HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Kovalchuk to Detroit Proposal. (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=167895)

DanStewartFC 08-31-2005 12:52 PM

Kovalchuk to Detroit Proposal.

I know, I know, you are all saying **** **** **** Cup stop with the proposals!

I can't stop, I love this stuff!

To Atlanta:
C Pavel Datsyuk (Detroit signs him to a 3 year 13 Million deal first)
D Jiri Fischer
G Manny Legace (I think Atlanta is looking for a Goalie)

To Detroit:
LW Ilya Kovalchuk (Atlanta signs him to a 3 year 19.5 Million deal first)
D Garnet Exelby

salty justice 08-31-2005 12:54 PM

Take out Exelby and it still isnt quite enough.

shadoz19 08-31-2005 12:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cup4Wings

To Atlanta:
D Jiri Fischer

To Detroit:
D Garnet Exelby

Brutal... You love to get flamed don't you?

NYR fan 2 08-31-2005 01:42 PM

can detroit take that salary?

westcoast habsfan 08-31-2005 01:54 PM

Quote:

To Atlanta:
D Jiri Fischer

To Detroit:
D Garnet Exelby

If Detroit can't afford Datsyuk then they certainly can't afford Kovalchuk. Plus, Det. still has Kronwall and Zetterberg to sign so no way. Player-wise it's not terrible, Atlanta needs a centre like Datsyuk, I'm not a fan of Savard as a number one guy. Is there a way to get Datsyuk out of Det without giving up Kovalchuk? Now that would make Atlanta really scary!

Dan K 08-31-2005 01:57 PM

Quote:

To Atlanta:
D Jiri Fischer

To Detroit:
D Garnet Exelby

LOL. This one may be worse than the Boston one. Sure, Datsyuk's good, and he had an great season with an incredible stretch, but he's no where near Kovalchuk. And Jiri Fischer and Manny Legace don't help anywhere near enough.

AND you want Atlanta to give you Exelby?! Umm, no. You need to add more just for Kovalchuk.

And for all those looking to give Atlanta your extra goalie because of a retirement, I'd bet that Kari Lehtonen will be able to step in right away as a very solid #1 guy as soon as this October. So I really don't think they're in trouble in that department.

Jaded-Fan 08-31-2005 02:14 PM

Datsyuk = likely $5 million a year for the next few years or UFA in what? A year? AND he is a 50/50 chance or worse of even coming over this year.

Good luck on moving him. This is not a knock on his abilities but there is a reason that you as a fan see the Red Wings shopping him. Don't you think that the rest of us see the same thing?

And can you not see why your proposals such as this one or even much worse (for the reasons that I show above) a trade for a prospect like Malkin who will not be a UFA for 8 years now that he is staying in Russia this year (and will be a bargain his first 3 years in the league) is even more of a joke? It just would not happen in any real situation involving any GM that is not heavilly influenced by drugs.

stu the grim reaper 08-31-2005 02:17 PM

these datsyuk trades are the worst things ive ever seen

o-dog 08-31-2005 02:19 PM

Sure anything is possible but seriously, who in their right mind thinks Kovalchuk will get traded? There is no player or package that could entertain Wadell into dealing a player of that talent. We'll see what Ovechkin and Crosby can do but until then, Kovy is the heir apparent to the best player in the NHL crown. You don't let guys like that go. Ever.

Coffey77 08-31-2005 04:38 PM

Atlanta is keeping Kovalchuk. He's a guy I see winning the Rocket Richard numerous times. And when the Thrashers make the playoffs, Kovalchuk will shine there too.

Captain Ron 08-31-2005 04:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by westcoast habsfan
Plus, Det. still has Kronwall and Zetterberg to sign so no way.

I think that Kronwall already signed a 2 year $1 million/year deal.

jmelm 08-31-2005 05:19 PM

Very weak proposal. I agree with salty justice: take out Exelby.

A fair proposal, IMO would be:

Datsyuk+Zetterberg+Fisher or Kronwall

That would be a decent starting point to form the basis of a deal. Although it's a hefty price, I would do that deal if I'm Detroit, but I'm not sure if I'd do that if I'm Atlanta.

Heaton 08-31-2005 05:27 PM

I wouldn't do that at all from a Detroit perspective, you're basically taking the 3 building blocks of our future for one high powered winger. it doesnt add up.

marmarsab 08-31-2005 05:29 PM

Unbiased opinion, wouldn't do it from neither standpoint, Detroit gives up to much, Atlanta get's to little.

octopi 08-31-2005 05:53 PM

Quote:

At least if you canh't stop try to come out with something reasonable that might fit salary wise, and takes talent levels into account.

You're making Wings fans look like certain Zetterberg coveting fans of a certain Eastern conference team

Famous Flames 08-31-2005 06:11 PM

Take out Legace (please :shakehead ), put in Zetterberg and a 1st and Waddell might (maybe) return the call.

shadoz19 08-31-2005 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octopi
At least if you canh't stop try to come out with something reasonable that might fit salary wise, and takes talent levels into account.

You're making Wings fans look like certain Zetterberg coveting fans of a certain Eastern conference team

He should be permanently banned from making any trade proposals. :D

CupDrought67 08-31-2005 07:34 PM

Judging from the proposals i've seen lately wings fans think datsyuk is the next Gretzky or something.

shadoz19 08-31-2005 07:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmelm
Very weak proposal. I agree with salty justice: take out Exelby.

A fair proposal, IMO would be:

Datsyuk+Zetterberg+Fisher or Kronwall

That would be a decent starting point to form the basis of a deal. Although it's a hefty price, I would do that deal if I'm Detroit, but I'm not sure if I'd do that if I'm Atlanta.

One end of the spectrum to the other.

Spitfire11 08-31-2005 07:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CupDrought67
Judging from the proposals i've seen lately wings fans think datsyuk is the next Gretzky or something.

Don't bash Wings fans, all these proposals are by the same person...pull your head up.

shadoz19 08-31-2005 07:37 PM

Quote:

Check them out. They're from the same poster. :banghead: Cup4Wings

octopi 08-31-2005 07:39 PM

Quote:

Its mostly this one guy who makes all proposals.

interminded 09-01-2005 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by octopi
Its mostly this one guy who makes all proposals.

Maybe he should get his own board for all these proposals.. :shakehead

jmelm 09-01-2005 01:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shadoz19
One end of the spectrum to the other.

Do you actually think that Atlanta would trade Kovalchuk for Datsyuk + Zetterberg?

If your answer is NO, which it should be, you will see why Detroit would have to add something else to the deal.

Kenadyan 09-01-2005 12:27 PM

So basically Atlanta gives up it's best player (Kovalchuk) and it's best up-and-coming defenseman (Exelby) and in return gets a player that Detroit is trading out of desparation (Datsyuk - I use the word "desparation" because Detroit is unwilling to pay what he is asking and wants to get some value for him) and some used junk (Legace - career backup, Fischer - has he completely recovered from his knee injury?).

This is almost as bad as if I were to propose an offer of Sundin, Kaberle, and Tellqvist from Toronto for Kovalchuk and Exelby.

Waddell hangs up the phone on BOTH of these deals. And don't bother calling back, he'll call you if he's interested.