HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Columbus Blue Jackets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=31)
-   -   Blue Jackets and hockey fans (Sad news about Roadman) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1619269)

Roadman 03-06-2014 09:43 PM

Blue Jackets and hockey fans (Sad news about Roadman)

For those of you who knew and communicated with Roadman.....He passed away peacefully in his sleep on 2/15.

His passion for the Blue Jackets was shared with all who knew him. At his Memorial Service we all prayed that his Team will achieve his dream of making the play offs.

My husband was addicted to the "boards". Some of you infuriated him. Some of you supported his positive outlook but you all drove him and deepened his belief in his TEAM.
I too love my Blue Jackets and feel lost without his knowledge and constant updates.

Just thought you might wish to know why a passionate voice went silent.

Hipster Letestu 03-06-2014 09:46 PM

Although I am mostly a lurker on these boards it saddens me greatly to learn of Roadman's passing. My condolences to you and the rest of your family.

Nanabijou 03-06-2014 09:48 PM

I am very sorry for your loss. Thank you for letting us know. He had a great perspective and I enjoyed hearing his thoughts.

fox2usp 03-06-2014 09:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Roadman (Post 81254805)
For those of you who knew and communicated with Roadman.....He passed away peacefully in his sleep on 2/15.

His passion for the Blue Jackets was shared with all who knew him. At his Memorial Service we all prayed that his Team will achieve his dream of making the play offs.

My husband was addicted to the "boards". Some of you infuriated him. Some of you supported his positive outlook but you all drove him and deepened his belief in his TEAM.
I too love my Blue Jackets and feel lost without his knowledge and constant updates.

So terribly sad to hear this. Condolences Ma'am. He will be missed on the boards.

Samkow 03-06-2014 09:48 PM

I'm really sorry for your loss. I genuinely enjoyed chatting with Roadman. He will be missed around here.

CBJWennberg10 03-06-2014 09:49 PM

Aw man. I am sorry for your loss. :(

Sore Loser 03-06-2014 09:49 PM

Quote:

So sorry for your loss - my condolences to your family.

I was quite fond of Roadman personally, one of my favorite fellow posters ... he definitely knew and loved his Jackets, and really was one of the more passionate fans around.

Thank you for letting us know ... I know there is probably so much you are dealing with right now.

punk_o_holic 03-06-2014 09:50 PM

No!! Sorry to hear. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.

I bet JF Omalycat and roadman are having a beer and cheering with us for the Blue Jackets to make the playoffs from up above.

GoJackets1 03-06-2014 09:52 PM

I feel like I lost a friend, as I consider everyone on this board a friend. I'm so sorry for your loss ma'am, he will for sure be missed around here.

BluejacketNut 03-06-2014 09:53 PM

Even through all our differences, we're all still a family. So sorry for your loss and condolences to your family

jackets4life 03-06-2014 09:54 PM

Thank you for sharing the news, sad as it is. Heartfelt condolences to you and your family. Before joining this site to post myself, I had read it for a few years, and Roadman's posts were always among my favorites. He will be missed.

Iron Balls McGinty 03-06-2014 10:04 PM

Even though I don't know anyone personally on this board, we all have a common theme of our CBJ fandom. As others have said, we are all friends here in one form or another. I'm sorry for your loss.

blahblah 03-06-2014 10:06 PM

Oh wow, I really like Roadman.... I am so sorry for your loss.

pete goegan 03-06-2014 10:29 PM

Terribly sorry to hear your sad news, our thoughts are with you. He will be missed.

MoeBartoli 03-06-2014 10:37 PM

So sorry to hear of his passing as are many on this board.

Mayor Bee 03-06-2014 10:41 PM

Quote:

I'm deeply saddened to hear of his passing.

Roadman was one of my favorites, and he will be missed by all of us.

DJAnimosity 03-06-2014 10:42 PM

Very sorry to hear this. Thoughts and condolences to you and your family.

leesmith 03-06-2014 11:46 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss - and ours.

nhldiedinthe90s* 03-06-2014 11:52 PM

RIP Roadman

Robert 03-07-2014 12:26 AM

I can't say I remember many of his posts, his name is familar though... I was probably one of those who infuriated him... ;)

Two other CBJ posters that we know have passed away within the last few years...

Rest in peace Roadman.... Oh, when the Jackets win a playoff game you will know...

Crede777 03-07-2014 01:16 AM

I am very sorry to hear about your loss. I, like the others, felt that Roadman's comments were positive contributions to the boards and our insight on hockey.

alphafox 03-07-2014 05:19 AM

One of the best posters on the boards. He will be missed. RIP.

EspenK 03-07-2014 05:27 AM

He was always the half full guy to my half empty; I am 100.66 percent sure he will be missed by all. My sympathies to his family.

Matt Foley 03-07-2014 05:47 AM

Roadman was a cool dude and a poster whose thoughts I appreciated. I'm deeply sorry for your loss, Mrs. Roadman.

Randy (O'MallyCat was part of his screen name) was a poster who I was fortunate to meet at a viewing party and a few years later he passed away suddenly from IIRC a heart attack. I miss him as well. :(

jacketsfan77 03-07-2014 06:54 AM

I am truely sorry for your loss.