HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Hey Tom G. and Larry Quinn, read this! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16366)

sabres1616 10-02-2003 01:14 PM

Hey Tom G. and Larry Quinn, read this!

John Buccigross on espn.com made his predictions on how the teams in the NHL would be this year. Here is his prediction for the Sabres:

Weak on defense and small and/or inexperienced up front. The best part of the team right now is the new owner. Everything appears on track to bring Buffalo back to an intimate, emotional hockey experience that the fans can attach themselves to during the long, cold winter. They have some fun, young players and a hockey god to build on. The first move is to get rid of those awful black uniforms. Bring back the colorful old school Sabre sweaters full-time. This isn't the mid-'90s anymore. -I hope you get a clue that not only the fans hate the current jerseys!! Bring back the good old blue and gold!!
Only the original will do. Not the new "concept jersey".

buffalowing 10-02-2003 01:26 PM

Boy the old Blue and Gold would be good to have back. But I'm just not sure that makes much sense from a marketing aspect. It could end up costing the Sabres tons of money just to change it. which the Sabres could gain back with the selling of Jersey sales. I don't know an exact figure on how much it would cost, But I bet you it's in the Millions.
We could be looking at a Blue and Gold third jersey, which is more logical. I'm just saying I would love to have it back, But I'd rather see the Sabres invest the money that it would take to change it in better product on the ice.

BG43 10-02-2003 01:38 PM

I really don't think this jersey talk is that big of a deal..

Seriously.. who cares!?!

I think all the jerseys are great in their own way.. I like the black and red but I also like the blue and gold.. either way I'm fine with it.. they could wear pink jerseys and I'd still root for them.. it's about how they play.. not how they look

Ghost of Dale Hunter 10-02-2003 02:00 PM

Well now, If JOHN BUCCIGROSS says so we should do it right now! immediately, to hell with the league and contracts, etc,etc,etc..

oh never mind.

eSabre 10-02-2003 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ghost of Dale Hunter
Well now, If JOHN BUCCIGROSS says so we should do it right now! immediately, to hell with the league and contracts, etc,etc,etc..

oh never mind.

Dude, don't diss John Buccigross.

Dave Grohl is to the Foo Fighters what John Buccigross is to NHL2night.

Takeo 10-02-2003 07:35 PM

I only want the traditional colors back if they're updated a bit...maybe navy and bronze? :dunno:

Slangston 10-02-2003 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeo21
I only want the traditional colors back if they're updated a bit...maybe navy and bronze? :dunno:

Same here, a navy blue and a darker gold (Something like the St. L Rams) would be just fine with me.

WhoIsJimBob 10-03-2003 02:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eSabre15
Dude, don't diss John Buccigross.

Dave Grohl is to the Foo Fighters what John Buccigross is to NHL2night.

Especially since he put my e-mail in his column......;)