HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: [NYR/TBL] Callahan/2015 1st/Cond 2014 2nd to TBL for Martin St. Louis/Cond pick Pt.II (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1618995)

Bob Richards 03-06-2014 03:08 PM

[NYR/TBL] Callahan/2015 1st/Cond 2014 2nd to TBL for Martin St. Louis/Cond pick Pt.II
 
Continue here.

Bird Law 03-06-2014 03:09 PM

The 1st round pick will be in the lineup tonight with Callahan.

silverfish 03-06-2014 03:18 PM

Just wanted to reiterate a point:

That first round pick in 2015, in the "McDavid Draft"... This team has more issues than trading that pick if we miss the playoffs in the 2014-2015 season. So, everyone is losing their **** about that draft pick when realistically, in what world do we have a shot to draft a premiere player as in a top 10 pick in that draft? Hopefully not this one.

And, complementing point, don't you think if we're going to miss the playoffs next year, that Sather will be wise enough to dump a guy like, ahem, MSL to a contender for a 1st round pick? Not to mention Marc Staal (who the same people believe is running away to Carolina anyway), or (blasphemy) Cam Talbot could get quite a bit of a return, too?

I think we're okay with giving up that pick. Just me though.

RangerBoy 03-06-2014 03:49 PM

MSL was on Michael Kay's show today. He admitted the Olympic snub played a big role. Usually guys don't want to discuss the reasons why they want out. He was upset Yzerman didn't put him on the team after seeing him play every game for four seasons. MSL said he started playing major minutes in the NHL at 25 and he isn't a player who played major minutes early in his career. More left in the tank at the age of 38.

DelZottoHitTheNetJK 03-06-2014 03:51 PM

Hate the trade. Gave up way too much regarding the picks. Unbelievable considering Marty had a long list consisting of, you know, just us in which he would waive for.

If we get bounced in the ECF and Callahan doesn't resign with TB I might die

Draft Guru 03-06-2014 03:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DelZottoHitTheNetJK (Post 81226809)
Hate the trade. Gave up way too much regarding the picks. Unbelievable considering Marty had a long list consisting of, you know, just us in which he would waive for.

If we get bounced in the ECF and Callahan doesn't resign with TB I might die

Overreaction much?

Bob Richards 03-06-2014 03:56 PM


offdacrossbar 03-06-2014 03:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 81226707)
MSL was on Michael Kay's show today. He admitted the Olympic snub played a big role. Usually guys don't want to discuss the reasons why they want out. He was upset Yzerman didn't put him on the team after seeing him play every game for four seasons. MSL said he started playing major minutes in the NHL at 25 and he isn't a player who played major minutes early in his career. More left in the tank at the age of 38.

thats a point that was made earlier. and i agree.

hes a physical freak and a guy who can be productive 3-4 more seasons.

up to us to build around the guy and give him better players to play with.

RangerBoy 03-06-2014 04:03 PM

MSL interview

http://espn.go.com/new-york/radio/show?showId=TMKS

Sound bytes

Jersey Girl 03-06-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 81224757)
Just wanted to reiterate a point:

That first round pick in 2015, in the "McDavid Draft"... This team has more issues than trading that pick if we miss the playoffs in the 2014-2015 season. So, everyone is losing their **** about that draft pick when realistically, in what world do we have a shot to draft a premiere player as in a top 10 pick in that draft? Hopefully not this one.

And, complementing point, don't you think if we're going to miss the playoffs next year, that Sather will be wise enough to dump a guy like, ahem, MSL to a contender for a 1st round pick? Not to mention Marc Staal (who the same people believe is running away to Carolina anyway), or (blasphemy) Cam Talbot could get quite a bit of a return, too?

Do you really think if we are within any kind of shouting distance of a playoff spot in 2015 that Sather will begin selling? With Lundqvist and Nash even closer to the closing of their windows? With Sather's constant MO to mortgage the future for the present?

It may seem nice to type that to make yourself feel better about that first rounder we sacrificed in a strong and deep draft year of 2015, but the reality states there is almost no chance that could possibly happen.

There is a much better chance of us trying hard but missing the 2015 playoffs and getting 'lucky' enough to shoot our way up that strong draft in a lottery, when we don't even hold our own draft pick.

RangerBoy 03-06-2014 04:05 PM

Quote:

McKenzie on TSN Radio "I have to admit that I am surprised how low the prices for rentals were this year"
https://twitter.com/Hope_Smoke/statu...95845470064640

RangerBoy 03-06-2014 04:07 PM

NHL Live has video of Callahan in a TB sweater at the morning skate. Looks weird.

silverfish 03-06-2014 04:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Girl (Post 81227589)
Do you really think if we are within any kind of shouting distance of a playoff spot in 2015 that Sather will begin selling? With Lundqvist and Nash even closer to the closing of their windows? With Sather's constant MO to mortgage the future for the present?

It may seem nice to type that to make yourself feel better about that first rounder we sacrificed in a strong and deep draft year of 2015, but the reality states there is almost no chance that could possibly happen.

There is a much better chance of us trying hard but missing the 2015 playoffs and getting 'lucky' enough to shoot our way up that strong draft in a lottery, when we don't even hold our own draft pick.

Well, had the St. Louis trade fallen through, Sather had a deal on the table from San Jose he was ready to take (that was reportedly) for prospects and picks. So, in short, yes.

Jersey Girl 03-06-2014 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 81227851)
Well, had the St. Louis trade fallen through, Sather had a deal on the table from San Jose he was ready to take (that was reportedly) for prospects and picks. So, in short, yes.

Regardless what was on the table, Sather didn't do it. He never does it. So, in short, no.

silverfish 03-06-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jersey Girl (Post 81227925)
Regardless what was on the table, Sather didn't do it. He never does it. So, in short, no.

Fair enough! Like I said, I don't see us in that position come the trade deadline in 2015 anyway, barring a catastrophic disaster of some sort.

SnowblindNYR 03-06-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 81227851)
Well, had the St. Louis trade fallen through, Sather had a deal on the table from San Jose he was ready to take (that was reportedly) for prospects and picks. So, in short, yes.

For Callahan? I'm actually glad. That means the contract was the problem and it wasn't just an opportunity to trade Callahan.

Killem Dafoe 03-06-2014 04:37 PM

The podcast with Michael Kay was interesting. Loved hearing how St Louis thinks we play playoff hockey.

He also said "you know" exactly 368 times.

E-Train 03-06-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 81227851)
Well, had the St. Louis trade fallen through, Sather had a deal on the table from San Jose he was ready to take (that was reportedly) for prospects and picks. So, in short, yes.

I'd love to hear what that offer actually was.

silverfish 03-06-2014 04:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by E-Train (Post 81229527)
I'd love to hear what that offer actually was.

Same. I doubt we ever will, though.

Staals Eye 03-06-2014 04:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangerBoy (Post 81227631)

Darth Snow was on XM today basically saying the rental market was horrible because of 1 player that didn't get traded. He said allot of teams were on a holding pattern because of this. I'm guessing he meant Kessler?

E-Train 03-06-2014 04:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by silverfish (Post 81229563)
Same. I doubt we ever will, though.

Maybe something will leak out, the Chris Stewart rumor was out there. Trade boards always has a summary of rumored deals that didn't happen. Haven't seen it this year as of yet.

RangersFan 03-06-2014 06:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Richards (Post 81227087)

are there any callahan interviews immediately after the trade yesterday?

SixGoalieSystem 03-06-2014 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangersFan (Post 81234963)
are there any callahan interviews immediately after the trade yesterday?

He called in to TSN a couple of hours after the trade.

Bob Richards 03-06-2014 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RangersFan (Post 81234963)
are there any callahan interviews immediately after the trade yesterday?

Yes.


RangersFan 03-06-2014 06:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bob Richards (Post 81235091)
Yes.


http://sleepandrepeat.com/wp-content...eek-crying.jpg

I am cry. He was shocked.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:00 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.