HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Legwand (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=166215)

henrik0080 08-25-2005 11:41 AM

Legwand

Do you think he will center the first line with Kariya and if so how will their chemistry be? If he does center with Kariya I think he could be having a career year.

vopatsrash 08-25-2005 01:53 PM

Sorry, but predator fans just don't seem to really have opinions about David Legwand either way. :sarcasm:

Imo, this will be the year we will find out whether he is destined to be a solid number two who just didn't quite live up to the #2 pick status, but is still very valuable to have around for the many things he does well or if he can make the leap into true number one status (statistically).

I think we'll see a career year. Anyone who has seen him lately says he has bulked up and looks bigger. Assuming health with Legwand, Sully, Walker, Kariya, and Hartnell (all potential linemates), I expect 20-25 goals and 40-50 assists.

dulzhok 08-25-2005 02:17 PM

Send him to TB for Richards. :snide: We'd probably have to add something to that package as well. Turn around and sign him to an identical deal to St.Louis.

triggrman 08-25-2005 09:23 PM

dulzhok has posted in in two weeks but you put a thread up about Legwand and he's on it....

barrytrotzsneck 08-25-2005 10:55 PM

that's because he's been too busy posting as "oldhickory" over there.

lightning_legwand* 08-26-2005 08:00 AM

I like your thoughts on Legwand gettign 20-25 goals and 40 -45 assist. I can definitely see it if he is playing with Kariya. A full season with Sullivan as well. It is a guarantee he gets ice time with both of them and Walks.
It shoudl be very interesting.
We shall see.

GPF 08-26-2005 08:47 AM

It' as Vopat said - if he won't produce this year as a number 1 centerman - he will never be one!
But the stage is set ... no doubt!

And I hope he will finally explode !

dulzhok 08-26-2005 04:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lightning_legwand
I like your thoughts on Legwand gettign 20-25 goals and 40 -45 assist. I can definitely see it if he is playing with Kariya. A full season with Sullivan as well. It is a guarantee he gets ice time with both of them and Walks.
It shoudl be very interesting.
We shall see.

Honestly, Legwand's point totals don't mean that much to me. If you get 1st line ice time, and tons of pp time, and time with potential all-star type players (Kariya, Sullivan, Timonen, Zid, etc), Legwand should put up 60 points with ease. But the question will remain... was Legwand the one making the plays happen or was he an ordinary player getting tons of ice time with talented linemates? Other players that have fallen in this category are Patrick Kjellberg, Sergei Krivokrasov, Todd White, Mike Knuble, etc, etc, etc. Not that these players are horrible players, but they certainly aren't impact NHL players. I don't judge anyone on their point totals... I judge them on their overall impact and effectiveness.

nine_inch_fang 08-26-2005 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
Honestly, Legwand's point totals don't mean that much to me. If you get 1st line ice time, and tons of pp time, and time with potential all-star type players (Kariya, Sullivan, Timonen, Zid, etc), Legwand should put up 60 points with ease. But the question will remain... was Legwand the one making the plays happen or was he an ordinary player getting tons of ice time with talented linemates? Other players that have fallen in this category are Patrick Kjellberg, Sergei Krivokrasov, Todd White, Mike Knuble, etc, etc, etc. Not that these players are horrible players, but they certainly aren't impact NHL players. I don't judge anyone on their point totals... I judge them on their overall impact and effectiveness.

Haven't you beotched about Legwand's point totals before? Stateing something to the effect of I don't care how good he forechecks, backchecks, or covers defensively, he needs to score more goals.

Enoch 08-26-2005 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok

Well then what is your problem? Legwand's only problem area IS his point production.

dulzhok 08-26-2005 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by nine_inch_fang
Haven't you beotched about Legwand's point totals before? Stateing something to the effect of I don't care how good he forechecks, backchecks, or covers defensively, he needs to score more goals.

No, what I would like to see him do differently this year is as follows:

1) Give up the puck less than 10 times a game.
2) Get knocked off the puck less than 20 times a game.
3) Quit being a perimeter player.
4) Learn to shoot the puck in traffic.
5) Learn to play in traffic, period.
6) Do anything good offensively when there's any opposition player pressuring him (translation: usually the only good offensive plays he makes are when he has open space to work with).