HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Speculation: Trade Proposal Thread Ver 9 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1615005)

Blind Gardien 03-02-2014 04:26 PM

Trade Proposal Thread Ver 9
 
Continued from...

http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/sh....php?t=1606295

Oleg Petrov 03-02-2014 04:34 PM

Eller, 1st & Beaulieu

for

Kesler


Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Briere Kesler Prust
Gionta Plekanec Galchenyuk
Weise White Bournival

Teufelsdreck 03-02-2014 04:35 PM

Who might be interested in renting Markov? How about Pittsburgh, given the injuries to Letang and Martin.

Habstract 03-02-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov (Post 80812379)
Eller, 1st & Beaulieu

for

Kesler


Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Briere Kesler Prust
Gionta Plekanec Galchenyuk
Weise White Bournival

I find the price for Kesler a tad too high. Plekanec on the 3rd , I'm not sure about that one.

shutehinside 03-02-2014 04:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov (Post 80812379)
Eller, 1st & Beaulieu

for

Kesler


Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Briere Kesler Prust
Gionta Plekanec Galchenyuk
Weise White Bournival

Eller(former 1st rounder) and 2 1st for a 3rd line centre?

overlords 03-02-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov (Post 80812379)
Eller, 1st & Beaulieu

for

Kesler


Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Briere Kesler Prust
Gionta Plekanec Galchenyuk
Weise White Bournival

You give all that for Kesler and you still play him behind DD.

Priceless.

Oleg Petrov 03-02-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habstract (Post 80812783)
I find the price for Kesler a tad too high. Plekanec on the 3rd , I'm not sure about that one.

The 2nd & 3rd lines are interchangeable - can both provide offense and can both play against the other teams' top lines.

Habstract 03-02-2014 04:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Teufelsdreck (Post 80812473)
Who might be interested in renting Markov? How about Pittsburgh, given the injuries to Letang and Martin.

If MB decide to trade Markov, I think Pit/LA would be the 2 most likely teams to acquire him.

Kobe Armstrong 03-02-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov (Post 80812379)
Eller, 1st & Beaulieu

for

Kesler


Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Briere Kesler Prust
Gionta Plekanec Galchenyuk
Weise White Bournival

I love how you trade for Kesler then pair him with Briere and Prust

Habskrieg 03-02-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutehinside (Post 80812853)
Eller(former 1st rounder) and 2 1st for a 3rd line centre?

While I also don't like the proposal. Kesler definitely isn't a 3rd liner...

Oleg Petrov 03-02-2014 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by overlords (Post 80812879)
You give all that for Kesler and you still play him behind DD.

Priceless.

You and I both know that those 3 lines would see pretty close to equal playing time. Whatever order they are in depends on how they are doing that night.

missthenet 03-02-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov (Post 80812379)
Eller, 1st & Beaulieu

for

Kesler


Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Briere Kesler Prust
Gionta Plekanec Galchenyuk
Weise White Bournival

No way no young guys or draft choices for one year of an overpaid and often injured Kessler.

Habstract 03-02-2014 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov (Post 80812931)
The 2nd & 3rd lines are interchangeable - can both provide offense and can both play against the other teams' top lines.

I know what you mean but Kesler and Pleky = $5M of Cap hit each... It's alot of money.

Oleg Petrov 03-02-2014 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missthenet (Post 80813077)
No way no young guys or draft choices for one year of an overpaid and often injured Kessler.

two years

Impossible Glory 03-02-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov (Post 80812379)
Eller, 1st & Beaulieu

for

Kesler


Pacioretty Desharnais Gallagher
Briere Kesler Prust
Gionta Plekanec Galchenyuk
Weise White Bournival

You get Kesler to play him with a 4th liner and a guy that struggles to get 12 minutes of ice time a game? That's stupid.

Oleg Petrov 03-02-2014 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habstract (Post 80813097)
I know what you mean but Kesler and Pleky = $5M of Cap hit each... It's alot of money.

Another way to look at it. Plek, Kesler & Desharnais have a combined $13.5 Million cap hit.

That's not bad for your top 3 centers, all signed through the next 2 seasons.

Dont Poke Subban 03-02-2014 04:45 PM

I'm not ready to give up on Eller just yet.

Him and Galchenyuk will be beasts next season.

I think MB stays put and will sign a new player this summer to replace Gionta.

87CROSBYBEST87 03-02-2014 04:45 PM

Pittsburgh respectfully; but vociferously declines! NO interest in Markov what-so-ever

Oleg Petrov 03-02-2014 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Impossible Glory (Post 80813407)
You get Kesler to play him with a 4th liner and a guy that struggles to get 12 minutes of ice time a game? That's stupid.

Play him with whoever you want.....

The point is that you can acquire him and your center position is solidified for the next 3 seasons.

Habstract 03-02-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87CROSBYBEST87 (Post 80813527)
Pittsburgh respectfully; but vociferously declines! NO interest in Markov what-so-ever

Is your name Ray Shero?! :sarcasm:

missthenet 03-02-2014 04:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oleg Petrov (Post 80813253)
two years

correct, sorry, still to much I live in Vancouver and see lots of Canuck games and he is pretty good but this is way to much for a team in the middle of a rebuild.

Oleg Petrov 03-02-2014 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by missthenet (Post 80813907)
correct, sorry, still to much I live in Vancouver and see lots of Canuck games and he is pretty good but this is way to much for a team in the middle of a rebuild.

EDM, CGY, BUF, NYI now those are rebuilds, MTL is way beyond that.

LastRide 03-02-2014 04:53 PM

Pull the damn trigger already for crying out loud. Every year we end up waiting until the trade deadline wondering who we are going to get, and end up coming out of it holding our dicks with nothing to show..LOL

Teufelsdreck 03-02-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 87CROSBYBEST87 (Post 80813527)
Pittsburgh respectfully; but vociferously declines! NO interest in Markov what-so-ever

You heard this from ... ? Respectfully, perhaps, but vociferously? You mean like a donkey braying? :D If not Markov, then how about Budaj (or Halak from Buffalo)? Surely the Penguins don't want to rely on the playoff edition of Flowery?

Impossible Glory 03-02-2014 04:56 PM

If we ever manage to get Kesler (which I highly doubt since I don't think he'd go to another canadian team), what about playing him on the wing? Put him on Plekanec's right wing and you got a pretty good two-way line that is a constant threat in the attacking zone. If you have to give Eller in the deal, play Bournival as #3 C with Gionta and Bourque. If you need a shutdown line at the end of games, you can always switch him with Prust.

But yeah, Beaulieu, Eller, 1st is a pretty hefty price.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:28 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.