HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Winnipeg Jets (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Petro (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16623)

Edge 10-03-2003 12:23 PM

Petro

You'll like him, he is a tough little guy who always shows up and gives an honest effort. i know the rangers didnt really wanna lose him.

In the right situation with the right icetime, he could probably score 10 goals, 20 points and 100 pim.

#37-#93-#27* 10-03-2003 02:56 PM

10 goals and 20 points is a huge overstatement.

Enjoy him though, he'll be a solid addition that will never go un noticed in the game. 100% energy and always makes huge hits.

Jared Ramsden 10-03-2003 08:35 PM

I loved Petrovicky the first year he was in Calgary. He was all over the place, and even showed some offensive upside, However, come year two, that intensity and offensive upside he showed vanished, and it was not surprising to see the Flames put him on the waiver wire.

He will give you and honest effort every night, but he needs to keep that intensity night in and night out to be effective. Maybe he'll get a chance to play with Savard again. He briefly played with him in Calgary a few years ago......

Edge 10-03-2003 08:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
10 goals and 20 points is a huge overstatement.

Enjoy him though, he'll be a solid addition that will never go un noticed in the game. 100% energy and always makes huge hits.

Not really, had he not gotten hurt that's probably 6 or 7 goals and 17, 18 points as a fourth liner.

that's in his first pro season and on the rangers to boot.

I dont think 10-10-20-100 is totally out of the question. i mean it's not like i think he'd score 20 goals or anything.

and of course it depends on what situation he's in with atlanta. he's not a core player but a useful role player who could find a nitch as a result of the atlanta losing two forwards to the recent events.

nothing is guranteed but i dont think it'd be too much to ask of him.

btn 10-04-2003 05:13 AM

There was some concern about him coming back from a wrist injury last year. Some say he has not been the same since then.

Edge 10-04-2003 11:02 AM

well i think what kinda happened was two parts.

on the one hand the wrist injury was hurting him for a while after he came back, on the other hand he went from third line duty to fourth line duty upon his return and never really had a chance to "work" his way back into the lineup.

having seen him this preseason he is certainly back to where he was and honestly outplayed Chris Simon. But we're talking about the rangers so we all know who got the roster spot.

btn 10-04-2003 11:10 AM

What little I saw of him last year impressed the heck out of me.

It must be disapointing to see the Rags getting rid of one of the few character players they have.

Edge 10-04-2003 05:23 PM

Disappointing yes, surprising know.

I mean he's not a game breaker and i think people would be okay seeing him go if say they felt a prospect was getting a shot.

The ONLY thing that has kept people from complaining about it more is they got Keefe in the waiver draft. 90% of the fans would rather have waved Simon.

but i do think petro would be useful for the thrashers with the right icetime and some good fortune.

He's pesky and very irritating to the other team and despite his smaller size will check anyone. In camp he went after lindros who he easily gives up 5-6 inches and 40-50 pounds.