HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   How much For a Sabres Goalie (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=161232)

JPurp26 08-10-2005 08:40 PM

How much For a Sabres Goalie

The Sabres need to get rid of a goalie and some teams need one but what would the prospoal look like. The Sabres lack D
Leave some Prospoals
Martin Biron
Mika Noreaen
Ryan Miller

Peter Griffin 08-10-2005 08:48 PM

Teams might be interested in Miller or Noronen, but seeing what T-Bo got the Hawks today, don't expect much, if anything, for Biron. Goalies' values are just not at a premium right now.

HuskyFlames 08-10-2005 08:56 PM

MIKA NORONEN.

I think the Flames would be willing to pony up a pick for him. With the way goalies are getting traded for picks..I'd say his value is around a 3rd/4th round pick. Would be nice to have an all FInish tandum..Kipper and Noronen..the Mikka/Mika tandum :)

FOr once the Flames goalie sitaution would actually look quite decent.

Kipper, Noronen, Sauve, Krahn.

boredmale 08-10-2005 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Griffin
Teams might be interested in Miller or Noronen, but seeing what T-Bo got the Hawks today, don't expect much, if anything, for Biron. Goalies' values are just not at a premium right now.

I was just about to say the same thing, T-bo's trade should give the sabres a rough idea how much there goaltending is worth. If Buffalo was smart they would call up the leafs and try trade Biron for Belfour and a draft pick(so they have more cap room). If belfour performs well they can then turn around and trade him near the deadline.

Darth Milbury 08-10-2005 09:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
MIKA NORONEN.

I think the Flames would be willing to pony up a pick for him. With the way goalies are getting traded for picks..I'd say his value is around a 3rd/4th round pick. Would be nice to have an all FInish tandum..Kipper and Noronen..the Mikka/Mika tandum :)

FOr once the Flames goalie sitaution would actually look quite decent.

Kipper, Noronen, Sauve, Krahn.

Noronen's trade value is higher than that. T-bo was in the second or third tier of vet goalies, and those kind of guys never bring fair return. Noronen, however, is still a good (and inexpensive) young prospect. I'd say that the Sabres could get a 2nd rounder, or maybe even a late 1st for him.

TehDoak 08-10-2005 09:20 PM

A goalie+pick for a 3-4 d-man.

JOHNBOY 08-10-2005 09:38 PM

We need A Top 4 Defenseman!

You Can Have Anyone Of Them For A Top 4 Defensive Defenseman!!!!!

TehDoak 08-10-2005 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
We need A Top 4 Defenseman!

You Can Have Anyone Of Them For A Top 4 Defensive Defenseman!!!!!

Except Miller or Noronen :)

andimgone 08-10-2005 09:56 PM

Biron for Mara. :dunno:

Not exactly a defensive defenseman though.... and they'll probably end up making the same salary.

Strong Island 08-10-2005 10:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jc84

Not exactly a defensive defenseman though.... and they'll probably end up making the same salary.

Buffalo would do that in a second.

Pretty much every team has a set goaltending situation in place. Buffalo's best bet would be to wait until a few goalies get injured during the season, and playing teams offers against eachother to drive up the value of one of the three.

HuskyFlames 08-10-2005 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Darth Milbury
Noronen's trade value is higher than that. T-bo was in the second or third tier of vet goalies, and those kind of guys never bring fair return. Noronen, however, is still a good (and inexpensive) young prospect. I'd say that the Sabres could get a 2nd rounder, or maybe even a late 1st for him.

I would have agreed a season ago but after seeing #1 goalies (3 million and less) who have carried a team and played #1 goalie amount og fames get tarded for #2 picks over the last year and so (Lalime, T-bo, Weeks, etc) I don't see a team giving up that high of a pick right now. I don't see a team giving up a late 1st for a goalie who is going to be a UFA in the next 1-2 years and hasn't had starting experience as well.

HuskyFlames 08-10-2005 10:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dkball7
Buffalo would do that in a second.

Pretty much every team has a set goaltending situation in place. Buffalo's best bet would be to wait until a few goalies get injured during the season, and playing teams offers against eachother to drive up the value of one of the three.

I agree. UNless they can include him in a package deal to fill their own holes before the season starts.

BDubinskyNYR17* 08-10-2005 10:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patrick - Flames Fan
I agree. UNless they can include him in a package deal to fill their own holes before the season starts.

Pyatt for Poti??

SuperUnknown 08-10-2005 10:49 PM

How about Biron for Rivet?

Onion Boy 08-10-2005 11:18 PM

BUF: Aaron Miller
LA: Martin Biron

May need picks to even it out (not sure which way though).

burgess1978 08-11-2005 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sjb3599
BUF: Aaron Miller
LA: Martin Biron

May need picks to even it out (not sure which way though).

Done!

Miller $2.6m
Biron $2.1m

They are both worth about a 3rd round pick at the moment (from recent trades) so they are of equal value IMO.

JPurp26 08-11-2005 09:33 AM

doesnt Aaron miller not wanna play for Buffalo beacuse of hometown pressure
something stupid like that?

hbk 08-11-2005 04:47 PM

Quote:

Phoenix wouldn't do it. If quality goalies are going for a fourth why would they make this type of deal.

Tra La La 08-11-2005 04:56 PM

Afinogenov,Campbell, and Norronen for Ohlund :confused:

andimgone 08-11-2005 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hbk
Phoenix wouldn't do it. If quality goalies are going for a fourth why would they make this type of deal.

Because Ballard could replace Mara.

hbk 08-11-2005 05:13 PM

Quote:

Because Ballard could replace Mara.

I think that may be where Phoenix is going but that being said I think they could get more for Mara than just Biron; especially with today's current market value for goaltenders.

Peter Griffin 08-11-2005 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by invader Zim
Afinogenov,Campbell, and Norronen for Ohlund :confused:

And the Canucks do this because....? :dunno:

Freddie Mercury 08-11-2005 05:31 PM

How about for Biron and Drury+a draft pick for Conklin and Peca?

KH1 08-11-2005 06:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAE2

Peca isn't worth much (and his return to Buffalo would be a PR disaster) and Conklin for Biron straight up would be a hard sell. Add in a good player in Drury and a pick and you've got no hope.

Hobey Baker 08-11-2005 06:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NAE2

Buffalo is looking to subtract a goalie, so adding Conklin to the equation doesn't make much sense. The value is off as well (too much going to EDM).