HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Brown to sign tomorrow morning. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16757)

Scottkmlps 10-04-2003 12:02 AM

Brown to sign tomorrow morning.

Link: http://www.latimes.com/sports/hockey...orts-nhl-kings
At the bottom of the page.

Old Hickory 10-04-2003 05:21 AM

Nice!

Face Wash 10-04-2003 05:56 AM

This is still a bit of a risk... he can't play in Manchester (until he's 20). I'm pretty sure he keeps his 10 game status though...

jfont 10-04-2003 08:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Face Wash
This is still a bit of a risk... he can't play in Manchester (until he's 20). I'm pretty sure he keeps his 10 game status though...

hey phil, did you get my PM?

TubbyTerrion* 10-04-2003 09:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Face Wash

a risk?

This is a great situation for the Kings because if they send him back (to Guelph) any time before he plays an 11th NHL game, the "Year One" of his contract does not kick in. As for Manchester, you are not ENTIRELY correct. If he plays this season in Los Angeles, he IS eligible to be sent to the AHL for his second year (though I think we have seen enough of DB to know that this is a kid who succeeds at any level he is thrust into, and if he makes the big club, he's most probably an NHLer for life.)

spudboy 10-04-2003 05:11 PM

So where's everybody that said there was no way he was going to make the Kings.

Brodie562 10-04-2003 05:36 PM

No way he would have made the team had we been healthy like Management said we were going to be. Its still all good, I just hope he doesn't get Shi++y 4th line ice time. Play him in the top 6 with luc and Armstrong!

willie 10-04-2003 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spudboy

If Deadmarsh, Allison, Cammalleri & Aulin aren't hurt, he does not make this team.

And he still hasn't "made" the team. It is quite possible (if not probable) he will be sent to Guelph before his 10 games are out.

Legionnaire 10-04-2003 07:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spudboy

Right here :p But I don't mind being wrong about the good things :yo:

VernonForrest 10-05-2003 04:26 PM

If you go back to that same link at the bottom of the page it says he signed on saturday

Doggone Dawg 10-06-2003 03:36 PM

Dustin Brown will be the top player in LA in four years. Guaranteed. He practically leads the team in scoring now, albeit without the likes of Deadmarsh et al. But what about all the other stiffs on your team.

Brodie562 10-06-2003 03:39 PM

Is Ziggy a stiff?!?!

Scottkmlps 10-07-2003 01:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggone Dawg
Dustin Brown will be the top player in LA in four years. Guaranteed. He practically leads the team in scoring now, albeit without the likes of Deadmarsh et al. But what about all the other stiffs on your team.

Did you happen to notice that it is only the pre-season? Eric Staal led the league in pre-season scoring. Does that mean he's gonna lead the league in scoring at the end of the regular season?

Doggone Dawg 10-07-2003 04:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Scottkmlps
Did you happen to notice that it is only the pre-season? Eric Staal led the league in pre-season scoring. Does that mean he's gonna lead the league in scoring at the end of the regular season?

No, but it does mean Staal is a pretty good player as well. I don't expect DB to lead the team in scoring. But I do believe he deserves to stick amongst all of the other stiffs on your team.

willie 10-07-2003 05:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Doggone Dawg
No, but it does mean Staal is a pretty good player as well. I don't expect DB to lead the team in scoring. But I do believe he deserves to stick amongst all of the other stiffs on your team.

When healthy, he does NOT have a place on this roster.

Doggone Dawg 10-07-2003 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by willie
When healthy, he does NOT have a place on this roster.

Then when healthy, the Kings are in for a short season.