HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Make an offer for a thrashers goalie (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16740)

Peter Sidorkiewicz 10-03-2003 08:02 PM

Proposal: Make an offer for a thrashers goalie
 
Dafoe, Nurminen and Hurme are all available for a top two line scoring forward. No draft picks or defencemen please! No other deals for core members/top prospects of the team. Fire away!

incawg 10-03-2003 08:15 PM

Hurme is probably the most valuable of the bunch and he was acquired for a 4th rounder. That should give you an indication of the value you could get for your goalies.

Alfie#11 10-03-2003 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
Dafoe, Nurminen and Hurme are all available for a top two line scoring forward. No draft picks or defencemen please! No other deals for core members/top prospects of the team. Fire away!

Atlanta won't get more than a 3rd pick or a prospect or a depth player for any of their goalies. They won't get a top two liner.

I think Atlanta got Hurme to use him. Dafoe is injury prone and played awful last year. He may not be a legit NHLer anymore. Nurminen isn't proven despite showing well last year.

Hurme is much like Nurminen but has more of a track record. He may very well end up the teams #1. Nurminen could be the backup. Dafoe - limbo?

andora 10-03-2003 08:48 PM

dafoe to the rangers for malakhov ?...

#37-#93-#27* 10-03-2003 08:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by andora's box
dafoe to the rangers for malakhov ?...

Why would we want Dafoe when we could have picked up Cujo on waivers not to mention we already have a better goaltender in Dunham and even Markkanen, hell add Blackburn even!

Lessard Fretter 10-03-2003 09:28 PM

The Thrashers are not stupid enough to trade off Nurminen, IMO.

But Hurme or Dafoe will be moved ASAP, likely in a package for a scoring forward as recent articles have hinted. The media is suggesting the Thrashers will move Hurme on, and that's likely the case unless someone will take a chance on Dafoe with his contract.

Lastly Nurminen was 3-1 this preseason and will be the Thrashers starter, regardless, but without Heatley and Snyder all season, more moves will have to be made to give the team a okay chance at the playoffs because they're lacking in balance without those two key players, IMO.

andora 10-03-2003 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
Why would we want Dafoe when we could have picked up Cujo on waivers not to mention we already have a better goaltender in Dunham and even Markkanen, hell add Blackburn even!


my mistake, i had forgotten about markkanen..

it would have been for this reasoning:

- blackburn in minors
- rangers spend money

markkanen wipes out my idea.. *bad memory*

Yayo 10-03-2003 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lessard Fretter
The Thrashers are not stupid enough to trade off Nurminen, IMO.

But Hurme or Dafoe will be moved ASAP, likely in a package for a scoring forward as recent articles have hinted. The media is suggesting the Thrashers will move Hurme on, and that's likely the case unless someone will take a chance on Dafoe with his contract.

Lastly Nurminen was 3-1 this preseason and will be the Thrashers starter, regardless, but without Heatley and Snyder all season, more moves will have to be made to give the team a okay chance at the playoffs because they're lacking in balance without those two key players, IMO.

Just for fun:

To Colorado:
Jani Hurme

To Atlanta:
Bates Battaglia

incawg 10-03-2003 09:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Man
Just for fun:

To Colorado:
Jani Hurme

To Atlanta:
Bates Battaglia

Why wouldn't the avs just have undercut the thrashers offer and put up a 3rd rounder for hurme today? That's got to be worth more than bates.

leaflover 10-03-2003 10:45 PM

A couple points.

The market for goaltenders is quite possibly at an alltime low,thus the return of dealing either of those 3 would reflect the dismal goaltender marketplace.

Those that are writing off Dafoe because he had a bad year need only look at what Belfour accomplished following a year that had many HFers calling him a hasbeen.Now Dafoe is not as good as belfour but he's much better than he was in the worst season of his career(last season).

If Dafoe can regain his form it would allow them to deal a younger cheaper goalie which would provide them the best return.Afterall Lehtonen is the future #1 in Atlanta and he may be as little as 2 years away.

Patch101 10-03-2003 11:03 PM

Between the 2 its hard to say what to do. I think you have to give Hurme credit for his consistancy, 3 seasons, two teams 904, 907, 907
but yet to prove he's able to handle the #1

Nurminen, did very well while load bryan was down. Almost seemed to be the go to guy at the end of the season. Same age as Hurme.

Lord Bryan, I'm not sure what people have seen in him really. He played two excellent seasons (65 games each) but paired with injury has fallen and has played in and out since. For the money and his age .... big question mark.

Obviously Atlanta picked up Hurme because they think that he fits into their plans. So is it possible that they will give Lord Bryan a few games and if he doesn't impress ... waiver time? If Not its Nurminen ...

SM

triggrman 10-04-2003 12:56 AM

So you pick a goalie out of the waiver draft and now he's worth a second line scorer? Jesus what can Nashville get for Lasak then?

Safir* 10-04-2003 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
Dafoe, Nurminen and Hurme are all available for a top two line scoring forward. No draft picks or defencemen please! No other deals for core members/top prospects of the team. Fire away!

Let's wait a little while and see, which teams may get goaltending problems (injury, bad playing).

It's strange not a long time ago the Thrashers had a goaltending problem, now they have luxury problem.

IMO a deal with Philly may be possible in the future.

PHI: Dafoe
ATL: Therrien

Freudian 10-04-2003 03:38 AM

TO EDM: Hurme and Stefan

To ATL: Comrie + 6th

Vincent Vega 10-04-2003 04:37 AM

TO ATL: Therian
TO PHI: Hurme

Jovavic 10-04-2003 05:40 AM

Have Turner look under his couch for the money to buyout Dafoe.

btn 10-04-2003 05:54 AM

I am certain that DW has already recieved some offers for one of the Thrashers goalies, and the Hurme move gives him the freedom to make a deal.

Look for perhaps a package deal with Nurminen and a defenseman or prospect for a Top 6 player. With Heatley's destroyed knee(torn ACL and MCL), perhaps a Comrie deal is in the mix. I think the Thrashers may pick up some serious salary.

Holly Gunning 10-04-2003 06:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Ozzie X
Have Turner look under his couch for the money to buyout Dafoe.

Ted Turner never owned the Thrashers. This is one of the biggest misconceptions out there. AOL/TimeWarner was the original owner, and the team was just sold in the last month to a local group calling themselves Atlanta Spirit LLC.

I think you're right about the salary, btn. With Heatley out, that frees up about $3 million in lost bonuses.

Yayo 10-04-2003 09:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incawg
Why wouldn't the avs just have undercut the thrashers offer and put up a 3rd rounder for hurme today? That's got to be worth more than bates.

Well, the original poster said no draft picks or prospects...Battaglia is a borderline second-line forward...

:dunno:

FacelessButcher 10-04-2003 09:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Freudian
TO EDM: Hurme and Stefan

To ATL: Comrie + 6th

This is a pretty bad one we could of picked up Hurme for free if we wanted and u only paid a 4th for him so it might as well read this

Stefan +4th pick 2004 for Comrie + 6th pick 2004 now can u honestly say that's a fair trade?No I didn't think so. I would be knocking on Lowe's door with a shotgun if he did this one.

Freudian 10-04-2003 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FacelessButcher
This is a pretty bad one we could of picked up Hurme for free if we wanted and u only paid a 4th for him so it might as well read this

Stefan +4th pick 2004 for Comrie + 6th pick 2004 now can u honestly say that's a fair trade?no I didn't think so I would be knocking on Lowe's door with a shotgun if he did this one.

How could Edmonton picked up Hurme for free? Anyway, it would all depend on how confident Edmonton are that Conklin will do ok. And you are forgetting Comries value is much lower because he is a holdout. Once Edmonton signs him, they can get full value for him in a trade.

Anyway, I am not an Atlanta fan so "we" didn't only pay a 4th for him, "they" did.

JOHNBOY 10-04-2003 12:29 PM

To Buf, Byron Dafoe

To Atl. Curtis Brown

leaflover 10-04-2003 02:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JOHNBOY
To Buf, Byron Dafoe

To Atl. Curtis Brown

Buffalo is deeeeeeeeeeeep in net already.

JOHNBOY 10-04-2003 05:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by leaflover
Buffalo is deeeeeeeeeeeep in net already.

True but none with alot of NHL experience, besides doesnt he have a low priced contract

Peter Griffin 10-04-2003 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Peter Sidorkiewicz
Dafoe, Nurminen and Hurme are all available for a top two line scoring forward.


:lol:

Good one! Hurme was acquired for a 4th rounder, and like other people have stated could hold the most trade value of the three goalies. Nurminen, although he had a solid season is still fairly unproven and Dafoe at his salary and his play last season isn't exactly the most tradeable asset. On top of that, how many teams are actually looking for goaltending help? Possibly the Avs, but not really anyone else.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:38 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.