HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Edmonton Oilers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Rumor: Rumor Thread IV: RUMORS ONLY - NO DISCUSSION (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1611517)

Bryanbryoil 02-25-2014 06:08 PM

Rumor Thread IV: RUMORS ONLY - NO DISCUSSION
 
I will update this post as rumors come up. Let's try and keep the clutter and proposals out of this thread and keep it strictly for rumors.

MacT Looking To Replace Draft Picks That Were Traded Away
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444655

Bob Mackenzie:

Bob Stauffer:

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 23s
FYI...The LA Kings are looking at both Tyler Toffoli and Tanner Pearson with Kyle Clifford a scratch

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 1m
Trade front has yet to heat up for Oilers UFA's. Dont think Oilers Management waiting by the phones to close a deal at the this time

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 2m
Because St. Louis acquired the #Oilers #2 as part of the David Perron trade you would have to think they would part with their #1...

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 1m
...by the time the dust settles the Blues #1 might be the 25th overall and the Oilers #2 could be in the 33rd-34th overall range

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/n...ers-islanders/

"Feb. 18. According to Edmonton radio host and Oilers analyst Bob Stauffer, the Montreal Canadiens or Pittsburgh Penguins -- two Eastern Conference clubs known to be looking for help up front -- might be interested in Edmonton's Ales Hemsky."

"Hemsky is in the second year of a two-year, $10-million contract. The Oilers, Stauffer says, will likely have to retain some of that salary if they are to successfully move Hemsky or fellow pending free agent Nick Schultz."

"The San Jose Sharks have been bird-dogging the Oilers a lot over about the last three weeks," Stauffer points out, "We saw a lot of the San Sharks Jose pro scouts on the road."

Jamie 02-25-2014 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil (Post 80494989)
I will update this post as rumors come up. Let's try and keep the clutter and proposals out of this thread and keep it strictly for rumors.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444655
It says MacT wants to get back their picks, and potentially more!
It rumours Gagner, Smyth and Hemsky, so, I think this rumour is easy:
Gagner for 2nd.
Smyth for 3rd.
Hemsky for 4th.

Boom. Give me millions and make me GM.

Bryanbryoil 02-25-2014 07:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie (Post 80498021)
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=444655
It says MacT wants to get back their picks, and potentially more!
It rumours Gagner, Smyth and Hemsky, so, I think this rumour is easy:
Gagner for 2nd.
Smyth for 3rd.
Hemsky for 4th.

Boom. Give me millions and make me GM.

Thanks, I added that to the OP. I'm thinking that Gagner goes for a player and a pick/prospect and that Hemsky gets better than a 4th.

nexttothemoon 02-25-2014 09:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cooker24 (Post 80503841)
Anyone got any legitimate inside information on where Hemsky might go? Sure, you might not be able to post it in here, but PM me.

I'm working for NHL Revealed this weekend, so hopefully I'll have some inside information or interesting insight to offer.

Not really secret inside info BUT it comes from Bob Stauffer who is essentially the most plugged in source for Oilers info...


http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/n...ers-islanders/

"Feb. 18. According to Edmonton radio host and Oilers analyst Bob Stauffer, the Montreal Canadiens or Pittsburgh Penguins -- two Eastern Conference clubs known to be looking for help up front -- might be interested in Edmonton's Ales Hemsky."

"Hemsky is in the second year of a two-year, $10-million contract. The Oilers, Stauffer says, will likely have to retain some of that salary if they are to successfully move Hemsky or fellow pending free agent Nick Schultz."

"The San Jose Sharks have been bird-dogging the Oilers a lot over about the last three weeks," Stauffer points out, "We saw a lot of the San Sharks Jose pro scouts on the road."

ponokanocker 02-25-2014 09:51 PM

Eklund reporting Nashville is interested in Gagner. I know he throws a lot out there but this is the RUMOR thread.

Bryanbryoil 02-25-2014 11:43 PM

Again please keep proposals and speculation to the proposals thread. Since we aren't all that far off from the deadline things could start happening VERY quickly and I don't want everyone to have to read through pages of crap to get to the goods. After the deadline we can go back to discussing the rumors and run the thread a bit more loosely, until then it's rumors only. 8 days people, let's try and keep this thread going strong for 8 days loaded with rumors only.

Bergeron47 02-26-2014 12:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nexttothemoon (Post 80504151)
Not really secret inside info BUT it comes from Bob Stauffer who is essentially the most plugged in source for Oilers info...


http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/n...ers-islanders/

"Feb. 18. According to Edmonton radio host and Oilers analyst Bob Stauffer, the Montreal Canadiens or Pittsburgh Penguins -- two Eastern Conference clubs known to be looking for help up front -- might be interested in Edmonton's Ales Hemsky."

"Hemsky is in the second year of a two-year, $10-million contract. The Oilers, Stauffer says, will likely have to retain some of that salary if they are to successfully move Hemsky or fellow pending free agent Nick Schultz."

"The San Jose Sharks have been bird-dogging the Oilers a lot over about the last three weeks," Stauffer points out, "We saw a lot of the San Sharks Jose pro scouts on the road."

I believe Stauffer referenced the Montreal Canadiens when he said that they'd be looking for a 2nd or a 'B' rate prospect

CornKicker 02-26-2014 08:42 AM

more of the smae but this part stood out

"Teams have also contacted the Oilers about wingers Nail Yakupov and Jordan Eberle, and if the right deal presented itself, MacTavish seems willing to listen."

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/edm140225.html

the tikk 02-26-2014 09:27 AM

So - just to clarify - this thread is for posting rumours, but we're not allowed to discuss or assess them?

Like, if there's a rumour of Hemsky to Montreal, this is not the appropriate place to contemplate what the specifics of the rumour might entail?

Bryanbryoil 02-26-2014 09:33 AM

Not sure how reliable this is but take it FWIW it says that Gagner is off to LA. https://twitter.com/TBSonK97/status/438666515219771393

Bryanbryoil 02-26-2014 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by the tikk (Post 80517787)
So - just to clarify - this thread is for posting rumours, but we're not allowed to discuss or assess them?

Like, if there's a rumour of Hemsky to Montreal, this is not the appropriate place to contemplate what the specifics of the rumour might entail?

Yes, they are to be posted here but discussed in the proposal thread until after the deadline.

Powder 02-26-2014 11:41 AM

' The Flyers reportedly held trade talks with the Edmonton Oilers prior to the Olympic break, and are believed to be interested in forward Jordan Eberle.

Oilers GM Craig MacTavish prefers not to trade Eberle, but would consider it if the right offer presented itself. '

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phi140226.html

BowDangles 02-26-2014 12:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Powder (Post 80523415)
' The Flyers reportedly held trade talks with the Edmonton Oilers prior to the Olympic break, and are believed to be interested in forward Jordan Eberle.

Oilers GM Craig MacTavish prefers not to trade Eberle, but would consider it if the right offer presented itself. '

http://www.thefourthperiod.com/news/phi140226.html

I find that the fourth period has a lot of rumours and not much truth. It seems like over the last two years they have started going more out on a limb and haven't been very accurate.

I don't really see a #1 defence man on Philly that Edmonton could use, and they better not trade Eberle or anything super significant (Yakupov, 2014 1st) for anything but that #1 guy.

I wonder how reliable that Zimmerman is, and I wonder if he was misquoted by that radio host. If Zimmerman says "Gagner is as good as gone to LA", well that is a lot different than "Gagner is off to LA"

Paralyzer 02-26-2014 12:33 PM

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 1m
Trade front has yet to heat up for Oilers UFA's. Dont think Oilers Management waiting by the phones to close a deal at the this time

I know it isn't a rumor but doesn't seem anything is imminent.

More to his tweet:

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 2m
Because St. Louis acquired the #Oilers #2 as part of the David Perron trade you would have to think they would part with their #1...

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 1m
...by the time the dust settles the Blues #1 might be the 25th overall and the Oilers #2 could be in the 33rd-34th overall range

Don't think St. Louis will do it at Trade Deadline because I think it depends on who is at the 25th spot and if they feel he will be there around the Oilers 2nd round pick.

BowDangles 02-26-2014 12:33 PM

@Bob_Stauffer 1m
Trade front has yet to heat up for Oilers UFA's. Dont think Oilers Management waiting by the phones to close a deal at the this time

This is pretty common sense, but sort of debunks the majority of the Olympic freeze trade frenzy. Teams will wait till the actual TDD on most cases just to save salary over the next week.

Psycho Dad 02-26-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil (Post 80517985)
Not sure how reliable this is but take it FWIW it says that Gagner is off to LA. https://twitter.com/TBSonK97/status/438666515219771393

That's the K-97 morning crew, and although they're hilarious, they are definitely OUTsiders.

Paralyzer008 02-26-2014 05:13 PM

Oilers have two scouts at the Bruins vs Sabres game tonight.

WPG and PIT do as well (having two scouts)

dustrock 02-26-2014 05:57 PM

Speaking of Bob McKenzie, he's saying Vancouver wants to move Kesler for someone like Johansen or Stepan. Dellow says "if they could either of those guys for him, why hasn't it already happened?" :yo:

Lindo 02-26-2014 07:48 PM

Louis Jean ‏@LouisJean_TVA 4m
Sources say Ryan Kesler requested a trade some time ago & wants out of Vcr. Told #Canucks don't want to trade him but may not have a choice.

molsonmuscle360 02-26-2014 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bryanbryoil (Post 80517985)
Not sure how reliable this is but take it FWIW it says that Gagner is off to LA. https://twitter.com/TBSonK97/status/438666515219771393

Steve Zimmerman is the guy from the Terry, Bill and Steve show in the mornings (not sure what station it's on, one of the stations here in Fort Mac used to carry it for a while) and as far as I know he's just a comedian.

Bryanbryoil 02-26-2014 08:46 PM

There is now almost a page worth of content in this thread that we've left standing, this is how I want this thread to go until the deadline. If your posts are not really in line with what is seen in the first 20 or so posts then they probably belong in the speculation thread. Thanks for the appreciation/kind words but TBH that just makes it that much more stuff to read to get to rumors so let's keep it out of this thread! And if this format doesn't really suit you then this is not the place to complain about it/offer suggestions, if you have ideas that you'd like discussed feel free to PM me. As it stands IMO this is the best way to get the most up to date rumors without having to wade through everything else (good and bad).

Powder 02-26-2014 08:52 PM

Then there's this…

@adater
Ryan Kesler has NOT requested a trade, his agent Kurt Overhardt tells me. Says reports saying so are "BS"

Edit: Something tels me that there's going to be a lot of this going on over the next week.

And isn't it nice that a story like this breaks and it's NOT about the Oilers? :)

Dave 02-26-2014 10:03 PM

there's also this, bob mackenzie is retweeting him

Quote:

Bruce Arthur ‏@bruce_arthur 9h
For what it's worth, Ryan Kesler was telling people after the bronze medal game in Sochi that he had a broken hand.

Bruce Arthur ‏@bruce_arthur 1h
On @LouisJean_TVA's Kesler trade request story: Kesler was also telling people he wanted out of Vancouver after the bronze medal game. So ..

Bruce Arthur ‏@bruce_arthur 1h
... maybe he didn't tell his agent? Anyway, I know who I trust on this.

Paralyzer 02-26-2014 10:31 PM

Bob Stauffer ‏@Bob_Stauffer 23s
FYI...The LA Kings are looking at both Tyler Toffoli and Tanner Pearson with Kyle Clifford a scratch

If Bob is hinting it's Pearson, Toffoli and Clifford, I do that deal and RUN!

Uncle Grouchy Smurf 02-27-2014 12:29 PM

Mark Easson ‏@myNHLTradeRumor 5m
Elliotte Friedman on Fan590 thinks the Oilers and Rangers could be interested in Kesler. The Kings may have interest in Andrew MacDonald.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.