HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   NYR vs. NJD 10/3 (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16659)

shmekel 10-03-2003 04:07 PM

NYR vs. NJD 10/3

Anyone know if the game's on TV or radio?

BTW, 1-0 Rangers HOLIK, A: Unassisted

http://nhl.com/onthefly/scoreboard/h...s/PL010112.HTM

edit: Holik's goal was shorthanded.

shmekel 10-03-2003 04:08 PM

Make that 2-0

PP 22 CARTER, A: 27 KOVALEV

Unthinkable 10-03-2003 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shmekel
Anyone know if the game's on TV or radio?

BTW, 1-0 Rangers HOLIK, A: Unassisted

http://nhl.com/onthefly/scoreboard/h...s/PL010112.HTM

edit: Holik's goal was shorthanded.

This morning NHL.com had a link to listen live to both teams on their respective home team networks but its gone now.

shmekel 10-03-2003 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Unthinkable
This morning NHL.com had a link to listen live to both teams on their respective home team networks but its gone now.

I'm just guessing, but it's probably just a default set of links on the scoreboard template.

shmekel 10-03-2003 04:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JasonMacIsaac
You guys are beating our best lineup. Replace Marshall in for Pihlman and that is our team. Defense is a little off but still a nice effort by the Rangers.

I wish I could've seen tonight's game instead of Wednesday's.

@#%$ MSG Network.

RANGERDIEHARD 10-03-2003 05:03 PM

Quote:

You guys are beating our best lineup. Replace Marshall in for Pihlman and that is our team. Defense is a little off but still a nice effort by the Rangers.

Yeah, I know it's pre-season and all but I'm pretty excited being up 2-0 against the Stanley Cup champs.

n8 10-03-2003 06:02 PM

yee-haw! we won. we shut out the stanley cup champs. oh wait, dang, it's just preseason... but encouraging nonetheless

n8 10-03-2003 06:49 PM

Quote:

Great game. NJ is in alot of trouble if NYR show up and NYI continue their strong defensive play.

how so?

anyways what was really impressive was that the rangers allowed only 19 shots on goal. if that becomes a norm and the goaltending stays sharp we're gonna do pretty good. unlike previous years where if we kept it under 35 SOGs it was considered a good night. :rolleyes:

Fire Sather 10-03-2003 06:54 PM

since we didnt see the game, we cant name many positves or anything, but i think the fact that we beat NJ's starters, even though only preseason, is a good sign heading into the regular season.

ihatenewjersey 10-03-2003 07:39 PM

was at the game tonight,
juicy looked extremely solid out there,
fedor is looking real solid,
lindros and stevens were at it for most of the night,
we took so many stupid penalties
and the mess line sucks.....

ihatenewjersey 10-03-2003 07:41 PM

o and both goals were very nice and brodeur was pulled at the halfway mark, schwab robbed alot of people and made alot of good saves.. the one in particular i remember was on..........hlavac

Brooklyn Ranger 10-03-2003 07:58 PM

Tjutin better enjoy his time in the NHL and save a little of the meal money cause he's going to Hartford very soon. Especially with the pick up of Bouchard--who no doubt will stay with the Rangers until Leetch comes back.

Barnaby 10-03-2003 08:16 PM

Id rather see Fedor stick until Leetch returns, and Dale warm the press box but thats just my opinion.

Melrose_Jr. 10-04-2003 05:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brooklyn Ranger
Tjutin better enjoy his time in the NHL and save a little of the meal money cause he's going to Hartford very soon. Especially with the pick up of Bouchard--who no doubt will stay with the Rangers until Leetch comes back.

Clearly the writing is on the wall for Fedor. If he's going to continue to play with Kaspar, that might be a good thing right now. A 3rd pairing of Tjutin and Bouchard could be quite effective though, but it's going to take an injury. The real question is, what becomes of Purinton, now an 8th at best when Leetch is ready?

Going strictly by stats and score sheets, I like what I saw. Holik's goal was SH and Jamie was on the ice with him. PK went 6-0! Mess only logged ~14 minutes, but did take his obligatory penalty, as did Simon. That Devil lineup looks pretty representative of what you'd see during the season. Show me another one of those efforts in our last preseason game and I"ll be encouraged.

Fletch 10-04-2003 08:15 AM

It was definitely...

a positive night on the scoresheet for the Rangers...a shutout by the backup goalie, in New Jersey in a game in which most of Jersey's starters played, and Brodeur in particular. It's a nice begining to closing out the preseason on the road; now they need to win in Boston, who may be seeking some revenge against a likely tired Rangers club. I wonder if there were many adjustements made from Wednesday's game that enabled the Rangers to give up only 19 shots. A win tonight will be a very nice way to conclude the preseason (a win in a game in which they play disciplined hockey, give up few, and skate well).

sickboy35 10-04-2003 10:03 AM

anybody know...

if the game is on tv? i'm only posting cause i want to see if my new (lifted from someone else) avitar is working!! :D