HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Proposal: Luke Schenn (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1646037)

Jtown 04-13-2014 12:01 PM

Luke Schenn
 
What do you think we can get for him? At this point, I think the most we could get for him is a 2nd.

If that is the case do it, because with the luke and mez trades that will recoup the picks lost in the Macdonald trade. Then we can use Schenn's cap hit and apply that to Macdonald's new contract to get him signed.

dats81 04-13-2014 12:21 PM

Unless someone overpays or they get in trouble staying under the salary cap this does not really make much sense.

Homer would want to go after a similar big bruising defenseman to replace him so it may end up a lateral move in the best case or even make the team worse. Maybe, just maybe Luke is a late bloomer and gets his stuff together until his contract is off...

I'm sure Homer is taking calls on Luke but a second rounder is kind of Meh return and won't attract him enough to give up on him and tear apart the Schenn brothers.

GKJ 04-13-2014 12:22 PM

There's always the Oilers...

litflyersfan 04-13-2014 12:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtown (Post 83307477)
What do you think we can get for him? At this point, I think the most we could get for him is a 2nd.

If that is the case do it, because with the luke and mez trades that will recoup the picks lost in the Macdonald trade. Then we can use Schenn's cap hit and apply that to Macdonald's new contract to get him signed.

This is the first chance anyone has at seeing what Luke can do in the playoffs. Let's see what he can do, the increased physical play might play into Luke's biggest strength.

If MacDonald's new contract becomes an issue, you dump Grossmann for anything before trading Schenn.

Curufinwe 04-13-2014 12:46 PM

Not Leino?

Sniped 04-13-2014 01:05 PM

A second rounder would be fine, I guess. I want to see how he plays in the playoffs before anything.

I personally don't like him or Grossmann on this team, but I'd rather have L Schenn than Grossmann.

tymed 04-13-2014 01:07 PM

We need his physicality, end of story.

LI Fly Guy 04-13-2014 01:13 PM

Am I the only one who feels he's severely underrated? I mean he's not spectacular by any means but the way some people **** all over the guy is astounding. He's been pretty damn good. Makes some boneheaded plays but who doesn't? It almost seems like making fun of him is as predicable as making fun of flyers goaltending and the bully thing. Just lazy tired rhetoric. Watch the games. He's not bad at all. All you crying about JvR, we have 7 20 goal scorers....

FLYguy3911 04-13-2014 01:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LI Fly Guy (Post 83311379)
Am I the only one who feels he's severely underrated? I mean he's not spectacular by any means but the way some people **** all over the guy is astounding. He's been pretty damn good. Makes some boneheaded plays but who doesn't? It almost seems like making fun of him is as predicable as making fun of flyers goaltending and the bully thing. Just lazy tired rhetoric. Watch the games. He's not bad at all. All you crying about JvR, we have 7 20 goal scorers....

And no 30 goal scorers....

LI Fly Guy 04-13-2014 01:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 (Post 83311861)
And no 30 goal scorers....

How'd having 2 work out for the leafs?

FLYguy3911 04-13-2014 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LI Fly Guy (Post 83312193)
How'd having 2 work out for the leafs?

Yeah because the Leafs had nothing else go wrong.

The Dream 04-13-2014 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 (Post 83311861)
And no 30 goal scorers....

There is a good chance he never reaches that level while playing with us. He needed those top minutes.

The Dream 04-13-2014 01:44 PM

Trade Grossmann before L.Schenn.

LI Fly Guy 04-13-2014 01:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 (Post 83312877)
Yeah because the Leafs had nothing else go wrong.

They had plenty. Just a rebuttal to you pointing out how flyers have no 30 goal scorers. Has nothing to do with Luke Schenn. I was pointing out how having 7 20 goal scorers is proof JVR isn't a need for this team.

FLYguy3911 04-13-2014 01:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tpinheiro4 (Post 83313117)
There is a good chance he never reaches that level while playing with us. He needed those top minutes.

Haven't people been *****ing about not having a LW to play with Giroux? Hard not to see him scoring 30 playing with him.

LI Fly Guy 04-13-2014 01:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 (Post 83313359)
Haven't people been *****ing about not having a LW to play with Giroux? Hard not to see him scoring 30 playing with him.

Not I. Hartnell has been great as has that entire line.

FLYguy3911 04-13-2014 01:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LI Fly Guy (Post 83313735)
Not I. Hartnell has been great as has that entire line.

Ok. It's solved. We have no need for JVR. Moving on...

LI Fly Guy 04-13-2014 02:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 (Post 83314069)
Ok. It's solved. We have no need for JVR. Moving on...

Hahaha. I just look at it as taking Schenn off the D and adding JvR to the O. I think that makes us a worse team. That's all. He's a good player. Point I was making is Schenn isn't as bad as everyone makes him out to be. Do I wish he was better? Yes. Do I think he's a finished product at the age of 24? No I do not.

Jtown 04-13-2014 02:14 PM

Ok seriously This is not a JVR thread. I didn't start this thread to discuss him. This discussion is only about Schenn and his current trade value.

LI Fly Guy 04-13-2014 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jtown (Post 83315291)
Ok seriously This is not a JVR thread. I didn't start this thread to discuss him. This discussion is only about Schenn and his current trade value.

And how much you hate him.

Doors 04-13-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 (Post 83311861)
And no 30 goal scorers....

I prefer seven 20 goal scorers before two 30 goal scorers every day of the week.

FLYguy3911 04-13-2014 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doors (Post 83317981)
I prefer seven 20 goal scorers before two 30 goal scorers every day of the week.

That's dumb. What if you had 2 30 goal scorers and 4 20 goal scorers? You wouldn't take that I'm guessing.

FLYguy3911 04-13-2014 03:01 PM

The only thing Schenn has that we lack is that he is right handed. He's not a shutdown guy. He's not a two way guy. He's not a puck mover. He hits and blocks shots. I've said this a million times. Grossmann and Schenn are redundant. If I have to keep one it would be Schenn, but Schenn has more trade value (hopefully).

LI Fly Guy 04-13-2014 03:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYguy3911 (Post 83318665)
The only thing Schenn has that we lack is that he is right handed. He's not a shutdown guy. He's not a two way guy. He's not a puck mover. He hits and blocks shots. I've said this a million times. Grossmann and Schenn are redundant. If I have to keep one it would be Schenn, but Schenn has more trade value (hopefully).

I agree with pretty much all of that. However Grossmann is what he is at this point. Still think Schenn can improve. Hopefully he will.

Philadelphia Ducks 04-13-2014 03:30 PM

I see no point in selling low on Schenn, I'd keep him around and help him develop more. He's still only 24 which is damn young for a defenseman. If we move any defenseman it should be Grossmann.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:35 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.