HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: DET - BUF (A Big Ole' Blockbuster!) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1662427)

TheMothman 05-02-2014 06:58 PM

DET - BUF (A Big Ole' Blockbuster!)

2014 1st Round Pick
2015 3rd Round Pick
Thomas Tatar
Xavier Ouellet
Johan Franzen
Jakub Kindl
Joakim Andersson

for

Tyler Myers
Chris Stewart

2014 2nd Round Pick

Detroit needs right-handed players. They need a top four defenseman. And they need a big power forward. Buffalo is in full rebuild mode; and there have been rumors about them being open to trading Myers for a while. And from what I've gathered, they acquired Stewart to be another big trading chip.

So with this trade, Detroit fills their two biggest needs, and Buffalo acquires a lot of great players whom can impact their future in a positive way, and players who can also make their roster more competitive in an immediate way.

Am I way off with this idea? Or is this something that fans of both teams would be alright with? As a Detroit fan, I'd pull the triggers on the trade without hesitation. But I'm not sure if this is something that would even intrigue Buffalo fans in the slightest. So how about a discussion about this trade idea?! Maybe even a discussion that doesn't involve tearing me apart for having a horrendous trade proposal... pretty please? :cheers:

dan1el 05-02-2014 07:00 PM

Definitely seems like an overpayment from Detroit to me

peen 05-02-2014 07:02 PM

Way too many moving pieces.

TheMothman 05-02-2014 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dan1el (Post 84520177)
Definitely seems like an overpayment from Detroit to me

I feel like it's an overpayment too... but if that's what it would take, then I'd still do it. Fortunately for Detroit, they have so many good prospects right now, that they could do an overpayment like this without destroying their future. But maybe that's just me that feels this way?

JohanFranzenstein 05-02-2014 07:03 PM

May as well buy Detroit some cigarettes too, because they like to smoke after they've been ****ed.

But seriously... really really bad.

Reclamation Project 05-02-2014 07:04 PM

Detroit gets absolutely hosed.

Country Mac 05-02-2014 07:06 PM

Seems like a lot to give up but I don't know value on the Wings side. Franzen+Tats+1st+3rd seems reasonable for Myers+2nd but I don't really see Franzen leaving Detroit.

TheMothman 05-02-2014 07:06 PM

Well I'm quickly seeing that my proposal is seeming quite bad. Anyone having any suggestions on how to manipulate this idea into something that makes more sense?

tony d 05-02-2014 07:08 PM

Detroit overpays way to much on that 1, no deal.

start winnin 05-02-2014 07:09 PM

Huge overpayment on Detroit's side. LOL

The only one with any remote value from Buffalo is Myers. Stewart could conceivably return to form and probably would with Detroit but I don't see why Detroit would make this deal.

Reacher Gilt 05-02-2014 07:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMothman (Post 84520525)
Well I'm quickly seeing that my proposal is seeming quite bad. Anyone having any suggestions on how to manipulate this idea into something that makes more sense?

reduce the number of pieces

Wolverine Wings 05-02-2014 07:18 PM

Eh, this is really bad, Myers isn't worth that much. Stewart has very little value to the Sabres so they will probably move him on the cheap, while the 2nd is just a throw-in.

This trade is essentially 2014 1st + Joakim Andersson + Tatar for Myers. I can't really justify all those pieces, plus why would Detroit move their highest pick since Lapointe for Myers AND have no 2nd round pick. The more I think about it, this is really just a terrible deal.

TheMothman 05-02-2014 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reacher Gilt (Post 84520747)
reduce the number of pieces

I think it looks really bad when it's all bunched up together like that. But does this still look like way too much?

Franzen
Kindl
3rd Round Pick

for

Chris Stewart

and

Thomas Tatar
Xavier Ouellet
Joakim Andersson
1st Round Pick

for

Tyler Myers
2nd Round Pick

I know it's the exact same proposal I initially made. But I feel like it looks less ridiculous when it's broken up like this. Or am I just crazy, and still way off?

ChaoticOrange 05-02-2014 07:20 PM

Detroit gives up A LOT here. This is a what you'd give up for an established #1 and Myers is not that. Tatar, Ouellet, and 1st is an impressive package by itself. I'd boil this deal down to:

Tatar, Ouellet, Det 1st

For

Myers, small +

Trims a lot of the fat from either side. Still don't think Detroit goes for it.

Goalie guy 05-02-2014 07:27 PM

UMMM ya no thanks!

Wolverine Wings 05-02-2014 07:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChaoticOrange (Post 84521489)
Detroit gives up A LOT here. This is a what you'd give up for an established #1 and Myers is not that. Tatar, Ouellet, and 1st is an impressive package by itself. I'd boil this deal down to:

Tatar, Ouellet, Det 1st

For

Myers, small +

Trims a lot of the fat from either side. Still don't think Detroit goes for it.

Myers is an excellent player, but honestly, I just don't think he's a #1D. Now, could he develop or have a breakout season, sure, but this a lot to give up for someone who does not fulfill exactly what Detroit needs.

But, yeah, I'd be all on board if a player like Marchenko was involved instead of Ouellet.

Ron C. 05-02-2014 07:28 PM

For those who say this is OVERPAYMENT from the Red Wings, I disagree. I'm not sure I do this deal. The key players in this scenario are Myers and Tatar. I choose Myers over Tatar.

Chris Stewart will likely garner a mid to low 1st round pick. The Sabres 2nd will be the last pick in the 1st round (arguably). Tyler Myers, I would consider trading for a top 5 pick, but not a 6-10 pick.

So where are we? A top 6 pick and two other 1st round picks for Tatar and what?

JohanFranzenstein 05-02-2014 07:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron C. (Post 84522175)
For those who say this is OVERPAYMENT from the Red Wings, I disagree. I'm not sure I do this deal. The key players in this scenario are Myers and Tatar. I choose Myers over Tatar.

Chris Stewart will likely garner a mid to low 1st round pick. The Sabres 2nd will be the last pick in the 1st round (arguably). Tyler Myers, I would consider trading for a top 5 pick, but not a 6-10 pick.

So where are we? A top 6 pick and two other 1st round picks for Tatar and what?

Except you guys would have another first round draft pick this year, and 2 proven top 6 goal scoring wingers, a good 3rd/4th line center, decent third pairing defenseman, and one of our top 3 defensive prospects. This proposal is realbad.

Ron C. 05-02-2014 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohanFranzenstein (Post 84522501)
Except you guys would have another first round draft pick this year, and 2 proven top 6 goal scoring wingers, a good 3rd/4th line center, decent third pairing defenseman, and one of our top 3 defensive prospects. This proposal is realbad.

Detroit picks 15, the Sabres pick 31. Historically, this would be a 2nd round pick to move up.

I think Myers is better than Tatar. Why do the Sabres do this deal? Especially knowing that Stewart will return at least a 1st.

Ron C. 05-02-2014 07:39 PM

Also, we don't need any 4-6 d-men. We have plenty to share with others.

JohanFranzenstein 05-02-2014 07:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ron C. (Post 84523177)
Detroit picks 15, the Sabres pick 31. Historically, this would be a 2nd round pick to move up.

I think Myers is better than Tatar. Why do the Sabres do this deal? Especially knowing that Stewart will return at least a 1st.

So get rid of Stewart and the 1st in the proposal, it still leaves that glut of players and a 2nd for Myers and a 2nd. This deal heavily favors the Sabres.

detredWINgs 05-02-2014 07:44 PM

Why does Detroit do this? Just because Myers is a righty?

Detroit doesn't need another young defenseman. Especially one who isn't better than Dekeyser and may not be better than Smith with the way Smitty is trending upwards.

Also, why would we want Stewart? We have winger depth out the ass and its not like Stewart is some power forward with a great work ethic or who uses his size.

Ron C. 05-02-2014 07:46 PM

Sabres have no need for Kindl or Oulette.

Ron C. 05-02-2014 07:49 PM

If I am trading Myers, it's for Bennett, not Tatar. I just don't think these are good trading partners.

Reacher Gilt 05-02-2014 07:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JohanFranzenstein (Post 84523459)
So get rid of Stewart and the 1st in the proposal, it still leaves that glut of players and a 2nd for Myers and a 2nd. This deal heavily favors the Sabres.

You can keep most of these.

The pieces that sabres would want are Tatar and the first.

Not sure if they move Myers for that or if Detroit would do it.