HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Preds Rumour (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=162826)

lightning_legwand* 08-15-2005 07:43 AM

Preds Rumour
 
I heard today on sports tracker that Nashville and Montreal are both trying to acquire Peter Bondra. I do not know how true it is and do not really care cuz we have KARIYA!!!!
But I think if we were to sign another guy, it shoudl be Stumpel, a CENTER!

Vic Rattlehead* 08-15-2005 07:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning_legwand
I heard today on sports tracker that Nashville and Montreal are both trying to acquire Peter Bondra. I do not know how true it is and do not really care cuz we have KARIYA!!!!
But I think if we were to sign another guy, it shoudl be Stumpel, a CENTER!

Stumpel is one of the softest players ever.

lightning_legwand* 08-15-2005 08:28 AM

Woudl u rather have Stumpel or Bondra on a team that NEEDS a center?

Enoch 08-15-2005 10:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning_legwand
Woudl u rather have Stumpel or Bondra on a team that NEEDS a center?

I guess you take Bondra, and make very sure you deal for a center. The only reason Poile would sign Bondra, is if he had a plan for the center position. Stumpel doesn't do a whole lot to answer our center need anyways......more of the same really.

Douggy 08-15-2005 10:24 AM

Bondra would be such a good addition. He's a great leader and has been to the Cup finals before.

hockey_nut 08-15-2005 11:16 AM

where did you hear this? what is sports tracker?

barrytrotzsneck 08-15-2005 12:18 PM

i'm not really sure i believe this, but i'd not be upset if we signed bondra, put it that way.

and no, we don't need or want jozef stumpel.

crossxcheck 08-15-2005 01:38 PM

for the right price/contract what would you guys think of damphousse?

beautypersoni 08-15-2005 02:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
for the right price/contract what would you guys think of damphousse?

I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I think Vincent Damphousse would be an affordable and very helpful part of the Nashville Predators' roster. He's getting up there, and his numbers were a bit down during his last season in San Jose; but he's very consistent, and if he can score a point every two games, he'd help a lot, IMO.

Anyhoo...

SmokeyClause 08-15-2005 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beauty Personified
I've said it before, and I'll say it again - I think Vincent Damphousse would be an affordable and very helpful part of the Nashville Predators' roster.

I'm not sure Colorado wants to part with him.

barrytrotzsneck 08-15-2005 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I'm not sure Colorado wants to part with him.


I'm not sure they have a choice ;)

He's UFA.

SmokeyClause 08-15-2005 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
I'm not sure they have a choice ;)

He's UFA.


I was being sarcastic, thank you very much. :D

To avoid the ambiguity, I should have said, "I'm not sure I want him to leave Colorado." In other words, I want him re-signed. I don't think he's that great an upgrade for us. Bringing him in pushes back someone like Erat or Hartnell who is likely ready for second line ice time.

crossxcheck 08-15-2005 03:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
I was being sarcastic, thank you very much. :D

To avoid the ambiguity, I should have said, "I'm not sure I want him to leave Colorado." In other words, I want him re-signed. I don't think he's that great an upgrade for us. Bringing him in pushes back someone like Erat or Hartnell who is likely ready for second line ice time.

how would damphousse steal icetime from erat or harts? they're wingers and he's a center.

SmokeyClause 08-15-2005 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by crossxcheck
how would damphousse steal icetime from erat or harts? they're wingers and he's a center.

Because then Sullivan goes back to wing instead of center. And that leaves us with 5 players (Erat, Hartnell, Sullivan, Walker, Kariya) to fill 4 forward spots. It pushes one of the aforementioned two (most likely Hartnell) back into the third line. While they'll see solid ice time, they won't get a chance to take their game forward offensively, in my opinion.

crossxcheck 08-15-2005 04:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SmokeyClause
Because then Sullivan goes back to wing instead of center. And that leaves us with 5 players (Erat, Hartnell, Sullivan, Walker, Kariya) to fill 4 forward spots. It pushes one of the aforementioned two (most likely Hartnell) back into the third line. While they'll see solid ice time, they won't get a chance to take their game forward offensively, in my opinion.

I see what you're saying now, but at the same time it gives some guys more incentive to work harder to secure their 1st/2nd line spot and then trotz can use the 3rd line for whoever of those 5 that is not hot at the moment. if that makes sense. I think it would just give us more flexibility.

lightning_legwand* 08-15-2005 06:37 PM

Sports Tracker is a hockey caption up here, channel 24.
Also, Bondra and Poile are real close when Bondra "led" them to the finals in Washington, Poile was the Gm that made that team.

triggrman 08-15-2005 08:04 PM

Poile drafted Bondra but they when they made the finals Poile was already here.

lightning_legwand* 08-15-2005 08:21 PM

That is what I was saying by Poile made that team.

nashtrash25 08-15-2005 10:24 PM

Damphousse would be a very good fit. Nashville is emulating San Jose in many ways, and Damphousse was a very valuable guy there on a young, energetic, up-and-coming team. He isn't going to put up big numbers, but he can still make plays, can still score on the power play and was one of the Sharks' best forwards in the playoffs in 03-04.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:34 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.