HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Thrashers acquire Hurme from Carolina for 4th Round Pick!!! (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16592)

j_chan02 10-03-2003 10:46 AM

Thrashers acquire Hurme from Carolina for 4th Round Pick!!!
 
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=55966

scroll all the way to the bottom. carolina signed storr and then shipped hurme to atlanta. looks like there's 3 capable starters now: dafoe, nurminen, and hurme. that's one big logjam if you ask me

Robert Paulson* 10-03-2003 01:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by j_chan02
http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?id=55966

scroll all the way to the bottom. carolina signed storr and then shipped hurme to atlanta. looks like there's 3 capable starters now: dafoe, nurminen, and hurme. that's one big logjam if you ask me

Yeah, do you guys need yet another goalie? Nurminen, Dafoe, and Lehtonen are enough IMO.. maybe he's there to backup Lehtonen in the AHL.. :dunno:

Padawan 10-03-2003 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LetsGoPens63
Yeah, do you guys need yet another goalie? Nurminen, Dafoe, and Lehtonen are enough IMO.. maybe he's there to backup Lehtonen in the AHL.. :dunno:

Or maybe he is just trade bait.

Peter Griffin 10-03-2003 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padawan
Or maybe he is just trade bait.

That's it! The'll trade him to another team for a 4th rounder!



;)

Peter Sidorkiewicz 10-03-2003 07:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Padawan
Or maybe he is just trade bait.

One of the goalies will be trade bait for an offensive forward. I read somewhere that DW said a number of teams have already made enquiries about thrasher goalies. Ideally it would make sense to try and ship out Dafoe as he struggled last season but I've got a bad feeling it might be Nurminen that will have to be sacrificed for a forward. He probably has the highest value out of the three and therefore we would get a good return for him.

Nurminen, Hurme, Lehtonen - all goalies were on Finland's roster for the world championships. How bout that! ;)

SwisshockeyAcademy 10-03-2003 08:19 PM

Yes the've cornered the market on top level fininsh goalies. Hurme has always been a goalie i've liked , he was excellent at the 2002 Olympics and there is nothing wrong with picking up assets. This is really great for Hurme's career because keenan would let him rot for weeks at a time, this opens the door a crack. Dafoe has never inspired confidence, so a good split between Nurminen and Hurme might do the trick.

VAThrasher 10-04-2003 06:15 AM

Sure seems like the guys on the Panthers board are real happy with how all this went down. :D

btn 10-04-2003 06:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
I've got a bad feeling it might be Nurminen that will have to be sacrificed for a forward. He probably has the highest value out of the three and therefore we would get a good return for him.

My thoughts exactly.

Nurminen has the most value, I think he will be the one who is moved. Perhaps to Colorado?

Dr.Sens(e) 10-04-2003 07:59 AM

If they don't move him, I would not be shocked to see Hurme the Thrashers starter before season's end. There are still Sens fans who felt he should have been the starter over Lalime, and he was solid for the Panthers last year.

He could be a legit NHL starter IMO. I know this clouds the Thrashers goaltending situation, but this is a good problem to have.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:47 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.