HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   The Rink (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   how do you mark your stick? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1635977)

motorace 03-30-2014 09:41 PM

how do you mark your stick?

yes, i'm a 33 year old newbie. do you guys write your name on the butt end of the sticks on the tape? how do you "pros" mark sticks, water bottles, anything else? i ask this bc of the make fun of beer league thread....seriously, who cares what color someones laces are though? either way, my first session is tomorrow....any other tips so you guys dont get all chippy?

jnk96 03-30-2014 09:53 PM

I always use coloured grip tape and put one stripe of white tape around the bottom of the grip tape. Then I write my number (before I knew my number just my initials) on that white stripe. I put a coloured stripe of tape around my water bottle too and wrote my number on it. Many guys don't even put anything on it because everyone knows what stick is whose. You might just need it on your bottle if it's a Gatorade one that basically everyone has (might be the wannabe NHL or CHL influence) so you don't get them messed up.

AIREAYE 03-30-2014 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KelownaRocketsFan (Post 82562653)
I always use coloured grip tape and put one stripe of white tape around the bottom of the grip tape. Then I write my number (before I knew my number just my initials) on that white stripe. I put a coloured stripe of tape around my water bottle too and wrote my number on it. Many guys don't even put anything on it because everyone knows what stick is whose. You might just need it on your bottle if it's a Gatorade one that basically everyone has (might be the wannabe NHL or CHL influence) so you don't get them messed up.

Nah it's because they're the best freakin bottle ever. :yo:

Yeah everyone should know which stick is whose.

Lady Justice 03-30-2014 10:27 PM

I'm pretty much the only person on my team who still uses wood sticks, so the marking is kind of taken care of for me already.

JulianHopper* 03-30-2014 11:10 PM

Usually you just recognize your own sticks. I also use the way I tape my butt ends to tell which are my sticks.

Mikey 48 03-30-2014 11:45 PM

I'm normally the only person on my team that candy-canes their stick, so I don't really need to do this.

Sean Garrity 03-31-2014 12:51 AM

I "twirl" wrap the handles of my stick. I'm not sure what to call it lol.

Fanned On It 03-31-2014 06:00 AM

I just like... know what sticks are mine.

jazzykat 03-31-2014 08:09 AM

Put a white piece of stick tape on your stuff and write your name (initials) on it. Best to just use your number if you have one.

Jarick 03-31-2014 11:15 AM

I use grip tape on the knob and put a piece of cloth tape at the bottom to keep it from rolling up, then write my number on that piece. I also mark my kid's initials on the top of the stick (on the plug that covers up the shaft).