HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Speculation: Devils are Buyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1612591)

NHL Fanatik* 02-27-2014 11:00 AM

Devils are Buyers
 
Lou Lamoriello states the team will 'no doubt' be buyers at the trade deadline.

Lou never says much, this is interesting.

http://prohockeytalk.nbcsports.com/2...ys-lamoriello/

Edit: don't know how to work links, help please? Or did it come out right?

RebuildTheRebuild 02-27-2014 11:11 AM

The link came out fine! I would assume that the Devils would look for offensive pieces. Would there be any interest in Hemsky at all from the Devils?

Quares27 02-27-2014 11:12 AM

I guess there aren't many options this year with no 1st rounder... might as well make a playoff push

Jerzey Devil 02-27-2014 11:13 AM

I would have hoped Lou waited for the outcome of the next few games but we all should have known this was coming.

Mike Jones 02-27-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Quares27 (Post 80584455)
I guess there aren't many options this year with no 1st rounder... might as well make a playoff push

Exactly - make a run for it now and sort everything out later.

NHL Fanatik* 02-27-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CurrenR (Post 80584431)
The link came out fine! I would assume that the Devils would look for offensive pieces. Would there be any interest in Hemsky at all from the Devils?

Thanks! And could definitely see interest there, he played real well with Jagr, Hemsky -Elias - Jagr would be nice, if we can't get 1st line talent/potential

phosphene* 02-27-2014 11:14 AM

Nikolai Kulemin or Sam Gagner.

Zajacs Bowl Cut 02-27-2014 11:16 AM

ugh. they should NOT be buyers....

if they do happen to actually be buyers, they better not be giving up valuable assets for pending UFAs

NHL Fanatik* 02-27-2014 11:19 AM

Is Crosby available? :sarcasm:

Kesler? Would be a real nice fit here. But I'd prefer some younger/more offensively focused talent... But we're NJ so he fits well.

SI90 02-27-2014 11:22 AM

Good news as an islander fan. I thought Jagr was going to be another winger on the market with Vanek. Jagr is still playing at a high level.

HoseEmDown 02-27-2014 11:23 AM

Teddy Purcell would look really good in red and black. We can give you a 1st too so you have one this draft and all it would take is Larsson?

Marshal Rochambeau 02-27-2014 11:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Devilish Predator (Post 80584861)
Is Crosby available? :sarcasm:

Kesler? Would be a real nice fit here. But I'd prefer some younger/more offensively focused talent... But we're NJ so he fits well.

Kesler has shown that he can score forty goals in a season. However, I think his defensive play hinders him from having high point totals. Overall, he brings both to the table, not unlike Elias, Parise, and many other historic Devils. Also, Lou came out of no where when he traded for Schneider.

I think he pulls another "out of no where" move this year and acquires Kesler.

Roof Daddy 02-27-2014 11:24 AM

Hemsky for 2015 2nd?

Roof Daddy 02-27-2014 11:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seto (Post 80585099)
Kesler has shown that he can score forty goals in a season. However, I think his defensive play hinders him from having high point totals. Overall, he brings both to the table, not unlike Elias, Parise, and many other historic Devils. Also, Lou came out of no where when he traded for Schneider.

I think he pulls another "out of no where" move this year and acquires Kesler.

And what exactly is going the other way? It would have to start with Henrique+Larsson.

Ron C. 02-27-2014 11:31 AM

It's great to say you want to be a buyer, but the question is with what... and to what end?

Are you willing to part with Henrique or Larsson? I can't see trading Merrill, Severson perhaps.

NJ doesn't own it's 2014 1st, can they risk moving the 2015 1st in such a strong draft year?

You have several UFAs, but why move them if you are "buying"?

NHL Fanatik* 02-27-2014 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron C. (Post 80585497)
It's great to say you want to be a buyer, but the question is with what... and to what end?

Are you willing to part with Henrique or Larsson? I can't see trading Merrill, Severson perhaps.

NJ doesn't own it's 2014 1st, can they risk moving the 2015 1st in such a strong draft year?

You have several UFAs, but why move them if you are "buying"?

I like to think it's what makes the team all the more interesting... And bad for my health.

uncleben85 02-27-2014 11:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roof Daddy (Post 80585201)
And what exactly is going the other way? It would have to start with Henrique+Larsson.

Henrique+Larsson for Kesler??

All these proposals for Kesler seem to be consistently high... I guess I'm undervaluing him in my mind.

Zajacs Bowl Cut 02-27-2014 11:37 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roof Daddy (Post 80585201)
And what exactly is going the other way? It would have to start with Henrique+Larsson.

that is too much for the Devils to give up.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron C. (Post 80585497)
It's great to say you want to be a buyer, but the question is with what... and to what end?

Are you willing to part with Henrique or Larsson? I can't see trading Merrill, Severson perhaps.

NJ doesn't own it's 2014 1st, can they risk moving the 2015 1st in such a strong draft year?

You have several UFAs, but why move them if you are "buying"?

Henrique no, Larsson I would be willing to move for a comparable young top 6 forward.

and we don't have THAT many UFAs....Jagr, Zidlicky, and Fayne are really the only ones of any importance.

Jtown 02-27-2014 11:38 AM

I really don't see what they would be buying. They Have good forwards. If they got a true number 1 that would make zajac a 2 and henrique a 3 which would be dynamite. However The only 1 out there is kesler and he is a lower end 1.

The Devil In I 02-27-2014 11:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtown (Post 80585851)
I really don't see what they would be buying. They Have good forwards. If they got a true number 1 that would make zajac a 2 and henrique a 3 which would be dynamite. However The only 1 out there is kesler and he is a lower end 1.

lol

The goals for numbers strongly disagree with you.

Beetlebum* 02-27-2014 11:41 AM

Devils need to eek out one more goal per game. If that happens they are one of the elite teams in the league due to their system and goaltending.

NHL Fanatik* 02-27-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beetlebum (Post 80586037)
Devils need to eek out one more goal per game. If that happens they are one of the elite teams in the league due to their system and goaltending.

I honestly agree.

There was a thread for bubble teams and which are best, I'd like to vote NJ because if they can upgrade the O enough, go on a tear, and make the playoffs... That means they will be hot at the right time, have the defense and goaltending they need, and the system to thrive in the playoffs.

But it's making it there which will be difficult...

AfroThunder396 02-27-2014 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron C. (Post 80585497)
It's great to say you want to be a buyer, but the question is with what... and to what end?

Are you willing to part with Henrique or Larsson? I can't see trading Merrill, Severson perhaps.

NJ doesn't own it's 2014 1st, can they risk moving the 2015 1st in such a strong draft year?

You have several UFAs, but why move them if you are "buying"?

And go three straight years without a 1st round pick? No thanks.

I expect Lou to make cost-controlled bargain bin moves. Which infuriates me, but that's really all we can afford right now.

We won't move our young talent for rentals, don't have enough pieces to get a top young guy signed for some time, and trading our veterans compromises our chances at this so called "playoff run".

Someone on the Devils board brought up Ray Whitney, which seems like a Lou move. Wouldn't be opposed to it. There were rumblings of Ryan Smyth a month or two ago, which I would not like. Those seem to be the guys Lou would go after. Hemsky I can see. If we had better assets I'd go after Moulson but that seems unlikely.

NHL Fanatik* 02-27-2014 12:02 PM

Knowing my luck, Lou will make a trade for an AHLer and call it a day.

I want some trade action baby!

GuillaumeLetsundress* 02-27-2014 12:03 PM

not surprised at all, their hands are somewhat tied. Have to make the best out of the situation they are in. This may be there last "push" or "buyer" season for a while.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:25 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.