HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   laffs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16661)

caper13 10-03-2003 03:13 PM

laffs
 
anyone know anything about the loser they picked up and the worst thing they needed was a defencemen ....what a gm just like the other clown dryden ....useless.. :handclap: :joker:

didjuicythat 10-03-2003 03:16 PM

In my mind, the Leafs may still be a Cup contender once again this year, but it won't be long until they become a crappy team with their poor management, and also because of their poor drafting. They've got plenty of veterans that will retire in the years to come, so the team is definatly going to suffer from it, IMO.

As for the player they took from the waiver draft, I didn't hear about it. Could someone post his name to let ignorant people like me know who he is? :)

Lewis63 10-03-2003 03:19 PM

Petr Tenkrat

edit: mispelled his name :dunno:

RE-HABS 10-04-2003 05:09 AM

The Leafs may have some great names at forward, but they are old and pretty banged up, and if Eddie ever goes down with a major injury they are surely screwed.

But they obviously lack depth at D. If they had some better D, I would be jealous and would see them as a contender for the Cup...but until they can aqcuire some D or some people step up I think that is their short fall of ever getting by teams like Ottawa, Jersey and Philly.

tinyzombies 10-04-2003 12:39 PM

They're not all that bad if McCabe and Berg bounce back. Klee and Marchment are solid additions as #5 and 6 d. Hedin is a wildcard. Not too shabby. They will have to pick someone up at the deadline most likely, I doubt Colaicovo is ready.

Bring_Bak_Damphousse 10-04-2003 01:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RE-HABS
and if Eddie ever goes down with a major injury they are surely screwed.

I disagree with this, Tellqvist should become a solid goalie sooner rather than later,

The leafs have a decent defence core, nothing to brag about but Kaberle, McCabbe, Berg, Marchment can get it done :dunno:

I think the leafs biggest problem is there forwards...Roberts, Sundin, Nolan, Nieuwndyk, Mogilny are all good players but there all getting up there in age. Besides Antropov they have no young forwards to put in the lineup. It`s too bad they didn`t bring in Gainey he probably could`ve really helped them :D

theo6060 10-04-2003 02:08 PM

One of my friends here is a Leafs fan, and he said something I hadn't really thought about before today. Since they are in the Eastern conference (where lets face it any team can go to the Cup finals), they haven't really had to address their huge problem on defense. Had they still been in the West, they would be forced to pick up some defense as they wouldn't be able to contend with the other Western conference teams. Makes sense if you ask me...

PK* 10-04-2003 02:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by theo6060
One of my friends here is a Leafs fan, and he said something I hadn't really thought about before today. Since they are in the Eastern conference (where lets face it any team can go to the Cup finals), they haven't really had to address their huge problem on defense. Had they still been in the West, they would be forced to pick up some defense as they wouldn't be able to contend with the other Western conference teams. Makes sense if you ask me...

It's true they didn't need to address their defensive problems to contend in the East, but if they want want to win the Stanley Cup, don't they need to play against a Western conference team ?

theo6060 10-04-2003 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PK
It's true they didn't need to address their defensive problems to contend in the East, but if they want want to win the Stanley Cup, don't they need to play against a Western conference team ?

Of course ;), I mentioned that to him too. He just said that they would notice the problem that much sooner if they were playing the West much more often rather than ignore the problem as they do now.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:33 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.