HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Five cuts remaining... (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16764)

Medicine Twin 10-04-2003 12:55 AM

Five cuts remaining...
 
1. Ron Hainsey

The Habs will not be keeping 8 D-men, especially with the logjam now at forward. And it would be in the Habs and Hainsey's best interests to have him play in Hamilton rather than sit in our pressbox. There's still a chance that he could take Komisarek's spot (which is the only spot available for him), but it's very doubtful.

2. Gordie Dwyer

With the addition of Langdon, Dwyer becomes obsolete. I prefer Dwyer as a player over Langdon but Langdon is 5X the fighter Dwyer is and that's what he's here for.

3. Chris Higgins
4. Tomas Plekanec

Not much to say here... two young forwards who still have another year before they're NHL ready, and can easily be sent down without having to clear waivers. The only spot available to them would be Hossa's... and Hossa has won that spot IMO.

5. Juneau or Dackell

One of them has to go. Personally, I'd keep Dackell ahead of Juneau. Juneau may be more likely to clear waivers because of his age, salary, and back problems. Plus Dackell is our only extra RW where we have an abundance of guys who can play C.

Remaining?

Bulis - Koivu - Audette
Hossa - Ribeiro - Zednik
Sundstrom - Perreault - Ward
Begin - Kilger - Ryder

Langdon, Dackell

Markov - Rivet
Quintal - Brisebois
Souray - Komisarek

Bouillon

Theodore
Garon

Mike8 10-04-2003 01:19 AM

Looks accurate.

However, I'd be much more pleased to see Dwyer kept, and having both Dackell and Juneau cut.

SwedenRulez 10-04-2003 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medicine Twin
5. Juneau or Dackell

One of them has to go. Personally, I'd keep Dackell ahead of Juneau. Juneau may be more likely to clear waivers because of his age, salary, and back problems. Plus Dackell is our only extra RW where we have an abundance of guys who can play C.

IMO, I would cut Dackell, Juneau is more useful and have more offense (even if he doesn't have a lot) than Dackell.+ Don't forget he brings a kind of "leadership" in the team, he can also play LW. But Kilger is still injured, and if it is for a LONg time, None of the above will be cut.

legaspesien 10-04-2003 04:42 AM

D
 
It look following last night game and by the interview he gave to reporter is that Quintal is set to be paired with Souray,with Rivet and Markov a lock who plays with Brisebois Hainsey or Bouillon that means Komi is the man going to Hamilton

Patty Roy 10-04-2003 05:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8
Looks accurate.

However, I'd be much more pleased to see Dwyer kept, and having both Dackell and Juneau cut.

Agreed. I think Hainsey, Higgins and Plekanec are definitely gone. Those kids need to play lots, so they will start the season in the AHL.

The final 2 cuts will be tricky. I think Dackell will be the first cut, and it should come down to Juneau or Dwyer for the 2nd cut. I prefer to keep Dwyer at this point.

Possible healthy line-up

Jan Bulis-Saku Koivu-Donald Audette
Marcel Hossa-Mike Ribiero-Richard Zednik
Niklas Sundstrom-Yanic Perreault-Michael Ryder
Darren Langdon-Chad Kilger-Jason Ward
Gordie Dwyer, Steve Begin

Andrei Markov-Craig Rivet
Sheldon Souray-Patrice Brisebois
Stephane Quintal-Mike Komisarek
Francis Bouillon

Jose Theodore
Mathieu Garon

habster 10-04-2003 05:49 AM

My possible season opening lineup would look like this:

Jan Bulis-Yanic Perreault-Donald Audette (scoring line)
Marcel Hossa-Mike Ribiero-Richard Zednik (scoring line)
Niklas Sundstrom-Joe Juneau-Michael Ryder (defensive/checking line)
Darren Langdon-Steve Begin-Jason Ward (checking/energy line)
Gordie Dwyer

Andrei Markov-Craig Rivet
Francis Bouillon-Patrice Brisebois
Sheldon Souray-Stephane Quintal

Jose Theodore
Mathieu Garon

I fear that they will send Komisarek down to Hamilton in the beginning of the season. I'm not oppose to that idea, as long as gets gets to come back once he gets on fire down there. Komi is still young and let's face it, he didn't really do anything special during exhibition.

No the big problem is when Koivu and Kilger comes back, what happens then?

coconut 10-04-2003 05:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by legaspesien
It look following last night game and by the interview he gave to reporter is that Quintal is set to be paired with Souray,with Rivet and Markov a lock who plays with Brisebois Hainsey or Bouillon that means Komi is the man going to Hamilton

Hopefully, Hainsey gets to start and Bouillon is kept as a 7th D. Otherwise, I'd rather send him to Hamilton rather than watch games from the pressbox.

gohabsgo2010 10-04-2003 06:41 AM

I really can't see Hainsey being sent down, even if it means we do carry eight defenceman. Besides, who's to say he won't be outplaying Quintal, Komisarek, and Bouillon by November? With Bouillon's bruised ribs, Hainsey may have a good chance to impress tonite.

I'd like to see Dwyer stick around too. He said himself he's more of an energy guy, and that he's really only dropping the gloves because noone alse can do the job(not that Gordie can :P). I see no problem with him playing 35-40 games on the fourth line when the team needs a little spark. We know he won't be complaining about his icetime.

sundaystar 10-04-2003 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Patty Roy
Agreed. I think Hainsey, Higgins and Plekanec are definitely gone. Those kids need to play lots, so they will start the season in the AHL.

The final 2 cuts will be tricky. I think Dackell will be the first cut, and it should come down to Juneau or Dwyer for the 2nd cut. I prefer to keep Dwyer at this point.

Possible healthy line-up

Jan Bulis-Saku Koivu-Donald Audette
Marcel Hossa-Mike Ribiero-Richard Zednik
Niklas Sundstrom-Yanic Perreault-Michael Ryder
Darren Langdon-Chad Kilger-Jason Ward
Gordie Dwyer, Steve Begin

Andrei Markov-Craig Rivet
Sheldon Souray-Patrice Brisebois
Stephane Quintal-Mike Komisarek
Francis Bouillon

Jose Theodore
Mathieu Garon


love the line up. i especially like ryder playing on the 3rd line.

Orange 10-04-2003 06:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sundaystar
love the line up. i especially like ryder playing on the 3rd line.

:handclap: hehe, me too ! :)

BigM1ke 10-04-2003 07:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sundaystar
love the line up. i especially like ryder playing on the 3rd line.

I love it too but Ward is way better than a 4th line player and he proved it last year with the Habs... If Ryder is on the 3rd, that forces Ward to be on the 4th.. That's what I don't like :rolleyes:

gohabsgo2010 10-04-2003 07:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Big M1ke
I love it too but Ward is way better than a 4th line player and he proved it last year with the Habs... If Ryder is on the 3rd, that forces Ward to be on the 4th.. That's what I don't like :rolleyes:


Ward plays extremely well with Kilger. Ryder has earned through TC that he should play with some more offensive minded players, see Perreault and Sundstrom. Now, I don't think Perreault will be around forever, but I like that 3rd line quite a bit PR! It's great to know guys like Begin and Dwyer can step in and we know exactly what we'll get from them every game. Can't say the same about Juneau and Dackell now, can we?

Munchausen 10-04-2003 07:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mike8
Looks accurate.

However, I'd be much more pleased to see Dwyer kept, and having both Dackell and Juneau cut.

I agree. If we bring in toughness, it's not to send some down in Hamilton afterward. I think there's a strong possibility Dwyer gets cut (as it would be the easiest choice) but I'd rather see Juneau and Dackell gone as they don't fit well on a 4th line and have been bumped off the 3rd line by better players.

What I would like to see (fantasy)

Bulis - Koivu - Zednik
Hossa - Ribeiro - Ryder
Sundstrom - Kilger - Ward
Langdon - Begin - Dwyer

Markov - Rivet
Souray - Komisarek
Quintal/Bouillon - Brisebois

What I think we will see (reality)

Bulis - Koivu - Audette/Zednik
Hossa - Ribeiro - Audette/Zednik
Sundstrom - Perreault - Ward
Kilger - Begin - Ryder
Langdon, Dwyer (hopefully)

Markov - Rivet
Souray - Brisebois
Quintal/Bouillon - Komisarek


So as you can see, I'll be one praying for a trade involving Perreault or Audette.

BigM1ke 10-04-2003 07:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jl.roberts
Ward plays extremely well with Kilger. Ryder has earned through TC that he should play with some more offensive minded players, see Perreault and Sundstrom. Now, I don't think Perreault will be around forever, but I like that 3rd line quite a bit PR! It's great to know guys like Begin and Dwyer can step in and we know exactly what we'll get from them every game. Can't say the same about Juneau and Dackell now, can we?

Yeah I agree with you on that. I'd rather get rid of June or Dack and see Ryder, Ward and Langdon play instead of them.

CrAzYNiNe 10-04-2003 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strummerman
Well 2 people have to be put on waivers because of Langdon and Begin- doubt Hainsey will be put on waivers or Plekanec or Higgins- so Dwyer and I think Bouillon will be waived and Bouillon may be gone

? Hainsey, Higgins and Plekanec are exempted from Waivers

Lewis63 10-04-2003 11:13 AM

Plekanec, Hanisey, Komisarek and Higgins can go to Hamilton without passing through waivers.

Munchausen 10-04-2003 11:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lewis63
Plekanec, Hanisey, Komisarek and Higgins can go to Hamilton without passing through waivers.

Same goes for Hossa

Inertiatic 10-04-2003 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strummerman
once again i ask who will be waived because they have to waive 2 players

I think Dwyer may be done in Montreal :mad: Hopefully Juneau and Dacks walk the plank.

Lewis63 10-04-2003 11:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by koivu4ever
I think Dwyer may be done in Montreal :mad: Hopefully Juneau and Dacks walk the plank.


It was probably those two (Juneau and Dackell) that BG unprotected during the Waiver draft.

CrAzYNiNe 10-04-2003 11:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strummerman
once again i ask who will be waived because they have to waive 2 players

You don't |have" to waine anyone. You just can't have on the nhl spot.

OK you have a 23 man roster as your limit. What happends is you aren't allowed 25 players. If you have a player like Juneau, the NHL inforced a rule, whihc is waiver, that if a player is over I beleive 25 or played so many games(# is diffrent for your age) you have to clear waiver which will give any team a chance to pick you up and give you another chance to stay in the nhl. Hainsey, Plakanec and Higgins are no where near the waiver limit, so they can go through from the farm to the NHL without a problem, but other players will have to clear waivers.

You understand what I am saying, or still a little iffy?

gohabsgo2010 10-04-2003 01:59 PM

I can't see Boullion being demoted. Under Savard? Maybe.

Francis possesses all of the qualities Gainey looks for, save size. He comes to play everygame, and we know we won't hear a word if he's not playing.

CrAzYNiNe 10-04-2003 03:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by strummerman
The newspaper today said if you pick up 2 players which the Habs did from the unprotected list- then 2 players from your protected list have to be put on waivers

I think that is what you do at the moment of the waiver draft. I am not too sure if you have to do that later on.

Shazbot 10-05-2003 06:58 AM

how many times can we do this.......?
 
assuming that the injury/day-to-day list on opening night still looks like this: Koivu, Zednik, Kilger, Bouillon; this is my take on the opening-night line-up:

Hossa – Ribeiro – Audette
Bulis – Perreault – Ryder
** (Higgins / Plekanec) / Ward } – Juneau – Sundstrom
Langdon – Bégin – ** Ward / Dackell }

this may look a little complicated but it's not.

with all the injuries and Ryder's pre-season performance, let's say Ryder's won the 2nd-line RW spot for now. so the top 2 lines are pretty much a lock, i think.

on the 3rd line, Juneau and Sundstrom are there to stay, and the other winger will be either Ward or one of Higgins or Plekanec, one of the two being sent down, while the other is kept on the team until the injured players return. since the development of the young players appears to be on the team's active concerns, if one of Higgins or Plekanec is kept on, i can see them getting 3rd-line duty rather than a "prove-yourself!" 4th-line job. otherwise i'd pencil Dackell in as another 3rd-line candidate, though he may be more useful on the 4th line, as i discuss below....

on the 4th line, Langdon is a lock and Bégin will center the line at least until Kilger can play. the other winger on the line will be either Ward or Dackell, depending on who ends up on the 3rd line and how much Julien trusts the duo of Langdon and Bégin not to get scored on; in other words, Dackell and his defensive skills may be more useful than Ward's game on a line with 2 bruiser/energy players like Langdon and Bégin. Dwyer will either be sent down or maybe he'll be lucky enough to be a healthy scratch.

Markov – Rivet
Souray – Brisebois
Quintal - Komisarek

on defense, i think Komisarek gets the nod over Hainsey, and only one of them will be kept on since Bouillon's injury probably isn't a long-term thing.

Theodore
Garon

duh!

gohabsgo2010 10-05-2003 07:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shazbot
assuming that the injury/day-to-day list on opening night still looks like this: Koivu, Zednik, Kilger, Bouillon; this is my take on the opening-night line-up:

Zednik is fine. The groin thing was nothing - he played last night.

Shazbot 10-05-2003 07:12 AM

i thought he left the game again?


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:57 AM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.