HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Who is the worst player on ice that you want to trade (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1630441)

ICE NIKE 03-23-2014 08:09 PM

Who is the worst player on ice that you want to trade

How is the worst player in the team that you want to trade

WhiskeySeven 03-23-2014 08:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICE NIKE (Post 82161019)

Who or how, make up your mind.

And threads suck if you don't come up with your own ideas first, also since it's past the deadline I don't see the point really.

Binary Code 03-23-2014 08:31 PM

With all my bipolarity, it changes every game.

Right now Bouillon should leave ASAP.

Habbybirthday 03-23-2014 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WhiskeySeven (Post 82161275)
Who or how, make up your mind.

And threads suck if you don't come up with your own ideas first, also since it's past the deadline I don't see the point really.

Just remember, montreal is french first, as such some posters don't have the english prowess of others. I would say the worst player has got to be gionta right now. He cannot hit the net. Other than that eller is really bad offensively.

Kobe Armstrong 03-23-2014 10:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habbybirthday (Post 82170515)
Just remember, montreal is french first, as such some posters don't have the english prowess of others. I would say the worst player has got to be gionta right now. He cannot hit the net. Other than that eller is really bad offensively.

Gionta played well last night, Bouillon and it's not really close

Teufelsdreck 03-23-2014 10:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kobe Armstrong (Post 82170631)
Gionta played well last night, Bouillon and it's not really close

Bouillon's contract is expiring, isn't it? And is there a GM who would consider taking him on? I see Gionta going to NJ as a UFA. Murray will also go somewhere else.

Thos who think the Habs should have gotten more for Halak than Eller should consider that Halak has been traded twice since then.

Other players who were acquired in trades and proved at least somewhat useful: Vanek, Bournival, Tokarski, Gorges, Weise, Weaver.

905tech 03-23-2014 10:56 PM

Bouillon by a country mile.
Gionta paying on the 3rd line, killing penalties still has a role. He just shouldn't see any top 6, PP icetime.

Bouillon is taking minutes away from Tinordi and/or Beaulieu which is mind boggling.

Rosso Scuderia 03-23-2014 11:01 PM

What's the point of making a negative thread and asking something that is not even possible at this point.

Agnostic 03-23-2014 11:02 PM

Hey rookie, take this thread as a mulligan.

Alexdaman 03-23-2014 11:45 PM

Bourque, Bouillon, Weaver, Gionta... [Eller]

The first four should be goners anywhow.

Eller should be packaged with a couple picks for a decent LW and we should re-sign Vanek if possible.

Oh and also plz newbs dont feel the need to make new threads, just because youve just created an account.

MasterD 03-24-2014 12:04 AM

Bouillon, Gionta and Bourque (and Murray, but he's a fine #6, I'D just rather play Tinordi) need to GTFO, but they're as close as untradable as you get.

The one player who IS tradable that I'd trade is Eller. I think we can get a winger of similar abilities and stature, and it would allow us to switch Galchenyuk to center, where he should play.

Please note that I actually like Eller, but we all know DD won't be traded (mistake), and Plekanek is the ideal #2C capable of getting 50-60 points while playing stellar D.

I would personally try to trade Pleky for a 2a/1b RW, keep Eller on 3rd line C and DD and Galchy on the first 2 lines, but that's not happening.

Alexdaman 03-24-2014 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterD (Post 82173123)
Bouillon, Gionta and Bourque (and Murray, but he's a fine #6, I'D just rather play Tinordi) need to GTFO, but they're as close as untradable as you get.

The one player who IS tradable that I'd trade is Eller. I think we can get a winger of similar abilities and stature, and it would allow us to switch Galchenyuk to center, where he should play.

Please note that I actually like Eller, but we all know DD won't be traded (mistake), and Plekanek is the ideal #2C capable of getting 50-60 points while playing stellar D.

I would personally try to trade Pleky for a 2a/1b RW, keep Eller on 3rd line C and DD and Galchy on the first 2 lines, but that's not happening.

Why does a player in his prime with so little production keep getting so much praise?

Eller can barely make a play to get a point in an entire month yet he still has a landslide confidence approval from the fans.

905tech 03-24-2014 12:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexdaman (Post 82173213)
Why does a player in his prime with so little production keep getting so much praise?

Eller can barely make a play to get a point in an entire month yet he still has a landslide confidence approval from the fans.

Because when he's in a slump, unlike other players who get the best wingers and PP time, he gets benched or sent to the 4th line to play with stone hands.

MasterD 03-24-2014 12:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexdaman (Post 82173213)

I never said Eller was a 90 points/season player. He's a big bodied 3rd line C with some skills, as we saw early in the season. MT decided to stick with DD and ive him the best wingers on the team against all logic, and that killed Eller's streak and confidence.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't expect Eller to surpass 40-50 points on a good year.... but then again, what do you ask form a 3rd liner in today's NHL? If he can be defensively responsible, hit hard and chip-in with 35 points, I'm in. Anything more is bonus.

bentheprop 03-24-2014 12:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexdaman (Post 82172721)
Bourque, Bouillon, Weaver, Gionta... [Eller]

The first four should be goners anywhow.

Eller should be packaged with a couple picks for a decent LW and we should re-sign Vanek if possible.

Oh and also plz newbs dont feel the need to make new threads, just because youve just created an account.

If you keep Vanek then you should try to get a RW and move Vanek back to the left.

Aside from that, dump Boullion, Weaver and Gionta. Murray's fine as a 6/7th Dman with limited time.

The Russian General 03-24-2014 12:40 AM

Reading these threads, you would never guess Habs won vs the Leafs last night. Cant you guys just enjoy life a bit?

Alexdaman 03-24-2014 01:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireTherrien (Post 82173331)
Because when he's in a slump, unlike other players who get the best wingers and PP time, he gets benched or sent to the 4th line to play with stone hands.

Well some players when they go on a slump [DD, Briere] they do get sent down and lose PP time, but they find ways to redeem themselves and grant this team some wins. Other players like [Eller, Bourque] seem lost everlastingly in a jungle however they are used.

I still think hes got potential, but he seems to not get the sense of urgency of his case. Eller is the lowest in +/- at -17, which is absolutely unacceptable. And 23 pts just about registers for a spot on the 4th line.

He never seems able to make the simple plays, he either keeps the puck too long and ends up passing instead of shooting, loses battles along the board and has a hard time dealing with physical play.

He looks lost on the ice, thats his problem and no one elses. I dont care if the coach is Ronald Mcdonald and Ronald happens to not use you so much because he doesn't see automaticaly has the best kid in the bunch. When you play hockey at this level its your responsibility to show that you can perform.

25get 03-24-2014 01:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ICE NIKE (Post 82161019)

Never, I mean NEVER invest in anything based on your question.
Trading the worst player is the worst answer...
You are basically asking: which player will never improve???

Let me start by players who will improve according to me:
Eller, Bourque, Galchenyuk, Subban, Price, Gallagher, Bournival, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Desharnais, Patches, Subban.
Remove the players who are finishing their contract:
Bouillon, Gionta, Markov, Parros, Weise, White, Vanek.
Before Nov 19th, many would have traded DD for 5th round pick.
But now, I would not accept anything below a top-10 for him.
From the 2004 draft (where DD was available), you have Franzen, Zajac, Callaghan who has lower PPG than him...
You have to remember that a top-10 pick will be on your team two or three years down the road... So basically, it is tanking...

Now, you could say that Eller is among the worst players...
Trading him now would be trading a player who is having a bad year where his value is at bottom.
To me Eller is a player who will be able to get 50 points playing on a third line.
If I want to win the PO, Eller at his best is a part of the equation .
You trade him now, you get a second round pick who may never play 100 NHL games...
Trading Eller right now is the worst that we could do.
He could be our own Bickell...
Between him and Dominic Moore, I would keep him!

Bourque is having the worst season of his career. He will get back to scoring 20+ goals.
If you want to trade him, you have two choices:
give up on assets or wait till he has a better value.
There are a few reasons for Bourque to improve:
  • he wants to be traded and he performs to the expected level (20+ goals);
  • His contract is expiring and he is a good asset to trade at deadline (improving his performance before the end);
  • He wants to stay here.

Now if you want to trade assets, you can trade:
  • Price, Paciorretty, Subban, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Markov.
  • Beaulieu, Tinordi, Delarose, Reway, McCarron, Fucale.
Not sure I would qualify those as Worst assets.

Let me reformulate this:
Which assets are performing really well are you ready to get rid of?

Alexdaman 03-24-2014 01:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 24get (Post 82174833)
Never, I mean NEVER invest in anything based on your question.
Trading the worst player is the worst answer...
You are basically asking: which player will never improve???

Let me start by players who will improve according to me:
Eller, Bourque, Galchenyuk, Subban, Price, Gallagher, Bournival, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Desharnais, Patches, Subban.
Remove the players who are finishing their contract:
Bouillon, Gionta, Markov, Parros, Weise, White, Vanek.
Before Nov 19th, many would have traded DD for 5th round pick.
But now, I would not accept anything below a top-10 for him.
From the 2004 draft (where DD was available), you have Franzen, Zajac, Callaghan who has lower PPG than him...
You have to remember that a top-10 pick will be on your team two or three years down the road... So basically, it is tanking...

Now, you could say that Eller is among the worst players...
Trading him now would be trading a player who is having a bad year where his value is at bottom.
To me Eller is a player who will be able to get 50 points playing on a third line. If I want to win the PO, Eller at his best is a part of the equation .
You trade him now, you get a second round pick who may never play 100 NHL games...
Trading Eller right now is the worst that we could do.
He could be our own Bickell...
Between him and Dominic Moore, I would keep him!

Bourque is having the worst season of his career. He will get back to scoring 20+ goals. If you want to trade him, you have tow choices: give up on assets or wait till he has a better value.
There are a few reasons for Bourque to improve:
  • he wants to be traded and he performs to the expected level (20+ goals);
  • His contract is expiring and he is a good asset to trade at deadline (improving his performance before the end);
  • He wants to stay here.

Now if you want to trade assets, you can trade:
  • Price, Paciorretty, Subban, Gallagher, Galchenyuk, Desharnais, Markov.
  • Beaulieu, Tinordi, Delarose, Reway, McCarron, Fucale.
Not sure I would qualify those as Worst assets.

Let me reformulate this:
Which assets are performing really well are you ready to get rid of?

Trading Eller could make room for Galchenyuk at C.

25get 03-24-2014 02:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterD (Post 82173123)

Eller is having a bad season: not the best time to trade him.
Looks like:
  • Eller is the replacement for Plekanec.
  • Tinordi is the replacement for Gorges/Murray.
  • Beaulieu is the replacement for Markov (will never be as good).
  • Gallagher is the replacement for Gionta.
  • Galchenyuk is the replacement for Deharnais.
None are not ready this season...

Next season, Gionta can be replaced by Gallagher.
Same applies with Tinordi to replace Murray.

So if you trade Eller, you need to make sure that De La Rose is going to be able to replace him in two years.
That is way to fast.
At this point, I am signing Eller at 1.75 for two/three years and keeping him.

BTW, next season, Galchenyuk is a center.

25get 03-24-2014 02:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alexdaman (Post 82174927)
Trading Eller could make room for Galchenyuk at C.

No matter what happens, Galchenyuk is going to be a center next year.

You can already see the coaching staff wanting him to practice at center.
They already want him to be a center.

It seems like they think he is ready but they do not want to do it in the last weeks before PO.

25get 03-24-2014 02:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MasterD (Post 82173537)
I never said Eller was a 90 points/season player. He's a big bodied 3rd line C with some skills, as we saw early in the season. MT decided to stick with DD and ive him the best wingers on the team against all logic, and that killed Eller's streak and confidence.

Now, don't get me wrong, I don't expect Eller to surpass 40-50 points on a good year.... but then again, what do you ask form a 3rd liner in today's NHL? If he can be defensively responsible, hit hard and chip-in with 35 points, I'm in. Anything more is bonus.

I think Eller will get at least 40+ points as a third center.
On a good year he could do better than 50 points.

We all saw what he can do.
Let's not assume that his worst season is the best he can do...

25get 03-24-2014 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireTherrien (Post 82171465)
Bouillon by a country mile.
Gionta paying on the 3rd line, killing penalties still has a role. He just shouldn't see any top 6, PP icetime.

Bouillon is taking minutes away from Tinordi and/or Beaulieu which is mind boggling.

Gionta got no PP in:
Top PP is Vanek-DD-Patches obviously then Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Gallagher.
This is the latest TOI...

As for Bouillon, he is more reliable than Tinordi and Beaulieu (not better but more reliable).
It is possible that Therrien wants to have Bouillon more than Tinrodi and Beaulieu this season.

Now you have to look at the moves done by management:
  • Weaver, Murray and Bouillon are all signed for a year;
  • Tinordi and Beaulieu came in are were tried for significant time.
This is telling you all you need to know.

Binary Code 03-24-2014 06:28 AM

Well Bourque played well last game and he's a playoffs performer, probably the best on our team too.

Blind Gardien 03-24-2014 08:19 AM

I would ride Bourque for whatever he can give us to close out the season, but I would not let that give me a microsecond pause in dumping him in the summer. He can score 10 goals the rest of this season, and I'm still moving him, because I know it just means he'll go the first 40 next season with nothing.