HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Pens-Sharks Proposal (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=163804)

Super Reverse Homer 08-18-2005 02:22 AM

Pens-Sharks Proposal

Just throwing this out. Hopefully it won't be too out of place!

To San Jose:
Ryan Malone, Milan Kraft

To Pittsburgh:
Brad Stuart

SedinFan* 08-18-2005 02:27 AM

Stuart just signed a long term deal with San Jose. Won't be dealt any time soon.

Super Reverse Homer 08-18-2005 02:28 AM

True. But how about value-wise?

Basically I am just trying prove a point here for a fellow Pens fan on our own board. Value-wise is it a fair deal?

corbanSOG 08-18-2005 02:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tallpenguin
Value-wise is it a fair deal?

not from a sharks perspective. sharks are lacking experienced 2-way defensemen, and have plenty of malone/kraft type youngsters in the system. no reason for them to make this deal. in terms of team needs and player values, i'd say no. but i'm a sharks fan so maybe i'm biased.

SidTheKid32389 08-18-2005 05:02 AM

If CP trades Malone, after the very productive rookie season, and w/all these vets. comin in to help, that wouldnot be very smart(next Jason Schmidt to Giants kinda trade)

tom_servo 08-18-2005 05:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SidTheKid32389
If CP trades Malone, after the very productive rookie season, and w/all these vets. comin in to help, that wouldnot be very smart(next Jason Schmidt to Giants kinda trade)

Brad Stuart is only one month older than Malone.

ukyo 08-18-2005 05:38 AM

Perhaps pretty good in terms of value, but that would be a step in the wrong direction for the Sharks. I'd be more inclined to go after Jackman or Tarnstrom.

Evilo 08-18-2005 05:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukyo
Perhaps pretty good in terms of value, but that would be a step in the wrong direction for the Sharks. I'd be more inclined to go after Jackman or Tarnstrom.

How about Morozov+Tarnstrom for Stuart+pick?

boredmale 08-18-2005 08:05 AM

Quote:

To San Jose:
Ryan Malone, Milan Kraft

To Pittsburgh:
Brad Stuart

Pens fan I assume, judging from that proposal.

McDonald19 08-18-2005 08:35 AM

Not close to a deal from San Jose point of view.

Super Reverse Homer 08-18-2005 08:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ukyo

Oh hell done and done. Tarnstrom or Jackman + Kraft.

Patty Ice 08-18-2005 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Evilo

None of these deals does San Jose even consider. Why would San Jose move Stuart? Why would they move him for that? Not to knock any players (Malone especially) mentioned but you have to add something much sweeter to even consider a Stuart trade.

Henne 08-18-2005 12:46 PM

To San Jose:
Ryan Malone, Milan Kraft
To Pittsburgh:
Brad Stuart

Thats way out of place.

You can't be serious.

Hold the Pickles 08-18-2005 01:09 PM

I have a feeling stuart is gonna shine in the new NHL and I believe MGMT may too. I doubt any deal happens involving stuart without considerable overpayment. Plus if you think about it, SJ wanted to add Neids, so I doubt they'd be willing to take any step backwards in the D. Department--Unless of course its a small step for a large step forward in the O dept.

Darth Milbury 08-18-2005 01:12 PM

Quote:

True. But how about value-wise?

Basically I am just trying prove a point here for a fellow Pens fan on our own board. Value-wise is it a fair deal?

no. stuart is still viewed as one of the best young dmen in the league. Kraft and Malone are not at that level.

The Tang 08-18-2005 07:11 PM

I cant picture SJ givig up Stewart w/o getting a good d-man in return.

KzooShark 08-18-2005 07:55 PM

The Sharks need a defensemen, not to trade one of the three experienced D-men that they have.

Big McLargehuge 08-18-2005 09:08 PM

No matter how good the return is on the Penguins behalf, I think it would be considered blasphemy by most fans to trade our native son.

ukyo 08-18-2005 10:11 PM

Quote:

I meant the Sharks would rather have Tarnstrom or Jackman rather than Malone and/or Kraft, because they are thin on D. To me that implies without giving up one of our existing defensemen, especially Stuart, but I guess all the Sharks fans have already echoed that sentiment. My fault, I should have been more clear. No idea what the Sharks would be able to give the Pens though.

Arastiroth 08-18-2005 10:33 PM

There is nothing the Pens could offer SJ to entice them to trade Stuart. Malkin is the closest person to approaching a fair deal as far as value goes, but that still makes little sense to SJ (a contender), and I doubt Pitts wants to trade him anyhow as I'm sure they like the idea of possibly having Crosby and Malkin as a center tandum.