HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   Nhl 2006 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=165089)

Cuiff 08-22-2005 11:24 AM

Nhl 2006

Does anyone have any info on the game. I know it is due out in Oct but will there be a minor league or a cap?

RJ8812* 08-22-2005 11:43 AM

i dont think there's gonna be a minor league, but the reason why its not coming out 'til late september/early october is so they can do all the roster changes and input the new rules...not sure about the cap

Steve L* 08-22-2005 11:56 AM

It was supposed to come out around now but I think its delayed until next month.

As with all EA games, they give the customer no information and we can only assume its to impliment the new rules and CBA.

Roger's Pancreas* 08-22-2005 04:24 PM

Here's a pretty sweet trailer that we can all appreciate. The music's pretty bad but aside from that the game looks good.

goodrev 08-22-2005 04:47 PM

stick with nhl 2k6 much better game, much more realistic hockey, much more realistic franchise mode with minor leagues and player scouting.... the game and the series i have found over the past 4 years is simply better

Jussi 08-22-2005 05:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodrev
stick with nhl 2k6 much better game, much more realistic hockey, much more realistic franchise mode with minor leagues and player scouting.... the game and the series i have found over the past 4 years is simply better

Plus it will have two Flyers Historic teams like in 2K5 ('74 and '87).

FLYLine24 08-22-2005 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jussi
Plus it will have two Flyers Historic teams like in 2K5 ('74 and '87).

With no real names of the players. :p:

goodrev 08-22-2005 05:19 PM

there will be a better game that actually somewhat resembles hockey and doesnt have guys flipping the puck between their skates... if you want to play an arcade game buy NHL hitz or NHL 2006 from EA, they are the same game where one has less players on the ice, if you want a real hockey game buy the 2k series

oh and last i checked madden was an arcadey peice of trash also, its a shame that they bought the contract with the NFL because they were worried that Sega was putting out better games... go figure

Original6 08-22-2005 05:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by goodrev

So realistic that goalies make the same save 70 % of the time if they care to move. So realistic that most goals come by way of a one timer? So realistic that after every day simulated (not games) there's atleast 1 injury? Oh ya not to mention how guys are somehow back in the line up in the next game or so.

Lobstertainment 08-23-2005 01:50 AM

I heard NHL 2006 will have a full version of NHL 94 on the disc.

considering NHL 94 was like one of the best hockey video games of it's time it's probably worth a look for that reason alone.

The Dopefish 08-23-2005 02:24 AM

When EA starts making NHL games using updated rosters but using the NHL 94 engine, I'll freak.

alanschu 08-23-2005 04:22 AM

When Sega decides to release a computer version of 2K, I'll consider buying it.

Brad* 08-23-2005 05:18 AM

September 13, 2005 is supposedly the release date for NHL 06. NHL 06 has more deking options, "showboating," a little bulls eye that pops up in the net so you can aim your shot, and better graphics, and there have been changes to the gameplay to make it more realistic. I don't know about minor leagues or the Cap. It would be cool if they included the European Elite leagues again, though.

NHL2k6 is set for September 6, 2005. It has a lot of tweaking done on gameplay to accentuate the realism aspect. Manual goalie control has been vastly improved, so it's actually going to be fun now to play as the goalie. They also added "icon passing" which is basically a control which allows you to have more creativity in the offensive zone with the puck. It also has Neale and Cole from HNIC doing the announcing.

Personally, if I had to buy one I'd go with NHL2k6 in a heartbeat. It will have better, more realistic gameplay, and won't be far behind anywhere else. I believe it'll also have the discount pricing.

Jussi 08-23-2005 09:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88
With no real names of the players. :p:

All the names are in the commentary database and by getting the player renaming guide from here (made by Phil Parent) you can change them yourself. It takes a while but if you're willing to admit you'd rather be lazy then fine.

Jussi 08-23-2005 09:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHockey
So realistic that goalies make the same save 70 % of the time if they care to move. So realistic that most goals come by way of a one timer? So realistic that after every day simulated (not games) there's atleast 1 injury? Oh ya not to mention how guys are somehow back in the line up in the next game or so.

:deadhorse

Just because you were too lazy to fiddle around with sliders a bit, doesn't mean that everyone else is.

FLYLine24 08-23-2005 09:36 AM

Quote:

All the names are in the commentary database and by getting the player renaming guide from here (made by Phil Parent) you can change them yourself. It takes a while but if you're willing to admit you'd rather be lazy then fine.

Aint worth it to play with the teams maybe half a dozens times.

Original6 08-23-2005 09:40 AM

Quote:

:deadhorse

Just because you were too lazy to fiddle around with sliders a bit, doesn't mean that everyone else is.

Every sports games has sliders. You think 2k games are the only ones?

Snap Wilson 08-23-2005 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Dopefish
When EA starts making NHL games using updated rosters but using the NHL 94 engine, I'll freak.

Hell, I wouldn't mind NHL '94 with rosters from 1987.

Steve L* 08-23-2005 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FLYLine88
Aint worth it to play with the teams maybe half a dozens times.

Thats 5 more times than most people played with NHL2005.

GoneFullHextall 08-23-2005 10:23 AM

I heard your going to be able to injure goalies/skaters with slapshots

bit82 08-23-2005 10:29 AM

i hope they put corsby in this game. from what i can remember about recent nhl ea sports games, rookies were not in the game.

Jussi 08-23-2005 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DrHockey
Every sports games has sliders. You think 2k games are the only ones?

No, you just make it sound like you didn't even try. I copied a set of sliders from 2khockey.net forums, made some adjustments of my own and have been pleased since the beginning of my Flyers franchise. I'm scoring 3,4 goals a game with most of the goals being backhanders, wristers and slappers.

Roger's Pancreas* 08-23-2005 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
I heard your going to be able to injure goalies/skaters with slapshots

that's true but you could also do that with NHL 2K5 (minus the goalie.) The things that bothered me about NHL 2K5 was that the expressions never changed, the net never moved, and there wasn't a ton of creativity offensively. Yes you could deke every once in a while but more often then not you would one time it. Then we can complain about the breakaways, it's way too easy. You could pick up ten breakaways a game but never a two one one. I'm almost half tempted to start playing "ice hockey" again.

Jussi 08-23-2005 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bit82
i hope they put corsby in this game. from what i can remember about recent nhl ea sports games, rookies were not in the game.

Nope, NHLPA rules prevent using players who've never played an NHL game before. I'm sure he'll be in the first downloadable roster updates. But if you can't wait that long, his name is in the commentary database of NHL 2K6, meaning that when you create him, the announcers will say his name.

FLYLine24 08-23-2005 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steve L
Thats 5 more times than most people played with NHL2005.

Funny, could say the same bout 2k5. But I wont. Or did I just say it?