HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Detroit sign another ex-Predator Andreas Lilja (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=166084)

Bubba64 08-25-2005 01:30 AM

Detroit sign another ex-Predator Andreas Lilja

Delmore - Lilja :clap: :biglaugh:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=134445

PredsFan77* 08-25-2005 01:42 AM

Does Worrell come as well?

Gnashville 08-25-2005 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bubba64
Delmore - Lilja :clap: :biglaugh:

http://tsn.ca/nhl/news_story.asp?ID=134445

Houlder and Hulse are next :eek:

crossxcheck 08-25-2005 10:54 AM

If they'd sign dunham, we'd be set. could you imagine being able to razz shenahan, chelios, *elm*re, and dunham all in one game and 4 times per year?!?

dulzhok 08-25-2005 03:18 PM

Lilja can be pretty decent... would definitely prefer to have him over Alison.

Joe T Choker 08-25-2005 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
Lilja can be pretty decent... would definitely prefer to have him over Alison.

pssst ... Allison is not going to be on the team at all this year.

Timonen - Markov
Hamhuis - Suter
Zidlicky - Eaton
and then maybe Allison

vopatsrash 08-25-2005 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole

Timonen - Markov
Hamhuis - Suter
Zidlicky - Eaton
and then maybe Allison

I think Allison will make the team because he knows his place and is content to travel with the team as the 7th emergency defenseman.

Besides, who's going to sing Trotzie to sleep on those long flights back from western canada? Those pipes are velvet, i tell you...velvet!

dulzhok 08-25-2005 07:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seamus O' Toole

Timonen - Markov
Hamhuis - Suter
Zidlicky - Eaton
and then maybe Allison

psst... I guarantee that all of those six defenseman will not play 82 games (injuries). In fact, there is a good chance that our "7th defenseman" will have a regualar role on the team. Maybe we'll call up Weber or Klein (who may or may not be ready). I'm just saying I'd be more comfortable with Lilja than Allison as our 7th. Also, there is no guarantee that Suter will thrive with a regular NHL spot. He could fall flat on his face.

nine_inch_fang 08-25-2005 08:45 PM

Quote:

psst... I guarantee that all of those six defenseman will not play 82 games (injuries). In fact, there is a good chance that our "7th defenseman" will have a regualar role on the team. Maybe we'll call up Weber or Klein (who may or may not be ready). I'm just saying I'd be more comfortable with Lilja than Allison as our 7th. Also, there is no guarantee that Suter will thrive with a regular NHL spot. He could fall flat on his face.

I don't think our gameday roster this year will have 7 d-men as much as past years. Also though Lilja may be a better d-man I think Allison is kept around more as a toughness factor which Lilja can't fill and Allison may still find himself a scratch incase of injury as one of the call ups will get the icetime if they can handle it.

dulzhok 08-25-2005 09:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
I don't think our gameday roster this year will have 7 d-men as much as past years. Also though Lilja may be a better d-man I think Allison is kept around more as a toughness factor which Lilja can't fill and Allison may still find himself a scratch incase of injury as one of the call ups will get the icetime if they can handle it.

I just have a feeling that around game 30, Allison is going to be sitting at about 15 GP. No, I don't think we'll use a 7-man gameday roster. I'm just expecting injuries, and I can see Suter possibly being a scratch here and there. Bringing up Weber could be a possibility, but I expect that they'll want him in Milwaukee most of the year unless he's just dominant from the begining. Also, Weber makes 2x that of Allison at the NHL level.

It's not a big problem... I'm just saying that I'd prefer Lilja as our 7th man over Allison. IMO, he'd be a much better insurance policy. I think he's a serviceable 4th-7th NHL defenseman.

barrytrotzsneck 08-25-2005 09:49 PM

Quote:

I just have a feeling that around game 30, Allison is going to be sitting at about 15 GP. No, I don't think we'll use a 7-man gameday roster. I'm just expecting injuries, and I can see Suter possibly being a scratch here and there. Bringing up Weber could be a possibility, but I expect that they'll want him in Milwaukee most of the year unless he's just dominant from the begining. Also, Weber makes 2x that of Allison at the NHL level.

It's not a big problem... I'm just saying that I'd prefer Lilja as our 7th man over Allison. IMO, he'd be a much better insurance policy. I think he's a serviceable 4th-7th NHL defenseman.

aside from York...none of our d-men had any lengthy injuries last season, unless you count Zidlicky's concussion in the playoffs, which wasn't lengthy.

nine_inch_fang 08-25-2005 10:20 PM

Quote:

I'm just expecting injuries

Man that sucks. I hope carma doesn't smack you in the face.

crossxcheck 08-26-2005 08:41 AM

You guys are forgetting that we need allison around for games in columbus :biglaugh:

TomHBlain 08-27-2005 08:36 AM

So as a Detroit fan, what can I expect from Lilja? He will only be 5,6,7th defenseman on our team so demand for minutes is low. I get a feeling in reading these posts that we are scraping the bottom of Nashville's defenseman barrells.

Nab77 08-27-2005 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomHBlain
So as a Detroit fan, what can I expect from Lilja? He will only be 5,6,7th defenseman on our team so demand for minutes is low. I get a feeling in reading these posts that we are scraping the bottom of Nashville's defenseman barrells.

Lilja never played a game in Nashville, he was signed before the lockout on a 1 year deal.

Steady stay at home D-man, pretty slow, decent passer, somewhat physical. Not particurarly good at anything but not that bad either.

Pred303 08-27-2005 09:14 AM

it is refreshing to see teams considered to be the "upper tier" teams in the league to be using what amounted to castoffs from our defensive corps as starters...

york in toronto
bombardier being looked and talked about by colorado
delmore and lilja with detroit

then
hnidy with atlanta

lord we've come a long way,when these 5 used to be starters at one point or other on our blueline

as to lilja,given the proper role and system he can be more than adequate...great size,good strength,slow skater, not physical despite the size is the book on the guy... would be a good 5th or 6th dman or possible even a 2nd pairing if he's paired with a guy who compliments him who can help cover his lack of speed..to suceed on a 2nd line would have to be paired with an offensive type dman who had speed,but who needs a true stay at home guy to cover his rushes... lilja has no offensive skills,none,you sure don't want him joining in the rush.. but is the textbook stay at home guy who positionally is sound and rarely gets caught up ice out of position.. very little flair,you'll watch a game with lilja and never notice him if he plays his normal game,which isn't a bad thing..

expect to be frustrated that he doesn't use his size more.. but again,with the right pairing and the right system the guy can be average to slightly above.. i actually expect detroit to like this signing by midseason

jstreet 08-27-2005 01:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pred303
expect to be frustrated that he doesn't use his size more.. but again,with the right pairing and the right system the guy can be average to slightly above

yeah, whatever happened to Robert Scnabel...