HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Buffalo Sabres (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=18)
-   -   Begin a Hab? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16568)

Takeo 10-03-2003 07:52 AM

Begin a Hab?

Can anyone confirm this???

habfan4 10-03-2003 08:37 AM

From Sportsnet.ca - near the bottom of the article on Green.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/artic...03_122348_4740

KillToronto 10-03-2003 09:28 AM

So now I guess we basically traded Warrener and Ballard for Drury, right?

billsandsabres 10-03-2003 09:30 AM

well that f'ing blows
i was excited to watch him and mair pinball around the ice one the 4th line this year
what a waste

so does this mean roy will make the team? any guesses?

ajsonor 10-03-2003 09:30 AM

the rangers also took Joel Bouchard

ajsonor 10-03-2003 09:30 AM

the rangers also took Joel Bouchard

Rhett4 10-03-2003 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by billsandsabres
well that f'ing blows
i was excited to watch him and mair pinball around the ice one the 4th line this year
what a waste

so does this mean roy will make the team? any guesses?

I was looking forward to him, too. My guess now is we keep Gaustad around. He's big, he's tough, and he put up points this preseason.

Peters/Boulton-Gaustad-Mair

Takeo 10-03-2003 10:33 AM

With Begin gone, I guess we can insert some more youth and scoring potential into the lineup with Connolly or Roy or whoever. But I think our grit scale just bottomed out. Peters better be as big and bad as fans are making him out to be or else we're SOL.

Rhett4 10-03-2003 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Takeo21
With Begin gone, I guess we can insert some more youth and scoring potential into the lineup with Connolly or Roy or whoever. But I think our grit scale just bottomed out. Peters better be as big and bad as fans are making him out to be or else we're SOL.

We don't need more youth or scoring potential.

I think we can fill that grit by playing Gaustad in that role or by playing both Peters and Boulton.

If they stick Connolly on the fourth line, I will cry.

Enoch 10-03-2003 11:55 AM

wow, of all the waiver pickups i was surpirsed begin wasn't protected.......

WHAT HAPPENED ????

buffalowing 10-03-2003 12:11 PM

Hopefully they do something with the money they saved with losing these guys. I'd Rather have Joel Bouchard gone than Norm Milley, I'm surprised no one picked him up.

Ruckus007 10-03-2003 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rhett4
I was looking forward to him, too. My guess now is we keep Gaustad around. He's big, he's tough, and he put up points this preseason.

Peters/Boulton-Gaustad-Mair

That'd be nice. That line would make me --> :handclap:

Rhett4 10-03-2003 12:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus007
That'd be nice. That line would make me --> :handclap:

According to Regier, we're probably looking at a line of Boulton-Mair-Peters. If that's not a nasty fourth line, I don't know what is. I'm not complaining.

Begin had some character, but this line is full of more goonery. Woo.

Ruckus007 10-03-2003 12:25 PM

Quote:

According to Regier, we're probably looking at a line of Boulton-Mair-Peters. If that's not a nasty fourth line, I don't know what is. I'm not complaining.

Begin had some character, but this line is full of more goonery. Woo.

Is Boulton ready to play? I thought he still had a couple weeks left before he could get back on the ice.

Rhett4 10-03-2003 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ruckus007
Is Boulton ready to play? I thought he still had a couple weeks left before he could get back on the ice.

That will likely be the line once he's healthy. Until then, I don't know. Whatever it is, it shouldn't be for too long.

Mr Brownstone 10-03-2003 03:04 PM

Odds are until Bolts comes back it'll be Peters-Mair-Botterill.

jpb 10-03-2003 03:06 PM

Quote:

I'm complaining.

That line will contribute MAYBE 5 goals this year, and aside from Mair will average less than 5 min per game ice per player. I'd be amenable to letting Peters get some ice to see if he can play a shift on the 2nd or 3rd line from time to time, but put Mair on the ice with Connolly and roll four lines.

Double goons is necessary maybe 10 times a year. Any more is a waste

billsandsabres 10-03-2003 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpb
I'm complaining.

That line will contribute MAYBE 5 goals this year, and aside from Mair will average less than 5 min per game ice per player. I'd be amenable to letting Peters get some ice to see if he can play a shift on the 2nd or 3rd line from time to time, but put Mair on the ice with Connolly and roll four lines.

Double goons is necessary maybe 10 times a year. Any more is a waste

agreed
begin was gonna bring good bodychecking and a bit of skill- essentially a mair clone minus a few inches

so assuming the 3rd line is brown between afinogenov and pyatt to start the year, that leaves conolly to play with mair and peters?
what is the alternative? pyatt on the fourth?
(after game 4 when connolly returns, that is)

i suppose how dumont plays will be the wildcard

LALALALALALAFONTAINE 10-04-2003 05:01 PM

Gaustad should replace Begin's role.

Slangston 10-04-2003 05:16 PM

I'd consider signing Steve Thomas just for this season. Just to see how it goes.