HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Washington Capitals (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Nylander/Broken Leg (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16428)

txpd 10-02-2003 05:12 PM

Nylander/Broken Leg

Nolan Yonkman rather than get injuried himself and turned the tables on a teammate in practice today and broke Michael Nylander's leg. Nylander will be out 4-6 weeks. The new first line for the Capitals looks like this...Grier-Miller-Jagr.
wow. I think in the end Zubrus goes to center on the first line and Semin takes his place on the second line.

CapsCrazy46 10-02-2003 05:31 PM

Just saw this too, on washingtonpost.com

How bout Semin stay on the top line, move Zubrus to center it. Gives us Semin-Zubrus-Jagr

Give Suts the playing time on the 2nd line wing? Gives us Grier-Lang-Sutherby?

Or, better yet, move Bondra back to the second line. Gives us Sutherby-Lang-Bondra?

Then the All-American line is back.

Who knows, Cassidy will find a way to mess it up.

Biscuit Bullet 10-02-2003 05:34 PM

how did he break Nylander's leg? Honestly it's gonna hurt but Zubrus can fill in at center, and the way he's been playing lately I'd love to see him with Jagr.

Semin-Zubrus-Jagr
Bondra-Lang-Grier
Konowalchuk-Halpern-Sutherby
Pettinger-Gordon-Peat

I_r_1337 10-02-2003 05:43 PM

Yonkman put him into the boards. Supposedly it wasn't a extremely hard hit but Nylander was angry about it and the article says he threw his helmet at the glass going off the ice.

txpd 10-02-2003 06:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_r_1337
Yonkman put him into the boards. Supposedly it wasn't a extremely hard hit but Nylander was angry about it and the article says he threw his helmet at the glass going off the ice.

from what i read it was not the contact but the way yonkman wrenched his leg. it was a twist break. he thru his helmet because he heard his leg break and new he was not playing for a while.

I don't see any indication that Sutherby is going to move to a top line.
There is no way that grier and sutherby would be on a line with jagr.
Semin has not been working on the Jagr line in practice. That was Grier Nylander and Jagr. The second line was Semin Lang Zubrus.
I don't think that Cassidy is going to ditch his 3 lines with a gun plan either. Bondra will stay with Kono and Halpern. I think it makes sense to move Zubrus, but I am afraid that they will stick with Miller.

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar 10-02-2003 06:42 PM

yeah Miller is pretty much a lock now on the top line, I'll go ahead and predict the lines as:

Miller-Zubrus-Jagr
Semin-Lang-Grier
Konowalchuk-Halpern-Bondra
Pettinger-Sutherby-Peat

I dont think Cassidy will put Semin and Zubrus with Jagr because Jagr would be upset at never getting any passes back.

txpd 10-02-2003 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Number67
yeah Miller is pretty much a lock now on the top line, I'll go ahead and predict the lines as:

Miller-Zubrus-Jagr
Semin-Lang-Grier
Pettinger-Sutherby-Peat

I dont think Cassidy will put Semin and Zubrus with Jagr because Jagr would be upset at never getting any passes back.

I think if Gordon is staying that he will be playing...Nylander goes to IR
and so he caps only need to cut down the defensemen

AllIsFehrNLoveAndWar 10-02-2003 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by txpd
I think if Gordon is staying that he will be playing...Nylander goes to IR
and so he caps only need to cut down the defensemen

True. Maybe they will switchin pettinger, gordon, and peat depending on who they are playing, until they figure out who they wanna keep in the lineup.

I_r_1337 10-02-2003 07:35 PM

My prediciton

Grier-Miller-Jagr
Semin-Lang-Zubrus
Pettinger-Sutherby-Gordon

strungout 10-02-2003 07:41 PM

If it were my team:

Semin - Lang - Jagr
Grier - Halpern - Zubrus
Kono - Sutherby - Bondra
Pettinger - Gordon - Peat/Henry

But what it will end up being:

Grier - Miller - Jagr
Semin - Lang - Zubrus
Kono - Halpern - Bondra
Pettinger - Sutherby - Peat/Henry

txpd 10-03-2003 04:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by I_r_1337
My prediciton

Grier-Miller-Jagr
Semin-Lang-Zubrus
Pettinger-Sutherby-Gordon

This is what it will start out to be. I am sure of it.
1. Jagr is very outspoken about playing with Miller. Miller's first priority is to pass the puck to Jagr. Watch and see how rarely Miller passes to anyone else on the ice. I also think that this line will be a failure.
2. this line is perfect. This line will be the force and I don't know what that says about late game situations and Jagr's ice time.
3. This will work both offensively and defensively. Halpern has his full measure of jump back from his knee surgery and Bondra has been sharp from the start. This line will last til they break up the first line.
Question...why does Jagr dislike playing with Bondra?
4. This is the 4th line for as long as Semin making the 2nd line work.
Gordon will get nights off when Cassidy feels like Peat needs to be out there or Pettinger will get the night off if Cassidy feels like Peat needs to be out there and Jagr is going to take a lot double shifting.

txpd 10-03-2003 04:23 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jincargo
If it were my team:

Semin - Lang - Jagr
Grier - Halpern - Zubrus
Kono - Sutherby - Bondra
Pettinger - Gordon - Peat/Henry

But what it will end up being:

Grier - Miller - Jagr
Semin - Lang - Zubrus
Kono - Halpern - Bondra
Pettinger - Sutherby - Peat/Henry

I am curious. Halpern and Konowalchuk always play better together than seperated. Why would you do that? Its possible that Kono-Halpern-Bondra could be the Caps best producing 5 on 5 line when you think about it. If Halpern can return to a 20g pace, there will be many more points for those guys with Bondra closing the deal. Also defense against the Halpern-Kono corner cycle will not be as tight with Bondra sitting in he slot. Defenses will try and contain them in the corner rather than try and take the puck away, because letting either of them skate out of the corner with bondra there is suicide.

Millhaus 10-03-2003 04:27 AM

I think they really want to keep Zubrus and Semin together because of the language thing, so in these hypothetical line combinations I think those that keep them together are more likely to be actual possibilities.

I'm sure they'll just slot Miller into Nylander's spot between Jagr and Grier and leave everyone else alone. Regardless of who plays with who, I'd much rather see Zubrus at center than on the wing though.

CNote 10-03-2003 05:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonzai
how did he break Nylander's leg? Honestly it's gonna hurt but Zubrus can fill in at center, and the way he's been playing lately I'd love to see him with Jagr.

Semin-Zubrus-Jagr
Bondra-Lang-Grier
Konowalchuk-Halpern-Sutherby
Pettinger-Gordon-Peat

kip miller??