HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   arkhipov officially gone (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=163827)

Pred303 08-18-2005 06:34 AM

arkhipov officially gone
 
today's tennessean confirms what we all figured...arkhipov will stay in russia,poile is "loaning his contract" meaning we now have about a million dollar wriggle room under the 28.6 million dollar mid point that is so importnant to the organization

i fully expect poile to now use this extra room + either a draft choice or prospect to trade for that other centerman...sullivan's comments in his press conference yesterday kind of demonstrated he wasn't sure about playing centerman,and poile's comments later about "putting sully and kariya on seperate lines" showed to me that this really wasn't an option(sully centering a line) they wanted to do

poile has played arkhipov here in the press these last few days to get this very thing done in my mind(to get him to commit to staying in russia and freeing up the salary)

now expect something in the next 30 odd days before camp begins

another fun thing about this deal and the new cba too...if arkhipov plays well this year in russia,well the preds still hold his rights for next year and might be able to actually get something for the guy

handtrick 08-18-2005 06:46 AM

Pardon me while I wipe the tear from my eye........

Pred303 08-18-2005 06:48 AM

you still keeping that arkhipov 3rd jersey handtricker?

and if i haven't said it already...God Bless the new CBA

LongTooth 08-18-2005 06:51 AM

He is way soft. True story: I saw Arkhipov in the Green Hills Mall one time. He was buying a kitten calendar from a mall kiosk. Hehehehe...A kitten calendar! No hockey player should be buying a kitten calendar!

Pred303 08-18-2005 06:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongTooth
He is way soft. True story: I saw Arkhipov in the Green Hills Mall one time. He was buying a kitten calendar from a mall kiosk. Hehehehe...A kitten calendar! No hockey player should be buying a kitten calendar!

i hate him even more then

handtrick 08-18-2005 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
i hate him even more then


Pred303.....better make a note to self....burn all kitten calendars when you get home tonight....[the four legged variety, that is]......

Original6 08-18-2005 07:38 AM

Wasn't he a drug addict or something? Arkhipuff...

triggrman 08-18-2005 07:53 AM

Maybe he was using the calendars for practice for his true love........Cat Juggling....

braindead 08-18-2005 09:46 AM

Not to get back on topic but I think Poile very intentionally drove Arky this direction with recent comments. He can use that salary and one more trade to get a decent center, probably one that he already has targeted (Trotz's "one or two more deals out there"). To tie this back to another thread, I think Erat is the most likely trade bait (unfortunately) with perhaps Upshall or Klien next. I wouldn't think anything less would net us a potential #2 center.

quartermaster29 08-18-2005 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by braindead
Not to get back on topic but I think Poile very intentionally drove Arky this direction with recent comments. He can use that salary and one more trade to get a decent center, probably one that he already has targeted (Trotz's "one or two more deals out there"). To tie this back to another thread, I think Erat is the most likely trade bait (unfortunately) with perhaps Upshall or Klien next. I wouldn't think anything less would net us a potential #2 center.

Who does Erat get us? And could they throw in Arkhi's rights as extra fodder?

Pred303 posted this on the 'other' board; teams with potential cap problems (figures are current levels, each team has more than a few players left to sign):

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
boston...35+
nj....35+
phil...38+
tampa bay..31+ for 18 signed, still have to sign st louis(4 mill?)
toronto..38+ with 21 signed
anaheim...35+ with 19 signed
calgary...35+
colorado...38+
dallas...35+

I suggested trade a pick to NJ for Gomez. Not that it's the answer or even worth it. But where do we send Erat?

barrytrotzsneck 08-18-2005 10:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quartermaster29
Who does Erat get us? And could they throw in Arkhi's rights as extra fodder?

Pred303 posted this on the 'other' board; teams with potential cap problems (figures are current levels, each team has more than a few players left to sign):



I suggested trade a pick to NJ for Gomez. Not that it's the answer or even worth it. But where do we send Erat?


whoa whoa...what do you mean "worth it?" and what makes you think gomez could be had for a pick...or anything, for that matter? do you not realize how good gomez is?

Dave is a killer 08-18-2005 11:37 AM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=133860

quartermaster29 08-18-2005 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
whoa whoa...what do you mean "worth it?"

I think I meant worth it in the sense of would he be available.

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
and what makes you think gomez could be had for a pick...or anything, for that matter?

I was only suggesting it because it came to my attention that NJ was in "cap trouble".

Quote:

Originally Posted by nomorekids
do you not realize how good gomez is?

No. I really wanted another Arkhipov and thought that he might fit that bill. I'm not even sure who he is... I went to the NJ website and searched out centers and saw a "Scott Gomez" and it reminded me of a guy I know who plays roller hockey in LaVergne and how his first name is 'American' and his last name is Hispanic. Is he any good? :sarcasm:

I have an idea of how good he is. Why would I suggest him otherwise?

Please relax, NMK. I am just talking. I'm not suggesting I have inside sources or an encyclopedic knowlegde of the game and it's players. Just having open dialogue.

quartermaster29 08-18-2005 01:03 PM

So... what about Forsberg for a 4th round pick? :biglaugh:

handtrick 08-18-2005 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quartermaster29
Please relax, NMK. I am just talking. I'm not suggesting I have inside sources or an encyclopedic knowlegde of the game and it's players. Just having open dialogue.

aaah, qm.....don't mind NMK...he is just apparently having thong issues again today....

Mikka The Grey 08-18-2005 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHockey
Wasn't he a drug addict or something? Arkhipuff...

Be careful w/ the accusations........he was arrested for DUI though.

Ronnie Bass 08-19-2005 09:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongTooth
He is way soft. True story: I saw Arkhipov in the Green Hills Mall one time. He was buying a kitten calendar from a mall kiosk. Hehehehe...A kitten calendar! No hockey player should be buying a kitten calendar!

It's like crying in baseball.

Original6 08-20-2005 10:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lou is God
It's like crying in baseball.

Something that the yankees are experts in.

jstreet 08-20-2005 01:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongTooth
He is way soft. True story: I saw Arkhipov in the Green Hills Mall one time. He was buying a kitten calendar from a mall kiosk. Hehehehe...A kitten calendar! No hockey player should be buying a kitten calendar!


he may have been buying it for his hot wife., if my memory serves me correctly from the Christmas toy drive. :)

Pattypred 08-21-2005 06:54 AM

That wasn't his "hot wife" - he didn't (doesn't) have one .... Dasha was his girlfriend.

LongTooth 08-22-2005 07:02 AM

I think what is really being missed here is Trigg's assessment - "cat juggler"! Hehehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

triggrman 08-22-2005 08:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LongTooth
I think what is really being missed here is Trigg's assessment - "cat juggler"! Hehehehehehehe!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey, you can do it too.

http://www.diamond-jim.com/catjuggler/

nine_inch_fang 08-22-2005 09:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman


catinafan is a classic video clip. It's the link to the right of the page in red. :biglaugh:

Team_Spirit 08-24-2005 04:14 AM

wow you guys are funny :)

as for arkhipov maybe this will open up a spot for my boy Shishkanov , saw him play live a lot in the Q and he's great .


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:18 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.