HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Game Thread : Exhibition , Habs Vs Wild (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16434)

Maithz 10-02-2003 05:30 PM

Game Thread : Exhibition , Habs Vs Wild

According to Rds the lineup will be :

Marcel Hossa -- Mike Ribeiro -- Donald Audette
Jan Bulis -- Yanic Perreault -- Michael Ryder
Niklas Sundstrom -- Jo Juneau -- Andreas Dackell
Grdie Dwyer -- Chris Higgins -- Jason Ward

I hope Higgins and Ryder will have more icetime .

I predict 2-1 Habs

caper13 10-02-2003 06:19 PM

why do they keep putting ward and higgens on the forth line they will never show their talent with no ice time :dunno:

Team_Spirit 10-02-2003 11:47 PM

Without Carpatier , Traverse and Dhykuis it should be fine :)

That game Vs the Leafs was a real pain to watch .

I feel bad for Plekanec , he was very good so far ... he outplayed both Higgins and Juneau .

Breenger 10-03-2003 02:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caper13
why do they keep putting ward and higgens on the forth line they will never show their talent with no ice time :dunno:

Because that is the line they are auditioning for, CJ is just trying to see if they would have any chemistry with Dwyer, if so, this is where you will see them opening day. I think he's already decided that if they are to make the team, this is the line that they will be on.

fatmax 10-03-2003 04:15 AM

I'll say habs 3 wild 1, last goal in an open net!

But it sucks that Higgins is, again, playing with Gordie Dwyer, I like the way he plays but damn, can he put it in the net when he have the chance!! maybe I'm asking too much from him, but I'm sure that if Higgins have another winger, this line will be better!

As for the people who think that Higgins playing on the 4th line will bring him fourth line ice time, my opinion is: this is preseason and everybody gets the same ice time (except players who play on PP and PK)!

Habber 10-03-2003 04:46 AM

Higgins and Plekanec are battling for the 4th line spot, so why not play them at that spot? I imagine Higgs will play tonight and Pleks tomorrow and one of them will stay up and take the 4th line centre spot until Kilger or Saku comes back.

One thing that is stupid is Dackell on the third line. Ward should definately be ahead of him on the depth chart and is ideally suited for a third liner, penalty killer.

Munchausen 10-03-2003 05:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plekanec
Because Gainey still has'nt been able to trade Perreault and Julien do know that if he gives solid wingers to Higgins with second line ice time, he will produce and be more effective than Perreault... Then, fans wont be to patient with Perreault and they will ask for Higgins on the top lines!

Right... It's a conspiracy to make sure Higgins does not look better than Perreault. :rolleyes:

Sorry Plekanec but this has to be the most ridiculous explanation I've heard so far. I don't know if I should laugh or cry...

NWT Habs Fan 10-03-2003 05:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
Higgins and Plekanec are battling for the 4th line spot, so why not play them at that spot? I imagine Higgs will play tonight and Pleks tomorrow and one of them will stay up and take the 4th line centre spot until Kilger or Saku comes back.

One thing that is stupid is Dackell on the third line. Ward should definately be ahead of him on the depth chart and is ideally suited for a third liner, penalty killer.

Strictly based on past performance and suitability, I would see why CJ would match Joey and Dackell. They have played for a while together over the past few years. Based on the potential upside that Ward showed last year, moving him to the third line makes sense. The problem is that I really haven't heard much about either so far in camp or in the pre-season. So CJ may still be playing a bit in pre-season to find where the chemistry exists amongst the remaining healthy players.

As for Pleks, he has been receiving good reports so far and would be a reasonable addition against a very defensive team like Minny...always good to have a shifty playmaker and skater when you are trying to beat the trap. Oh well, I guess he will see the Sens tomorrow.

Habber 10-03-2003 06:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NWT Habs Fan
Strictly based on past performance and suitability, I would see why CJ would match Joey and Dackell. They have played for a while together over the past few years. Based on the potential upside that Ward showed last year, moving him to the third line makes sense. The problem is that I really haven't heard much about either so far in camp or in the pre-season. So CJ may still be playing a bit in pre-season to find where the chemistry exists amongst the remaining healthy players.

Even more of a reason to play Ward on the 3rd line. We all know what Dackell can do on the third playing with Juneau (which is not a lot IMO) so why not let Ward show what he can do? Unless it's a similar situation to Higgs/Pleks where CJ is maybe auditioning one tonight and one tomorrow for the spot. I would be very dissappointed if Ward started the season on the 4th line when Dackell is on the third.

Ryder is being given a golden opportunity tonight and hopefully he has a strong game.

I wish RDS would post the D and tender as well.

boilerrm 10-03-2003 06:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HABS-65
According to Rds the lineup will be :

Marcel Hossa -- Mike Ribeiro -- Donald Audette
Jan Bulis -- Yanic Perreault -- Michael Ryder
Niklas Sundstrom -- Jo Juneau -- Andreas Dackell
Grdie Dwyer -- Chris Higgins -- Jason Ward

I hope Higgins and Ryder will have more icetime .

I predict 2-1 Habs

i see they have audette on the 1st line again,can someone explain to me why.he's played in most if not all the ex games on the 1st line,,pp unit and still to me does nothing while higgins and ward play on the 4th line

NWT Habs Fan 10-03-2003 06:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Habber
Even more of a reason to play Ward on the 3rd line. We all know what Dackell can do on the third playing with Juneau (which is not a lot IMO) so why not let Ward show what he can do? Unless it's a similar situation to Higgs/Pleks where CJ is maybe auditioning one tonight and one tomorrow for the spot. I would be very dissappointed if Ward started the season on the 4th line when Dackell is on the third.

Ryder is being given a golden opportunity tonight and hopefully he has a strong game.

I wish RDS would post the D and tender as well.

Valid points, the only good thing is that Higgs gets a much better linemate in Ward than those he has been seeing so far this pre-season. I hope CJ sticks with rolling all four lines to give those guys decent ice time (and not just since I will be at the game tonight!!).

Munchausen 10-03-2003 06:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by boilerrm
i see they have audette on the 1st line again,can someone explain to me why.he's played in most if not all the ex games on the 1st line,,pp unit and still to me does nothing while higgins and ward play on the 4th line

Because they probably want to see what he can do with Ribeiro. They're probably not thrilled with the idea of putting him on the 1st line with Koivu where Zednik would do a much better job and Audette simply cannot play in a checking role so if they consider giving a chance to Ribeiro on the 2nd line, it's logic to play Audette with him there to see if there's some chemistry. We're in the last tweakings here...

Bruinster* 10-03-2003 10:24 AM

I will be at the Bell center tonite, i anticipate a snooze fest, someone give a pair of free ticket in the 124 section . i hope a couple of fight or good hit, but its very improbable !!!

StanleyCH25 10-03-2003 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by caper13

Because that's the line that requires a lot of work, grit and also shows you how to learn defense.

We already know that Higgins is an offensive weapon and this can help refine some of his defensive abilities before throwing him up on a scoring line.

Munchausen 10-03-2003 03:02 PM

I'm listening to the game online and it seems there's been a slight modification in the lineup originally anounced. Might want to update it in the 1st post HABS-65 for future references.

Hossa - Ribeiro - Audette
Bulis - Perreault - Ryder
Sundstrom - Higgins - Dackell
Dwyer - Plekanec - Ward

Markov - Rivet
Souray - Quintal
Bouillon - Brisebois

Garon

Blunt182 10-03-2003 03:17 PM

Sounds like a real sleeper....7 shots aside...no penalties...and surprise surprise...no goals!

ceber 10-03-2003 03:18 PM

Is there television coverage of the game up there? (over there, I guess ;))

Munchausen 10-03-2003 03:28 PM

Mini 1-0.

goal on the PP (Zolthok from Bouchard and Marshall)

Cayouche5 10-03-2003 03:35 PM

2-0
guess what Daigle scores

Munchausen 10-03-2003 03:35 PM

Mini scores

2-0

On an other PP

Daigle has it from Veilleux and Zolthok.

AK-47 10-03-2003 03:35 PM

Make it 2-0...

Daigle scores on the powerplay.

This team can't do anything right...this pre-season.

Vicious 10-03-2003 03:36 PM

I know it's offseason and all that.. but I am really starting to get worried now.

Munchausen 10-03-2003 03:38 PM

Gigantic hit from Ryder on ?

Habs on the PP.

AK-47 10-03-2003 03:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicious
I know it's offseason and all that.. but I am really starting to get worried now.

Considering they can't score and seem to alloy the odd goal, it's isn't looking very good. Just look at the schedule we have to start the year, we could be out right from the get go.

AK-47 10-03-2003 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike Komisarek
Will you people shutup already!

"Oh my god im really worried guys! we can't score in pre-season!!, what are we gonna do!!"

blah blah blah, why don't you cry about it, or WAIT til the REAL season begins. kthx

The season starts next week and the team can't buy a goal. So, in my mind, there is a problem here.