HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Confirmed with Link: NSH trades 7th for Rissling (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1650893)

BigFatCat999 04-19-2014 04:52 PM

NSH trades 7th for Rissling

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=449834

Why? There are a total of 14 LHD in NSH system. Josi, MDZ, Ekholm. Bartley; Bitetto, COR, Jarvinen, Valentine, Dialby, Noonan, Fernholm, Vainonen, Rissling

I Will Son 04-19-2014 04:58 PM

I don't get it

PredsV82 04-19-2014 05:13 PM

Poile trolling us before he gets the gate…

edit: seriously though, as much gooney as we had seen against ads players lately, maybe his guy is our thug of the moment, if we don't want to actually risk Diaby getting hurt or suspended

GeauxPreds 04-19-2014 05:35 PM

Huh. I can only guess they want someone physical to protect people in Milwaukee. If that's the case the price of a 7th in a shallow draft isn't bad at all.

AdmiralsFan24 04-19-2014 05:46 PM

Replacement for Del Zotto. :sarcasm:

Armourboy 04-19-2014 07:22 PM

Guessing its to help out Milwaukee, otherwise doesn't make much sense.

dulzhok 04-19-2014 08:38 PM

Poile has more success with 7th rd picks than 3rd rd picks.

With all due respect to Milwaukee fans, we should not be giving up drafts picks to help their playoff run. Maybe conditional if he plays X amount of games in the NHL next year.

Dumb.

GeauxPreds 04-19-2014 09:09 PM

I don't get the freaking out over a 7th rounder. They're not all hornqvists and rinne's folks. Besides, if this guy can help keep our prospects from getting their faces punched in then that's a good thing and worth a 7th in this draft.

AdmiralsFan24 04-19-2014 10:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok (Post 83703821)
Poile has more success with 7th rd picks than 3rd rd picks.

With all due respect to Milwaukee fans, we should not be giving up drafts picks to help their playoff run. Maybe conditional if he plays X amount of games in the NHL next year.

Dumb.

I doubt this trade was made to help the 6th seed minor league affiliate with their playoff run.

dulzhok 04-19-2014 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GeauxPreds (Post 83706293)
I don't get the freaking out over a 7th rounder. They're not all hornqvists and rinne's folks. Besides, if this guy can help keep our prospects from getting their faces punched in then that's a good thing and worth a 7th in this draft.

Nodboy is freaking out about it, but it's still an un-needed trade. Seriously though, he's had more success in the 7th rd than rds 3-5 combined.

dulzhok 04-19-2014 11:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AdmiralsFan24 (Post 83715339)
I doubt this trade was made to help the 6th seed minor league affiliate with their playoff run.

It would not surprise me. He's always talking about how well Milwaukee is doing.

triggrman 04-20-2014 06:43 AM

Poile has no clue when it comes to defensemen, oh wait

Nothing Is New 04-20-2014 07:00 AM

I don't get it. This was like the knee jerk reaction after the Legwand trade. Poile did some right IMO. Read the HF scouting report on the guy. Big, physical, high character. Has got upside. Will he likely be a future Pred? Probably not, but the odds of his making it are a helluva lot better than your generic seventh round draft pick. Its a little thing - but its a positive.

Armourboy 04-20-2014 07:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 83723581)

Yeah with his track record its kind of hard to give him much flak over defensmen. Forwards now thats a different story entirely :laugh:

Preds33 04-20-2014 08:26 AM

Per Kevin Wilson

Quote:

Originally Posted by @KWilsonPreds
@Cellblock303 Actually, not random at all. He must be signed by June 1, so need time to work a contract out. WSH wasn't able to sign him.

If Washington wasn't able to sign him, what real upside does he have? Seems like they would have signed him had he had some upside.

GeauxPreds 04-20-2014 09:58 AM

Washington is close to their contract limit apparently. My guess is they don't see the upside Poile and co see in him.

BigFatCat999 04-20-2014 10:22 AM

6' 4" 200lbs. 5 yr Calgary Hitman. 5G, 29A in 54 games LHD. 105PIMs

Paranoid Android 04-20-2014 11:12 AM

Considering Nashville had to call up Piskula last season, this is some much needed young defensive depth. The D pipeline is bare. A trade like this should have honestly happened sooner.

Enoch 04-20-2014 11:40 AM

Young guy, size, decent numbers in the WHL. Scouting report?

jwhouk 04-20-2014 12:18 PM

Rissling 2014 = Ivanans 2004?

Iron Duke 04-20-2014 12:54 PM

According to anything I've been able to find, big, strong kid who plays a physical game and seems to have a better offensive skillset than that type of player tends to have. Sounds like he may be an asset to the pipeline if we get him signed. No problem with this trade.

dulzhok 04-20-2014 02:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman (Post 83723581)

We'll see now that he doesn't have Trotz to "develop" them all ;)

Poile is going back to his old tendencies, as I suspected he would. He's try to find treasure in someone else's trash. He tried this countless times over his career, and with the exception of Shero scouting Timonen, he's had almost zero success with it. He's trying to recreate something that happened 17 years ago.

Millar, Klassen, Tenkrat, Ivanans, Valecevick, Peltonen, Jariven, there are way too many to list. And go back to the thread when we got guys like Klassen, the same old stuff being said, "low risk for guy with potential". Blah blah blah.

Quit wasting time and picks Poile.

PredsV82 04-20-2014 02:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok (Post 83743157)
We'll see now that he doesn't have Trotz to "develop" them all ;)

Poile is going back to his old tendencies, as I suspected he would. He's try to find treasure in someone else's trash. He tried this countless times over his career, and with the exception of Shero scouting Timonen, he's had almost zero success with it. He's trying to recreate something that happened 17 years ago.

Millar, Klassen, Tenkrat, Ivanans, Valecevick, Peltonen, Jariven, there are way too many to list. And go back to the thread when we got guys like Klassen, the same old stuff being said, "low risk for guy with potential". Blah blah blah.

Quit wasting time and picks Poile.

Wasting time?? Yeah like the trade market is so hot right now...

And this is a 7th round pick... so player that if we get lucky and find a diamond in the rough might make the Prods in 4 years or so... traded for a player already two years farther along and apparently ready for the AHL... that's a waste how?
Can NHL players even get traded at this point?

BigFatCat999 04-20-2014 03:02 PM

A) I'm not a big fan of this draft, so trading the 7th is NOT going to make me cry.

B) My problem is that it's ANOTHER LHD when the team desperately needs a RHD.

C) Only catches my attention because I COULD see this as a possible help with a trade to move some of the LHD in the system. Say, to WPG example, MDZ+ if they can't sign him for E. Kane.

Also, I could see Nashville trade a couple for RHD. Noonan I can see as an NHL player, Dialby I DEFINATLY can see as an NHL player.

INDhockeyfan 04-20-2014 05:57 PM

The only teams that can trade right now are non playoff teams. This is a minor move for more defensive depth in the system. Poile may feel this guy is better then anyone we could draft in the 7th round.