HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Which are the players who will lose their spots to Langdon and Begin? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16671)

habsfan11 10-03-2003 03:28 PM

Who is going to loose their job now?

Now that the habs have picked up 2 new players, 2 other players will have to be cut. Who will have to go?
Personally i think Dwyer and Dackel are done in mtl now.

Mathieu Lavergne 10-03-2003 03:44 PM

Which are the players who will lose their spots to Langdon and Begin?

Hainsey, Plekanec and Higgins will most likely be cut, who are the two others player that will be cut?

Edit: Mikey_s_, I just merged your thread with mine. :)

Guy Damien Lafleur 10-03-2003 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Saku K.
Hainsey, Plekanec and Higgins will most likely be cut, who are the two others player that will be cut.

Totally agree with you. maybe even Komi.

SwedenRulez 10-03-2003 03:46 PM

Quote:

Hainsey, Plekanec and Higgins will most likely be cut, who are the two others player that will be cut.

I think that Ryder will be.

Vicious 10-03-2003 03:50 PM

Dwyer is an obviously choice.. We don't need both Dwyer and Langdon with the team. Just like we don't need Dackell and Sundstrom.. Though, Sundstrom is head and shoulder above Dackell.

So I say Dwyer and Dackell.

habitue* 10-03-2003 03:51 PM

Quote:

I think Juneau and Dackell will be put on waivers soon. The Habs cannot send back Ward or Ryder to hamilton without putting them on waivers and risking to loose them. I would prefer to keep Dwyer instead of the two vets.

I hope they will buy out Juneau's contract or convince him to retire. maybe they can package Dackell with somebody else in a trade.

Langdon and Bégin will share time on the fourth line with Kilger, Dwyer, Ward and Ryder.

I have a feeling Gainey is gonna make a big trade before season's start.

loadie 10-03-2003 03:54 PM

I say that Hossa and Juneau will be odd men out. Ryder will have to clear waivers, so I see myself cheering for 2 Newfoundlanders to do well on my Favorite team. :yo:

Komisaruis 10-03-2003 06:14 PM

Did you know

thats Langdon and Begin with the Habs will cost the nhl post to 6 guys still at the camp!

30 - Mathieu Garon
60 - Jose Theodore
51 - Francis Bouillon
43 - Patrice Brisebois
08 - Mike Komisarek
79 - Andrei Markov
05 - Stephane Quintal
52 - Craig Rivet
44 - Sheldon Souray
38 - Jan Bulis
37 - Niklas Sundstrom
81 - Marcel Hossa
32 - Gordie Dwyer
94 - Yanic Perreault
71 - Mike Ribeiro
90 - Joe Juneau
11 - Saku Koivu
20 - Richard Zednik
82 - Donald Audette
17 - Jason Ward
24 - Andreas Dackell
XX - Darren Langdon
XX - Steve Begin
88 - Chris Higgins
35 - Tomas Plekanec
65 - Ron Hainsey
73 - Micheal Ryder
25 - Chad Kilger

If you think thats Kilger will not start the season... Whats your bets for the 5 others players cutted?

Thats possiblty going to be Higgins, Hainsey, Plekanec, Ward ,and Ryder...

H3ro 10-03-2003 06:21 PM

Quote:

Thats possiblty going to be Higgins, Hainsey, Plekanec, Ward ,and Ryder...
There is NO way Ward and Ryder will be cut. Ryder is actually our best forward, defensively, offensively(with Ribeiro) and physically...

Kerberos 10-03-2003 06:25 PM

Komisarek, Hainsey, Higgins and Hossa will all be cut.

Crusher20 10-03-2003 06:57 PM

Is Mike Ryder playing THAT physical?

Munchausen 10-03-2003 07:39 PM

Ryder will not be cut. He's big, physical, does not hurt you defensively, has character, plays hard every shift, goes in the corners and has a wicked shot. He would have to go through waivers to be sent down and would certainly not clear.

Ward will not be cut. One-way contract, has to go through waivers, big, physical, complete, fills a need.

The only 3 players that I see who could be cut because they've become pretty expandable now are Juneau, Dackell and Dwyer. My guess would be that 2 out of those 3 will go to Hamilton (if they clear waivers). Of course there could still be a trade...

My estimated final lineup:

Bulis - Koivu - Zednik/Audette
Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik/Audette
Sundstrom - Perreault - Ward
Kilger - Begin - Ryder
Langdon, Juneau

Markov - Rivet
Souray - Brisebois
Quintal - Komisarek
Bouillon

Theodore
Garon

H3ro 10-03-2003 07:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusher20
Is Mike Ryder playing THAT physical?

Yes, he supprised me a lot tonight. Best forward of the game, on both sides.

Mike8 10-03-2003 11:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Plekanec
The question is: Does Langdon and Begin having a one way or two way contract? :dunno:

Clearly one way. They're established NHLers.

And if they're sent down, they will hit waivers. I would be surprised to see either waived.

Dwyer, Juneau, Dackell, Ribeiro, Hossa, Hainsey, Higgins, Plekanec, Kilger would all likely hit Hamilton before either of them.

Medicine Twin 10-03-2003 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Munchausen
Ryder will not be cut. He's big, physical, does not hurt you defensively, has character, plays hard every shift, goes in the corners and has a wicked shot. He would have to go through waivers to be sent down and would certainly not clear.

Ward will not be cut. One-way contract, has to go through waivers, big, physical, complete, fills a need.

The only 3 players that I see who could be cut because they've become pretty expandable now are Juneau, Dackell and Dwyer. My guess would be that 2 out of those 3 will go to Hamilton (if they clear waivers). Of course there could still be a trade...

My estimated final lineup:

Bulis - Koivu - Zednik/Audette
Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik/Audette
Sundstrom - Perreault - Ward
Kilger - Begin - Ryder
Langdon, Juneau

Markov - Rivet
Souray - Brisebois
Quintal - Komisarek
Bouillon

Theodore
Garon

I think it's pretty obvious that this is what's happening. I'd keep Dackell ahead Juneau though... the old guy's falling apart, and we don't have another guy on the right side. Dwyer's gone with the acquisition of Langdon, we don't need both.

Medicine Twin 10-04-2003 12:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by H3ro
There is NO way Ward and Ryder will be cut. Ryder is actually our best forward, defensively, offensively(with Ribeiro) and physically...

Ryder and Ribeiro are NOT our best forwards. It would be really sad if they were.

habsfan11 10-04-2003 03:53 AM

according to tsn.ca both begin and langdon are mildly injured and will not be ready for the start of the season. But once they work their way into the line-up, i think that Dwyer and Dackell will loose their jobs. Juneau is not done yet. He is on his last legs, but he brings vet. leadership to the locker room, and thats something Gainey knows is missing.

As for Begin, his contract is up at the end of the year, and could just be here for a year, till kilger is fully healed and shows that he has the nhl skills and thoughness to earn the third line job.

Medicine Twin 10-04-2003 04:02 AM

Quote:

Actually, with Koivu and Zednik injured, Ribeiro is absoluly our best foward like it or not!

I'm sorry but I'd still put Bulis, Perreault, Sundstrom, and Ward ahead of him. At least until he shows he can put up more than 18 pts. in the NHL... or at least serve SOME purpose out there. Actually, I have Dackell and Juneau ahead of him... they score more and know their way around their own zone.

RE-HABS 10-04-2003 04:24 AM

It's quite obvious why Langdon was picked up, Dwyer can't fight. Sure he'll take on anyone, but has he ever won a fight? ANd he doesn't intimidate the opposition if he can't protect his players, Langdon on the other hand is in the top 10 for fighters in this league...soooo it will be Dwyer with his 500,000 salary going to Hamilton and probably Higgins or Plekanec (one of the centre's will get cut over the wingers).

Medicine Twin 10-04-2003 05:10 AM

Quote:

That's because you probably did'nt see any exhibition games...

Don't assume that you have some sort of knowledge that I don't...

In all my years of watching hockey, I've yet to see many pre-season trends continue throughout the regular season. Most veteran players don't give it their all until the season starts while guys that are fighting for spots do.

Orange 10-04-2003 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
In all my years of watching hockey, I've yet to see many pre-season trends continue throughout the regular season. Most veteran players don't give it their all until the season starts while guys that are fighting for spots do.

Maybe so, but you've also put Ward ahead of Ribs in your last post. In my mind that's emotionaly biased rather than based on facts.

RE-HABS 10-04-2003 05:22 AM

Quote:

Don't assume that you have some sort of knowledge that I don't...

In all my years of watching hockey, I've yet to see many pre-season trends continue throughout the regular season.

Chow is the greatest example of that, lead the league last season in pre-season stats and where is he now....back on the Island in New York (not to mention he simply sucked for us last year and played the majority of the season in Hamilton on a one-way 2 million + contract).

Chow this year:

Czerkawski, Mariusz 4 2 1 3

He maybe alright this year, but he has to get a lot of icetime with Yashin to get anything done.

AK-47 10-04-2003 05:27 AM

According to La Presse,

Both Langdon and Bégin will be ready to play come next thursday.

Medicine Twin 10-04-2003 05:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Orange
Maybe so, but you've also put Ward ahead of Ribs in your last post. In my mind that's emotionaly biased rather than based on facts.

Emotionally?!! I'm sorry, but I don't have any emotional attachments to any of the players on the Habs...

I put Ward ahead of him because he can play physical and can play in his own end. I agree that Ward is still unproven as far as offence goes. Sure, I see talent in Ribeiro... but that's yet to appear on the scoresheet.

Orange 10-04-2003 05:37 AM

Quote:

I put Ward ahead of him because he can play physical and can play in his own end. I agree that Ward is still unproven as far as offence goes. Sure, I see talent in Ribeiro... but that's yet to appear on the scoresheet.

Ward is still unproven in every aspect of the game. That's why he'll start the year on the 4th and Ribs on the 2nd. As of now, I there is no doubt in my mind that Ribs is ahead of Ward.