HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Pominville to Montreal this summer?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1630747)

loveblood20 03-24-2014 09:38 AM

Pominville to Montreal this summer??
 
http://www.habsolumentfan.com/pominv.../2014/03/15252

Just saw that on my Facebook feed. Thought you guys would like it!!

It says that Pominville is trying to sell Montreal to Vanek so that he signs here and that this summer, Pominville will be traded here.

And it says that the source is familly.

Gros Bonhomme 03-24-2014 09:41 AM

Interesting.

Jrham15 03-24-2014 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gros Bonhomme (Post 82178687)
Interesting.

Indeed.

Rise from the Ashes 03-24-2014 09:46 AM

Super unlikely! Why would he sign with Minny in the first place then?

shutehinside 03-24-2014 09:50 AM

Even if that's the case, sadly, I think Vanek's wife has a bigger say on where they live than does Pominville.

If you were Vanek's wife, would you want your NHL superstar, millionaire husband going out downtown Montreal?? I don't think so. Also, how would Montreal fit Vanek, PK, Markov and Pominville under the cap next year?

Hopefully he can help us get deep into the playoffs but I don't think he'll be back next season even though I'd love to have him back. He's what hat we need on this team.

Richiebottles 03-24-2014 09:51 AM

Would be awesome but we would have to pay alot for him.

zzoo 03-24-2014 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rise from the Ashes (Post 82178837)
Super unlikely! Why would he sign with Minny in the first place then?

He was traded by Sabres to Wild, no ? I'm not very sure though.

Johnny Budwick 03-24-2014 09:54 AM

We don't have sufficient assets to pull off a Pominville trade. Maybe if Bergevin can do a Vanek-like move...

Its probably the other way around. Vanekkers is being courted by Pommers to play with him.

Jrham15 03-24-2014 09:54 AM

Vanek-briere-pominville?

couris 03-24-2014 09:54 AM

If we get rid of high salaried players like Plekanec(5M) and Gionta(5M) or even Briere, maybe we can fit them all

Halifaxhab* 03-24-2014 09:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutehinside (Post 82178977)
Even if that's the case, sadly, I think Vanek's wife has a bigger say on where they live than does Pominville.

If you were Vanek's wife, would you want your NHL superstar, millionaire husband going out downtown Montreal?? I don't think so. Also, how would Montreal fit Vanek, PK, Markov and Pominville under the cap next year?

Hopefully he can help us get deep into the playoffs but I don't think he'll be back next season even though I'd love to have him back. He's what hat we need on this team.

I've been out in Minneapolis-St-Paul....and them twin cities have a ton of bars too. Montreal hasn't cornered the market on high end or even sketchy watering holes or strip bars. The nightlife in Montreal is better than many NHL cities. But that reputation isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Also, if a player were signed here long term, his family would be here too....and being a married father of 3 myself, I know it doesn't leave alot of time to go out when you're home.


As for the Cap....I agree....how in the heck could we possibly afford all that? Unless we trade them Plekanec. Even then I really see no way as we'd be likely still over.




And I call shenanigans on that "rumor" who's the family member? and it sounds more like someones uncle draming up a scenario for "un gars de chez nous" to help the home team instead of his own.

That Habs Fan 03-24-2014 09:58 AM

Pacioretty-Desharnais-Gallagher
Vanek-Galchenyuk-Pominville
Bournival-Eller-Briere
Prust-White-Weise


Plan the parade

Johnny Budwick 03-24-2014 09:58 AM

Gionta, Murray, Markov, Weaver and Bouillon are UFAs this summer.

Bourque will probably be bought out.

With a Pleks trade the Habs have enough cap space

Richiebottles 03-24-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jrham15 (Post 82179069)
Vanek-briere-pominville?

The Montreal Sabres.

Burke the Legend 03-24-2014 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shutehinside (Post 82178977)
Even if that's the case, sadly, I think Vanek's wife has a bigger say on where they live than does Pominville.

If you were Vanek's wife, would you want your NHL superstar, millionaire husband going out downtown Montreal?? I don't think so. Also, how would Montreal fit Vanek, PK, Markov and Pominville under the cap next year?


Every city has bars that a man can get into trouble in, that is a silly thing to worry about. Minneapolis is not a turnip farm, it is a major city, about the same size as Montreal.

Halifaxhab* 03-24-2014 10:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SuperAlpha (Post 82179209)
Gionta, Murray, Markov, Weaver and Bouillon are UFAs this summer.

Bourque will probably be bought out.

With a Pleks trade the Habs have enough cap space

byuing out Bork saves 900K on the cap, that's it. Not good enough to make the space needed

Nedved 03-24-2014 10:01 AM

pominville/vanek/gallagher/galchenyuk/pacioretty

subban/markov/emelin/gorges

price

that's too much money. people will need to be moved. not sure I want both, vanek and pominville.

but then again

vanek galchenyuk pominville

That Habs Fan 03-24-2014 10:02 AM

I give this site less than zero credibility, by the way.

But it's always fun to dream.

canadiensnation 03-24-2014 10:02 AM

I remember someone put a similar thread up last week or mentioned this in the comments somewhere.

Seems like an interesting idea.

hockeyfan2k11 03-24-2014 10:05 AM

Yea sure!

That Habs Fan 03-24-2014 10:08 AM

How exactly can a player force a trade to another team because another player signed with said team?

Absolutely bogus.

PricePkPatch* 03-24-2014 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Habs Fan (Post 82179467)
How exactly can a player force a trade to another team because another player signed with said team?

Absolutely bogus.

What do you mean "Force"?

Halifaxhab* 03-24-2014 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That Habs Fan (Post 82179467)
How exactly can a player force a trade to another team because another player signed with said team?

Absolutely bogus.

*in thick quebequois accent*

Tell Detroit bullsheet. Trade me right *** now.....hangs up phone.

Habs 4 Life 03-24-2014 10:11 AM

Didn't he just extend with the Wild last summer. Why would he want to leave now?

shutehinside 03-24-2014 10:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Halifaxhab (Post 82179165)
I've been out in Minneapolis-St-Paul....and them twin cities have a ton of bars too. Montreal hasn't cornered the market on high end or even sketchy watering holes or strip bars. The nightlife in Montreal is better than many NHL cities. But that reputation isn't all it's cracked up to be.

Also, if a player were signed here long term, his family would be here too....and being a married father of 3 myself, I know it doesn't leave alot of time to go out when you're home.


As for the Cap....I agree....how in the heck could we possibly afford all that? Unless we trade them Plekanec. Even then I really see no way as we'd be likely still over.

And I call shenanigans on that "rumor" who's the family member? and it sounds more like someones uncle draming up a scenario for "un gars de chez nous" to help the home team instead of his own.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burke the Legend (Post 82179231)
Every city has bars that a man can get into trouble in, that is a silly thing to worry about. Minneapolis is not a turnip farm, it is a major city, about the same size as Montreal.

Of course every city has bars but Montreal has a reputation around the league for a well earned reason. Not to mention that with Montreal is a hockey mad city that LOVES it's superstars, it's not hard to imagine a player getting in trouble outside of the home.

Also, because he does have a family and kids schools and day to day live become more difficult. I was born and raised in Montreal and live in the GTA now and I can tell you right now from an outsider perspective, I see why people wouldn't want to play for Montreal for a long period of time. There's a huge cultural difference and it can be very intimidating if you're not used to it especially with the politicical situation that surely doesn't and won't help.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:20 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.