-2005 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neelynugs
when forsberg gets injured, will the flyers have to use that extra money, or will they be able to use his 5 million?

They'll lend the money saved from Forsberg's IR trip to the Bruins so that O'C can buy a #3 and a #4 defenseman.

neelynugs 08-10-2005 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Flyers Fan
They'll lend the money saved from Forsberg's IR trip to the Bruins so that O'C can buy a #3 and a #4 defenseman.

:biglaugh: funny b/c it's true...then again, so is forsberg getting injured :amazed:

John Flyers Fan 08-10-2005 09:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neelynugs
:biglaugh: funny b/c it's true...then again, so is forsberg getting injured :amazed:

As long as he's healthy April, May and June ... we'll be fine Oct.-March with or without him.

blah 08-11-2005 07:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by salzy
If he goes out and plays his ass off this year and wins the Cup, he'll get paid and Nitty will be shipped out. The age difference isn't that big.

Niity is their future in goal, it seems like they've been grooming him forever. Esche will be an UFA when his 2 year deal ends I believe. He'll probably start this year and backup Niity next year.

MojoJojo 08-11-2005 08:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jazuli14
Is this verified? From my calculations, I have the Flyers only left with 2.38 million assuming they sign Niittymaki at the minimum. Now that doesn't include deferred salary to Primeau and Recchi which I believe counts against the cap.

The money to Primeau and Recchi has already been paid, and besides, under the rules of the new CBA deferred salary counts against the cap for the year the player actually played. Seriously, thats a real stretch to argue that salary owed from 03/04 would count towards the 05/06 cap

Oh, and 2.38 mil isnt too bad when all you have left to sign is Denis Seidenberg and you have a full 23 man roster.