HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Flyers Mini Camp (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=164282)

Bennevol10 08-19-2005 12:34 PM

Flyers Mini Camp
 
Any update on the Mini Camp! How are the Prospects looking :dunno: ?

Steve L* 08-19-2005 12:40 PM

take a look here http://www.flyersphans.com/forums/sh...ad.php?t=44757

Flyers26 08-19-2005 12:43 PM

I know today theywere to have a veterans vs. prospects scrimmage at 8:00am.

RJ8812* 08-19-2005 12:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
I know today theywere to have a veterans vs. prospects scrimmage at 8:00am.


8:00am? wow, i didnt even know there was an 8am during the summer

Flyers26 08-19-2005 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve L

nice review.
I think the prospects take the ice again tommorrow afternoon, around 2:30pm

BrimFullofAsham45 08-19-2005 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flyers26
nice review.
I think the prospects take the ice again tommorrow afternoon, around 2:30pm

Is this all happening in Voorhees?

swflyers8* 08-19-2005 03:33 PM

Several of the Flyers and Phantoms veterans were mixed with the kids into orange and black squads for a friendly, yet intense contest. Among those players expected to be with the Flyers who are already in town include Chris Therien, Joni Pitkanen, Mike Richards, Jeff Carter, Sami Kapanen, Donald Brashear, Antero Niittymaki, Eric Desjardins and Turner Stevenson.



Flyers

Brad* 08-19-2005 03:34 PM

It's good to hear that Pitkanen looks good. Rahtje - Pitkanen could be a very good pair.

Roger's Pancreas* 08-19-2005 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve L

I'm getting chills reading these things about Pitkanen, especially the 20 minutes a game part.

Steve L* 08-19-2005 05:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Panasonic Youth
I'm getting chills reading these things about Pitkanen, especially the 20 minutes a game part.

Especially as he has got a mean streak now. I was concerned about his ability to take all the punishment but all he needs to do is protect his head and not get any more damn concussions and we could have a star on our hands.

Flyers26 08-19-2005 10:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Måltid
Is this all happening in Voorhees?


Yes, that is where their practice facility is.

donelikedinner 08-20-2005 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve L
Especially as he has got a mean streak now. I was concerned about his ability to take all the punishment but all he needs to do is protect his head and not get any more damn concussions and we could have a star on our hands.

if he keeps his elbows "up" when he gets hit high on the boards, people will think twice about it, and that will allow the time to make a great outlet pass. Pitkanen will be HUGE if he really gets a nasty streak in him, like a smaller scott stevens, with better wheels.

Steve L* 08-20-2005 04:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donelikedinner
if he keeps his elbows "up" when he gets hit high on the boards, people will think twice about it, and that will allow the time to make a great outlet pass. Pitkanen will be HUGE if he really gets a nasty streak in him, like a smaller scott stevens, with better wheels.

I agree, get the elbows up every time Tucker wants to cheap shot him and then he will be ok. Brashear also has to do his job and pummel people who target him.

RJ8812* 08-20-2005 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve L
I agree, get the elbows up every time Tucker wants to cheap shot him and then he will be ok. Brashear also has to do his job and pummel people who target him.


just says it "...ever time tucker comes at him 3 feet in the air with his elbows up..."

Clancy 08-21-2005 01:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by donelikedinner
if he keeps his elbows "up" when he gets hit high on the boards, people will think twice about it, and that will allow the time to make a great outlet pass. Pitkanen will be HUGE if he really gets a nasty streak in him, like a smaller scott stevens, with better wheels.

Pitkanen's game couldn't be farther from Stevens', who was pretty much just a stay at home defenseman with little offensive production..who just happened to throw some crunching hits and duke it out. Pitkanen will end up being more like Lidstrom, and it'd be great if he could throw some more hits and use his size to his advantage(he's actually an inch taller than Stevens, who is 6'2)

mercury 08-21-2005 02:31 PM

I see Pitkanen topping out as something like what Malakhov should have been. Huge, great skater, excellent outlet passes, big shot from the point, physical and mean when he needs to be. If he continues to develop at his current pace and becomes more consistent, he is going to be amazing.

Steve L* 08-21-2005 05:39 PM

Id be happy with Lidstrom with a mean streak. :yo:

paxtang 08-21-2005 05:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BClanc159
Pitkanen's game couldn't be farther from Stevens', who was pretty much just a stay at home defenseman with little offensive production..who just happened to throw some crunching hits and duke it out. Pitkanen will end up being more like Lidstrom, and it'd be great if he could throw some more hits and use his size to his advantage(he's actually an inch taller than Stevens, who is 6'2)

Pitkanen is nothing like Stevens.

But Stevens, when he was young, was a good offensive player. He had over 60 points I think 5 times.

Bennevol10 08-22-2005 07:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve L
Id be happy with Lidstrom with a mean streak. :yo:

If become Lidstrom or even close to Lidstrom... I will be extremly Happy :handclap: .

Bennevol10 08-29-2005 03:31 PM

Any surprises in the Mini camp! Any prospect stand out or had a great mini camp! Any info!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:44 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.