HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Arizona Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Ducks vs. Coyotes (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16309)

Guest 10-02-2003 11:43 AM

Ducks vs. Coyotes

Very telling lineup IMO...

FORWARDS
LEFT WING CENTER RIGHT WING
#17 Ladislav Nagy #11 Daymond Langkow #12 Mike Johnson
#49 Brian Savage #77 Chris Gratton #19 Shane Doan
#8 Daniel Cleary #24 Jan Hrdina #29 Branko Radivojevic
#18 Tyson Nash #36 Krystofer Kolanos #28 Landon Wilson

DEFENSE
#4 Ossi Vaananen #5 David Tanabe
#23 Paul Mara #45 Brad Ference
#6 Matthew Spiller #15 Radoslav Suchy

GOALTENDERS
#33 Brian Boucher #1 Sean Burke

No Simpson, and perhaps trying to showcase Savage & Boucher what they can?

I think they'll only keep Taffe & Spiller around if Simpson & Savage are claimed.

Gwyddbwyll 10-02-2003 12:20 PM

Yep I think you're right.. very telling.. back to the Homer line again and Ossi-Tanabe as the top pairing instead of Mara-Ference.

A pain that Sillinger's injury breaks up that 4th just as it was starting to look like we finally had a second line that had good chemistry other than the Homer line.. I guess the good news is that it gives each center a line.

Dancing Chicken 10-02-2003 01:06 PM

If anybody is going, keep an eye on this line

Could be very interesting..

Kimahri 10-02-2003 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Chicken

I think that the only reason Cleary is plaing tonight is because Sillinger is injured. The bottom two lines probably look more like this without the injuries:

Hrdina Kolanos Branko
Nash Sillinger Wilson

roadrunner 10-02-2003 10:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dancing Chicken

Just got back from the tilt and had a great time even though we lost 3-1. Had some nice chances, but Gigure was up to the task committing robbery and the D in front of him were pretty solid, clearing rebounds and blocking alot of shots.

The Homer Line was solid as usual, but nothing spectacular...except on the powerplay and in the final minute where there must have been a half dozen good chances with Boosh pulled. Unfortuantely, we didn't get a break.

The line of Gratton, Savage, and Doan was our best line. They seemed to read each other pretty well, and showed plenty of bump and hustle. Doan had a really terrific game tonight, lots of good shots and plenty of hits.

The grind line with Kolanos at center was pretty good as well. Kolanos skated in heavy traffic in the slot and made a SWEET drop pass to Nash, but alas, the shot didn't get through. Wilson scored a heads up PP marker as we had a 4 on 3 advantage. His coincidental minor expired (making it 5 on 4), and he just charged out of the penalty box and was able to bull his way in front. Nagy let a nice wrister go and he just had the rebound bounce off his big body and into the net.

Unfortunately, DC, that Hrdina/Branko/Cleary line just couldn't get 'er going tonite...they looked pretty out of sync and pretty much outplayed.

The D was okay, with a couple of breakdowns down low. Anaheim looked much better in that regard. Ferrence took a hard shot to the face, and it turned out he was hit above the eye, thankfully, but he did not return. So Spiller saw much more ice, and looked pretty good. He IS a big fella, and he threw a nice open ice hit by our blueline. I look forward to seeing him more. Mara warmed up as the game went on and was shooting like crazy in the 3rd period on the PP.

I'm sorry, but I am just not a big Boucher fan. He still looks like he's "winging it" out there, instead of buying into Allaire's system. That's his perogative, of course, but it just doesn't look like he has himself together, which I felt was pretty much the case last year. Sure, he made some good saves and didn't always have help, but that 3rd goal was pretty weak...in fact, all three of them were pretty questionable, IMHO. Ah well, maybe the Rangers will snag him. If not, maybe he will be a better backup than being forced to start like last year. I still prefer Bierk.

By the way, that #91 in eggplant/green/white just looks...I dunno...Kinda WRONG! ;)

Dan 10-03-2003 04:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by roadrunner
Just got back from the tilt and had a great time even though we lost 3-1. Had some nice chances, but Gigure was up to the task committing robbery and the D in front of him were pretty solid, clearing rebounds and blocking alot of shots.

The Homer Line was solid as usual, but nothing spectacular...except on the powerplay and in the final minute where there must have been a half dozen good chances with Boosh pulled. Unfortuantely, we didn't get a break.

The line of Gratton, Savage, and Doan was our best line. They seemed to read each other pretty well, and showed plenty of bump and hustle. Doan had a really terrific game tonight, lots of good shots and plenty of hits.

The grind line with Kolanos at center was pretty good as well. Kolanos skated in heavy traffic in the slot and made a SWEET drop pass to Nash, but alas, the shot didn't get through. Wilson scored a heads up PP marker as we had a 4 on 3 advantage. His coincidental minor expired (making it 5 on 4), and he just charged out of the penalty box and was able to bull his way in front. Nagy let a nice wrister go and he just had the rebound bounce off his big body and into the net.

Unfortunately, DC, that Hrdina/Branko/Cleary line just couldn't get 'er going tonite...they looked pretty out of sync and pretty much outplayed.

The D was okay, with a couple of breakdowns down low. Anaheim looked much better in that regard. Ferrence took a hard shot to the face, and it turned out he was hit above the eye, thankfully, but he did not return. So Spiller saw much more ice, and looked pretty good. He IS a big fella, and he threw a nice open ice hit by our blueline. I look forward to seeing him more. Mara warmed up as the game went on and was shooting like crazy in the 3rd period on the PP.

I'm sorry, but I am just not a big Boucher fan. He still looks like he's "winging it" out there, instead of buying into Allaire's system. That's his perogative, of course, but it just doesn't look like he has himself together, which I felt was pretty much the case last year. Sure, he made some good saves and didn't always have help, but that 3rd goal was pretty weak...in fact, all three of them were pretty questionable, IMHO. Ah well, maybe the Rangers will snag him. If not, maybe he will be a better backup than being forced to start like last year. I still prefer Bierk.

By the way, that #91 in eggplant/green/white just looks...I dunno...Kinda WRONG! ;)

Great post runner, thanks for the recap.