HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Boston Bruins (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   O'Connell: If we can sign Bergeron, he'll stay in Boston and not go back to juniors (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16800)

misterjaggers 10-04-2003 07:26 AM

O'Connell: If we can sign Bergeron, he'll stay in Boston and not go back to juniors

That's what Mike O'Connell just said on the NEHJ radio show. Also: can the Bs convince Zinoviev to play in Providence? And, with Travis Green on-board, will Rolston continue at center?

Zino's under the impression that the AHL lifestyle is a series of lousy bus rides to dinky rinks in dinky towns: his only point of reference probably the movie 'Slapshot' dubbed in Russian! (And he'll have no one to talk to in Providence since there are no Russian-speaking players there.) It's Zino's decision whether he stays or returns to the "superior" playing conditions in Siberia...

Bergeron and Green are superior puck-distributors and face-off winners.
Rolston isn't a natural center. Should he be a winger on one of the top two lines?

misterjaggers 10-04-2003 08:15 AM

Pressure on Berard to sign

Also, O'Connell is continuing to talk to Berard's agent, but with Travis Green coming on board, the salary pot is dwindling...

Magnus Fulgur 10-04-2003 08:50 AM

Zino

MOC should have Zino take a tour of Providence, the East Side, Atwells Ave, etc. and point out that most of Providence's games are against regional opponents in nice towns like Portland. They won't be going to Milkwaukee every day. Also, they should try to get Zino a decent translator and hook him up with the Russian community in the Providence area. Barring that, they should take him to the Russian Sub Museum in Providence. It ROCKS!!!

The last ditch effort should be breakfast at the Foxy Lady. :)

As for Bergeron, he forces the line up to go this way:

Murray Thornton Samsonov - Sammy is here b/c Knuble gives grit to #2
Rolston Bergeron Knuble - Rolston back where he belongs.
Axelsson Green Lapointe - 15g from all, 2-way game. This line rules.
Grosek Stock & McCarthy - The Law Firm line.
Zams and Samuelsson are the utlitly guys.

DKH 10-04-2003 09:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by wickedbsfan
MOC should have Zino take a tour of Providence, the East Side, Atwells Ave, etc. and point out that most of Providence's games are against regional opponents in nice towns like Portland. They won't be going to Milkwaukee every day. Also, they should try to get Zino a decent translator and hook him up with the Russian community in the Providence area. Barring that, they should take him to the Russian Sub Museum in Providence. It ROCKS!!!

The last ditch effort should be breakfast at the Foxy Lady. :)

MOC praised Providence- the problem is Zino watched Outside Providence on the flight over....and if the Foxy Lady parking lot isn't paved yet I'd say he's outa here. If Mo Vaughn spoke Russian he'd could take him under his wing.

They seem ready to do everything to try and convince him to give it some time in Providence. IF I was running the Broons I'd have some serious support in place to get this kid comfortable. I'd think there has to be some Ashley Judd look alike with speaks fluent Russian and loves hockey over at Harvard's School of Language (I'm making this up but there has to be one?)

misterjaggers 10-04-2003 09:30 AM

Providence IS a nice place

I agree. MOC should take him on tour of Providence--the Renaissance City--ride a gondala, tour the Russian sub, enjoy some fine Italian cuisine and wrap with a lap dance at the Foxy Lady!

Seriously, though, the Red Wings did a much better job of making their Russian players feel at home (until Kournikova screwed things up...)

chsb 10-04-2003 09:59 AM

There is a rumor out that Fleury was asked to play in Pittsburgh as long as he could agree on a contract with Craig patrick.His agent was reportedly asking 4.5 $M and was offered 1.5$M, so Fleury left Mario's house and returned home for the weekend.
I hope Bergeron's agent doesn't get into a snag like that.
My guess would be that a 2.7 $M package would do the trick in his case.
Do you think the Bruins would offer something in that range(including signing bonus)?

neelynugs 10-04-2003 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chsb
There is a rumor out that Fleury was asked to play in Pittsburgh as long as he could agree on a contract with Craig patrick.His agent was reportedly asking 4.5 $M and was offered 1.5$M, so Fleury left Mario's house and returned home for the weekend.
I hope Bergeron's agent doesn't get into a snag like that.
My guess would be that a 2.7 $M package would do the trick in his case.
Do you think the Bruins would offer something in that range(including signing bonus)?

it's hard to say what the b's will offer, but you can bet they won't be going overboard on the negotiations. bergeron is having a great camp, but remember that he was 45th overall pick (i think he was 45th). he will not be getting a contract similar to any of those top 1st rounders, and i'd imagine that OC will be fair, but stern. basically, tell patrice and his agent that this is a great opportunity, and the fair offer that's on the table is there- if the kid wants the NHL as badly as he says, he won't shoot for the moon.

BruinsGirl 10-04-2003 10:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by neelynugs
it's hard to say what the b's will offer, but you can bet they won't be going overboard on the negotiations. bergeron is having a great camp, but remember that he was 45th overall pick (i think he was 45th). he will not be getting a contract similar to any of those top 1st rounders, and i'd imagine that OC will be fair, but stern. basically, tell patrice and his agent that this is a great opportunity, and the fair offer that's on the table is there- if the kid wants the NHL as badly as he says, he won't shoot for the moon.

I'd say about 700,000 - 750,000 would be fair...What do you think? My be some bonuses.

Jeff from Maine 10-04-2003 10:37 AM

More than Jurcina!

He deserves MUCH more than 8th round pick Jurcina!

If Jurcina signed for as big a deal as he did, and Bergeron played as well as he has at an earlier time frame...

He deserves MORE than Jurcina!

Later

Magnus Fulgur 10-04-2003 10:49 AM

Jeff

Agreed, Bergeron should get more than any of our prospects. We should treat him right, and he'll treat us right back. He's such a keeper!

misterjaggers 10-04-2003 10:57 AM

Jurcina $?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jeff from Maine
He deserves MUCH more than 8th round pick Jurcina!

If Jurcina signed for as big a deal as he did, and Bergeron played as well as he has at an earlier time frame...

He deserves MORE than Jurcina!

Later

Jurcina signed a three year deal back in May before training camp. Do you think it was big bucks?

Also, the Bs (smartly) signed Hannu before camp to a three year contract...