HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Breaking news: Hossa + deVries to Atlanta for Heatley (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=165519)

Albi 08-23-2005 05:24 PM

Breaking news: Hossa + deVries to Atlanta for Heatley

link - tsn.ca

IMO, great move by Ottawa.
Heatley is one of the best player in the game.

KINGLEWOOD 08-23-2005 05:27 PM

Amazing, I can't beleive Atlanta would get rid of Heatley. I think Ottawa wins this one, imagine Spezza and Heatly on a line.

Albi 08-23-2005 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KINGLEWOOD
Amazing, I can't beleive Atlanta would get rid of Heatley. I think Ottawa wins this one, imagine Spezza and Heatly on a line.

Yeah...I imagine Havlat-Spezza-Heatley
Scary.

Fingolfin 08-23-2005 05:30 PM

If Heatley returns to form, Ottawa wins hands down. On the other hand, if Heatley can't recover, Ottawa just got plugged.

Personally, I have my doubts about how well Heatley will do, but I'll be damned if he isn't worth the risk.

--
Fin

nikolai19 08-23-2005 05:51 PM

Atlanta wins this deal becuase they get DeVries in the deal as well. He walks into Atlanta as a number 1-2 defenseman on a team with a goalie who has huge potential and will be given the reigns.

You think Havlat-Spezza-Heatley looks good...
Hossa and Kovalchuk are going to make Marc Savard or Bobby Holik 90 point guys.

Albi 08-23-2005 05:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nikolai19
Hossa and Kovalchuk are going to make Marc Savard or Bobby Holik 90 point guys.

MMmhhmmm...

Capn Brown 08-23-2005 05:59 PM

Kovalchuk / Hossa / Barney

Bytown 08-23-2005 06:06 PM

Devries did not play at all last year and put on about 15 pounds.

kingsforever 08-23-2005 08:45 PM

all i can say is that from listening to ottawa talk radio this afternoon is ottawa fans love this deal, the fans turned on hossa since he put his needs before the team, and as for giving up de vries, his salary is way to much for a number 5 d-man on the team

personally i love it for the sens, we need a rugged winger

Captain Ron 08-23-2005 09:11 PM

I think it was a good deal for both teams.

Although I am still trying to figure out how in the hell Atlanta can support a higher payroll than the Kings? :dunno:

Reaper45 08-23-2005 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob

Although I am still trying to figure out how in the hell Atlanta can support a higher payroll than the Kings? :dunno:

What's their payroll at?

no name 08-23-2005 11:04 PM

Does this trade kill any Redden trade possibilities?

Reaper45 08-24-2005 12:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name

Yes.

The Tikkanen 08-24-2005 12:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spongebob

LA is a small market, remember?

Captain Ron 08-24-2005 07:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reaper45
What's their payroll at?

They are sitting around $30 million. But they still have to sign Kovalchuk who will probably get between $4-5 million.

Captain Ron 08-24-2005 07:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tikkanen
LA is a small market, remember?

I hope you are being sarcastic. Because in 2003-04 LA had about $20 million more in revenue than the Thrashers did. :)

GoneFullHextall 08-24-2005 11:21 AM

Atlanta wins this deal
Hossa is a much better OVERALL player. not only can he score but is is pretty good defensivly too. Heatley even when healthy cannot play defense. Plus Atlanta gets a pretty good defenseman in deVries.
I am not completly sold that Heatley will return to form or not. mentally he still has allot to overcome and maybe the change in scenery will help him. we shall soon see.
I realize I did not factor the salaries in all this, just the on ice stuff. I give the edge to Atlanta in this one. Talk to me in a year and I will look at it again.
I hope this opens up the idea of more deals like this.

Matt13 08-24-2005 11:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by no name

I dont believe any trade possibility is ever killed. If the Kings really want Redden he can be had.

This trade isnt really freeing up that much payroll though and they may still look to rid themselves of Redden.

I Am Ziggy Palffy 08-24-2005 01:45 PM

both teams did great...apparantly Heatley wanted out of ATL....and to get Hossa back is a GREAT return....add to that, they also added a very dependable Dman with only 1 year left on his contract...

OTT had serious cap problems lying ahead...and somehow, they were abel to handle the situation by landing one of the best young players in the game....