HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: Sabres announce coaching changes (Sacco, Forton, Numminen, Corsi) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1648529)

vcv 04-16-2014 01:09 PM

Sabres announce coaching changes (Sacco, Forton, Numminen, Corsi)
 
Quote:

BUFFALO, N.Y. (April 16, 2014) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced several changes to the team’s coaching staff, effective immediately: Assistant coaches Joe Sacco and Jerry Forton have been offered reassignment within the organization’s hockey department; the contract of assistant coach Teppo Numminen will not be renewed; goaltending coach Jim Corsi will not return as part of the team’s staff next season.
http://sabresdigitalpressbox.com/201...ching-changes/

TakeThatTootoo 04-16-2014 01:11 PM

All the news.

1point21Gigawatts 04-16-2014 01:13 PM

Corsi is gone but they reassign Sacco?? What the wha???

Whatever. A fresh coaching staff can only help, right? Riiight????

TakeThatTootoo 04-16-2014 01:14 PM

More interested on who's coming in.

Top Pair Imposter 04-16-2014 01:16 PM

"Reassignment?"


Boo on Corsi.

OkimLom 04-16-2014 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 1point21Gigawatts (Post 83485235)
Corsi is gone but they reassign Sacco?? What the wha???

Whatever. A fresh coaching staff can only help, right? Riiight????

Maybe Sacco coaches our new ECHL affiliate :sarcasm:...Though I think he was offered Rochester's job.

La Cosa Nostra 04-16-2014 01:16 PM

Good.None of them should be here.Corsi in particular,he was here longer then Lindy and Darcy were.

Nibbler 04-16-2014 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layne Staley (Post 83485435)
Good.None of them should be here.Corsi in particular,he was here longer then Lindy and Darcy were.

Right, but our goaltenders were pretty good with him around...

Sabresfansince1980 04-16-2014 01:21 PM

Can we assume that Nolan has the most influence over the new hiring decisions, or would Murray also have some say?

These choices will reflect Nolan's value and perhaps how long he stays on as HC. Big decisions afaic.

SundherDome 04-16-2014 01:24 PM

So they basically ditched the whole coaching staff as expected. Curious at who comes in. Corsi is a tough one to lose. I would like to see Cannes worth get a stab at an assistant spot and then let Sacco take Cunnyworth old job.

Sabre the Win 04-16-2014 01:25 PM

Sacco is still around.... the Ron Rolston regime still LIVES... oh... my.... god

1point21Gigawatts 04-16-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabresfansince1980 (Post 83485703)
Can we assume that Nolan has the most influence over the new hiring decisions, or would Murray also have some say?

These choices will reflect Nolan's value and perhaps how long he stays on as HC. Big decisions afaic.

My guess is Nolan gets to bring his ideal candidates to the table and Murray can nix the ones he feel aren't a good fit, but i don't see that being an issue. Nolan should have first pick when it comes to his coaching staff.

Trainers and such...that's a different matter.

Sabre the Win 04-16-2014 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layne Staley (Post 83485435)
Good.None of them should be here.Corsi in particular,he was here longer then Lindy and Darcy were.

and look what he did for Sabres goaltending. Why the hate man?

Tapu Coco 04-16-2014 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabresfansince1980 (Post 83485703)
Can we assume that Nolan has the most influence over the new hiring decisions, or would Murray also have some say?

These choices will reflect Nolan's value and perhaps how long he stays on as HC. Big decisions afaic.

I think the 3 year window is a good timeframe for the team to shift from rebuilding to starting to compete. Nolan couldn't have been given that length as a coincidence.

Regardless, Nolan can bring in who he wants, sure, but I'm kind of confused about this. He isn't our guy when we compete in the future, he's here to get as much effort as possible out of the players while we suck. If this implies that he's more long term, it's not what we should be doing. We need a tactical coach for the future, an X's and O's guy. That's not Nolan.

Unless, however, the team dismantles 2 coaching staffs within 3-4 years, as it seems to be a consensus that we need a better coach for the future. But now that it seems that Nolan is getting his own staff, we'd have to undertake further dismantling in the future in order to stick with what is best for the team in the long run

Sabretooth 04-16-2014 01:31 PM

Quote:

BUFFALO, N.Y. (April 16, 2014) — The Buffalo Sabres today announced several changes to the team’s coaching staff, effective immediately: Assistant coaches Joe Sacco and Jerry Forton have been offered reassignment within the organization’s hockey department; the contract of assistant coach Teppo Numminen will not be renewed; goaltending coach Jim Corsi will not return as part of the team’s staff next season.
Doesn't mean they will accept the offer though, right?

Tapu Coco 04-16-2014 01:34 PM

How are we supposed to get Mcdavid without Sacco behind the bench?

EichHart 04-16-2014 01:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coconut Head (Post 83486395)
How are we supposed to get Mcdavid without Sacco behind the bench?

The Sabres management knows whats up. :handclap:

sba 04-16-2014 01:37 PM

Tim Murray is a goddamned genius. He's going to let Nolan turn that team into Maple Leafs-lite and coast into the McDavid lottery...at the same time appeasing the [mod: fans] who need "blue collar hockey" to feel like they're not watching a complete pile of garbage.

jvirk 04-16-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Coconut Head (Post 83486143)
I think the 3 year window is a good timeframe for the team to shift from rebuilding to starting to compete. Nolan couldn't have been given that length as a coincidence.

Regardless, Nolan can bring in who he wants, sure, but I'm kind of confused about this. He isn't our guy when we compete in the future, he's here to get as much effort as possible out of the players while we suck. If this implies that he's more long term, it's not what we should be doing. We need a tactical coach for the future, an X's and O's guy. That's not Nolan.

Unless, however, the team dismantles 2 coaching staffs within 3-4 years, as it seems to be a consensus that we need a better coach for the future. But now that it seems that Nolan is getting his own staff, we'd have to undertake further dismantling in the future in order to stick with what is best for the team in the long run

Please tell me which coach in today's league is a true "X's and O's" guy and is successful or at least competing in this year's playoffs.

Coaches in today's NHL (and for the past few seasons) have been more about managing the team rather than drawing up plays. They have a certain system in place. Most assistant coaches if anything do "X's and O's"..but that's not how the NHL is trending anymore. Head coaches manage players and lines and put in a system and style of play for the team. Nolan could bring in an X's and O's guy...but as far as Head coach, Idk why you'd think he's not here for the long term. It's just a wait and see approach that's all. Look at the views most players have had on Nolan's coaching this season, they play so hard for the guy. But yeah let's bring in an X's and O's guy (i.e., Ron Rolston) when we're ready to compete!...

FoSotC 04-16-2014 01:38 PM

Not too happy about Corsi leaving. As it stands, that looks like change simply for the sake of change.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Layne Staley (Post 83485435)
Good.None of them should be here.Corsi in particular,he was here longer then Lindy and Darcy were.

Shouldn't matter as long as the quality of his coaching stays consistently good, which seems to have been the case.

Namejs 04-16-2014 01:38 PM

I hope they sign Artūrs Irbe as the goalie coach.

And then sign Arturs Kulda and Kaspars Daugaviņ in the off-season. And make a deal for Kristers Gudļevskis.

#LatvianSabres

:handclap:

Bearbait 04-16-2014 01:39 PM

With Barry Trotz out in Nashville, I wouldn't be surprised to see Phil Housley back in Buffalo working with the young defense and running the power play program. Housley's success working with kids in the USA program makes sense and might be just what the organization could use right now. I don't know if Nolan and him are friends or not, but with all the international coaching they both did, I'm sure they ran into each other somewhere along the line....

Just a thought, but wouldn't be surprised, that's for sure.

boots electric 04-16-2014 01:40 PM

Mitch Korn, please and thank you

joshjull 04-16-2014 01:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sba (Post 83486579)
Tim Murray is a goddamned genius. He's going to let Nolan turn that team into Maple Leafs-lite and coast into the McDavid lottery...at the same time appeasing the [mod: fans] who need "blue collar hockey" to feel like they're not watching a complete pile of garbage.



Just admit you really have no idea what you're mad about. You're mad that the team is being asked to work hard? :laugh:

Superhero 04-16-2014 01:44 PM

Barry Trotz would be great for an assistant in Buffalo!


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:23 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.