HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Buffalo - Pittsburgh (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1661993)

Your Boy Troy 05-02-2014 09:38 AM

Buffalo - Pittsburgh

Buffalo: RFA rights to Brandon Sutter

Pittsburgh: RFA rights to Marcus Foligno

I realize that Sabre fans loves Marcus Foligno, but does Nicolas Deslauriers make him expandable? Pittsburgh needs a power-forward like Foligno. Buffalo gets a a solid shutdown centre in return. Marcel Goc makes Brandon Sutter expandable.

penguins2946* 05-02-2014 09:41 AM

I don't want to move Sutter after seeing how good he is with non-ass linemates. I'll pass.

pigpen65 05-02-2014 09:42 AM

I don't think Buffalo fans love Foligno after this year. He was pretty terrible.

internetdotcom 05-02-2014 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket Tocchet (Post 84493687)

I realize that Sabre fans loves Marcus Foligno, but does Nicolas Deslauriers make him expandable? Pittsburgh needs a power-forward like Foligno. Buffalo gets a a solid shutdown centre in return. Marcel Goc makes Brandon Sutter expandable.

Goc makes Sutter gain weight? :sarcasm:

Malkin Mania LXXI 05-02-2014 10:15 AM

I've said it all postseason, Sutter has been our most consistent guy along with Nisky and Martin. I liked him when we got him, and still do. Hopefully we can keep him and Goc and let Adams slowly disappear from the roster somehow..

Beerz 05-02-2014 10:21 AM

I know they both restricted free agent said but..This is tilted pretty heavily in Sabres favor

Dying Alive 05-02-2014 10:23 AM

Would rather keep Sutter.

Beerz 05-02-2014 10:24 AM

Unless Pens don't think they can afford him not sure why they'd do it

Tender Rip 05-02-2014 10:25 AM

Would love to have Foligno next to Sutter. But Sutter is worth more than him one for one.

DoctrSteveBrule 05-02-2014 10:26 AM

a center for a less talented winger? no thanks

Riptide 05-02-2014 10:35 AM

Wouldn't mind Marcus Foligno, however I would need more than just him to move Sutter. Now that we've gotten Sutter some decent linemates, he's been very good. Marcus Foligno alone isn't enough incentive to move Sutter, and hope we can sign Goc.

Sabretip 05-03-2014 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rocket Tocchet (Post 84493687)

I'm all over pursuing Sutter - and he does seem to fit the M.O. that Tim Murray referred to in "young players that are ready to assume more ice time / responsibility than they may get on current team". Sutter's size, position and defensive awareness sure would fill a hole Sabres have right now at center.

I don't know about the premise that a journeyman, role-player like Goc is automatically a lock to supplant/replace Sutter long term. He seemed to be more of a trade deadline acquisition by Shero for depth at center in the bottom 6.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Beerz (Post 84495125)
I know they both restricted free agent said but..This is tilted pretty heavily in Sabres favor

Agreed - which is why I'd be OK with Stewart or Adam being thrown in with Foligno, depending on whether the Pens wanted a more established winger for their top 6 to add more options on the wing or if they'd want more of an up-and-coming prospect like Adam.

If the Pens thought they might lose Niskanen and/or Orpik this summer and wanted Ehrhoff as a replacement, I'd even be OK with an Ehrhoff/Foligno package for Sutter and a draft pick.

penguins2946* 05-03-2014 12:20 PM

Foligno and Stewart for Sutter? I would do that without any hesitation. It gives Crosby a mean SOB that can score a ton of goals and a big young forward to one day replace Kunitz. I'd be down with that, it gives us a top-9 of:

Kunitz-Crosby-Stewart
Foligno-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Goc-Dupuis

Riptide 05-03-2014 12:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabretip (Post 84548261)
Agreed - which is why I'd be OK with Stewart or Adam being thrown in with Foligno, depending on whether the Pens wanted a more established winger for their top 6 to add more options on the wing or if they'd want more of an up-and-coming prospect like Adam.

I'd even be willing to slightly add to Sutter if Foligno and Stewart were coming back.

Blitz 05-03-2014 01:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptide (Post 84549363)
I'd even be willing to slightly add to Sutter if Foligno and Stewart were coming back.

To :pens

LW Marcus Foligno (RFA)
RW Chris Stewart ($4.15M)
2015 4th RND pick

To :sabres

C/W Brandon Sutter (RFA)
C/W Theodor Blueger (N/A)
2014 2nd RND pick

Thoughts?

penguins2946* 05-03-2014 01:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitz (Post 84553457)

LW Marcus Foligno (RFA)
2015 4th RND pick

C/W Brandon Sutter (RFA)
2014 2nd RND pick

Thoughts?

We don't have a 2nd, and adding Blueger and a 2nd isn't "slightly adding", that's a pretty big plus. I'd do Sutter and Kuhnhackl for those 2, but not much more.

Sabretip 05-03-2014 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vokouna Maattata (Post 84548837)
Foligno and Stewart for Sutter? I would do that without any hesitation. It gives Crosby a mean SOB that can score a ton of goals and a big young forward to one day replace Kunitz. I'd be down with that, it gives us a top-9 of:

Kunitz-Crosby-Stewart
Foligno-Malkin-Neal
Bennett-Goc-Dupuis

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptide (Post 84549363)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitz (Post 84553457)

LW Marcus Foligno (RFA)
2015 4th RND pick

C/W Brandon Sutter (RFA)
2014 2nd RND pick

Thoughts?

Adjust the draft picks...

LW Marcus Foligno (RFA)
2015 3rd RND pick

C/W Brandon Sutter (RFA)
2014 1st RND pick

This would seem to be a fair deal that gives both teams assets they need.

That1Kid 05-03-2014 07:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabretip (Post 84576943)

LW Marcus Foligno (RFA)
2015 3rd RND pick

C/W Brandon Sutter (RFA)
2014 1st RND pick

I don't know about that, I mean, I like that more than the previous trade, but a 1st is a bit too steep considering Stewart will be a UFA after next season. If you changed that 2015 3rd to a 2014 2nd (don't you guys have 3 this year?), I'd do it.

Djp 05-03-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabretip (Post 84576943)

LW Marcus Foligno (RFA)
2015 3rd RND pick

C/W Brandon Sutter (RFA)
2014 1st RND pick

Buffalo's 2015 3rd belongs to Washington. Their 3rd could be available this year if the miller deal doesn't trigger.

As for the deal......nothing against Sutter...I don't think Buffalo needs him when they have Larsson, Compher, Girgensons who all project to a similar role.

Stewart +3rd will get a 1st. This still reverts back to Foligno for Sutter.

ZeroPT* 05-03-2014 08:36 PM

Is there a way to keep Foligno and still make the Stewart for Sutter trade?

That1Kid 05-03-2014 08:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroPT (Post 84579659)

Well ideally we'd like to get 2 roster players for 1, Folingo and Stewart both being power forwards is something we really need. Stewart+a forward prospect with top 6 potential maybe? What's the deal with Joel Armia? He didn't exactly light the AHL on fire this year by looking at his stats. Surely he's still more valuable than Foligno, but would you have any interest in Sutter and a 2014 1st (we'd add more if we needed to) for Stewart and Armia? Or if you have any other forward prospects with top 6 potential I'd definitely be interested in them.

tsujimoto74 05-03-2014 08:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by That1Kid (Post 84580031)
Well ideally we'd like to get 2 roster players for 1, Folingo and Stewart both being power forwards is something we really need. Stewart+a forward prospect with top 6 potential maybe? What's the deal with Joel Armia? He didn't exactly light the AHL on fire this year by looking at his stats. Surely he's still more valuable than Foligno, but would you have any interest in Sutter and a 2014 1st (we'd add more if we needed to) for Stewart and Armia? Or if you have any other forward prospects with top 6 potential I'd definitely be interested in them.

Buffalo really isn't in a position to give away forwards with that level of talent/skill.

Riptide 05-03-2014 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ZeroPT (Post 84579659)

Yes and no. Issue with that is he's a young big RFA who's been good vs a guy with 1 yr left on his deal. If he does well here, his value goes up and we may not be able to afford to re-sign him. If he does poorly, he walks and we lost Sutter for 1 yr of Stewart. And we'd still have to find a #3c.

And looking over the roster, I don't really see anyone other than Foligno that interests me. There's some nice forward prospects, but I don't see Buffalo going there.

Extra Texture 05-03-2014 09:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vokouna Maattata (Post 84493767)
I don't want to move Sutter after seeing how good he is with non-ass linemates. I'll pass.

Ditto, and I have never understood why he was often mentioned in trade proposals (from a Pitt perspective) even before the postseason.

I know he isnt exactly a star, but I love his all around game, and I think he can be an important cog for this team for a long time.

ZeroPT* 05-03-2014 09:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riptide (Post 84580705)
Yes and no. Issue with that is he's a young big RFA who's been good vs a guy with 1 yr left on his deal. If he does well here, his value goes up and we may not be able to afford to re-sign him. If he does poorly, he walks and we lost Sutter for 1 yr of Stewart. And we'd still have to find a #3c.

And looking over the roster, I don't really see anyone other than Foligno that interests me. There's some nice forward prospects, but I don't see Buffalo going there.

Fair enough. I'd rather not give up Foligno as I think he can be an essential piece to the puzzle down the road (bottom 6 bruiser) and those prove to be ever so valuable, but for Sutter I'd likely pull the trigger on that.

2015 pick (McDavid,Barzal,Eichel)
Reinhart/Bennett
Sutter

and we would still have Larsson,Grigorenko and Girgensons as natural C's.
Insane depth