HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Montreal Canadiens (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Proposal: Pacioretty for 1st-round pick (Ekblad) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1685503)

Naslund 06-07-2014 06:33 AM

Pacioretty for 1st-round pick (Ekblad)

What do you guys think? I know it would hurt losing Patches, but having the right-handed Ekblad behind Subban would complete an amazing top four good for at least 10 years.

Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Ekblad
XXX-XXX

Price

Natey 06-07-2014 06:45 AM

You'd have to give more than Pacioretty for the #1.

Team's overvalue picks, even in weak draft years.

Look at Toronto's apparent offer.

8th overall, Nazem Kadri, and Dion Phaneuf.

Montreal would have to do something like;

Pacioretty, Tinordi, 26th.

Ubercron9000* 06-07-2014 06:54 AM

A trade could be done if florida would be in a win now situation.

BaseballCoach 06-07-2014 08:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naslund (Post 86157621)
What do you guys think? I know it would hurt losing Patches, but having the right-handed Ekblad behind Subban would complete an amazing top four good for at least 10 years.

Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Ekblad
XXX-XXX

Price

Why stop there? We could then trade Ekblad for the top PeeWee AAA player in the country! Think how many decades we could talk about that guy (until he is traded for a Novice Elite player).

BaseballCoach 06-07-2014 08:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Naslund (Post 86157621)

Tinordi-Subban
Beaulieu-Ekblad
XXX-XXX

Price

Trade Lafleur to the Islanders for Mike Bossy as Amabassador

Chris Cutter 06-07-2014 08:06 AM

If Ekblad was a LD, I'd think about it because other wise it's stupid.

Lafleurs Guy 06-07-2014 08:13 AM

Max is 25. The new prospect would take years to get into the NHL and Price and Subban are in their prime now. Doesn't make a whole lot of sense to do this now. And if you're going to rebuild, you deal vets not 25 year old players.

Tyson 06-07-2014 08:20 AM

Let's trade a developed player we have seen grow since he was drafted 7 years who is now finally coming into his own. Check.

Ice Poutine 06-07-2014 08:27 AM

We already have defense prospects coming up so why trade for ANOTHER yet unproven D-man?? This smells more an 'NHL 2014' video game trade...

PS: and btw; in b4 lock

SakuSauce 06-07-2014 08:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by One Man Rock Band (Post 86157699)
You'd have to give more than Pacioretty for the #1.

Team's overvalue picks, even in weak draft years.

Look at Toronto's apparent offer.

8th overall, Nazem Kadri, and Dion Phaneuf.

Montreal would have to do something like;

Pacioretty, Tinordi, 26th.

Really? If a 39 goal scorer is not enough to land Ekblad/#1 pick, a prospect that will need years to develop...no teams should overpay for that.

1UP 06-07-2014 08:28 AM

The thing with Pacioretty isn't really just his skill level. It's his skill level in respect to his contract. As such, he's one of the players with the highest overall value to a team in the league.

You don't trade that for a pick, ever. A pick that might even end up worse than Pacioretty after all. Would not the first time in history a high draft pick would fail to meet expectations.

I mean, maybe if we just had a cup window that had closed. Maaaaybe. Instead, we're becoming a team that can maintain itself in the top 10 regularily. You don't trade your best goalscorer in that situation.

Camio 06-07-2014 08:53 AM

Panthers are building thru the draft. Habs arent in a rebuilding mode. From a Panthers POV, it makes no sense. From a Habs POV, it also makes no sense.

This isnt NHL 14.

Vi Nc E x13x 06-07-2014 08:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Camio (Post 86159089)
Panthers are building thru the draft. Habs arent in a rebuilding mode. From a Panthers POV, it makes no sense. From a Habs POV, it also makes no sense.

This isnt NHL 14.

Dis.

I always trade for malkin on nhl be a gm :sarcasm:

vokiel 06-07-2014 09:29 AM

GTFO :laugh:

Lose a top 3 winger for a #4 dman, I think you should realize your proposal is nuts.

Binary Code 06-07-2014 09:35 AM

Because we have sooooooooo many goal scorers on the team :sarcasm:

Habsfannick 06-07-2014 09:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vokiel (Post 86159567)
GTFO :laugh:

Lose a top 3 winger for a #4 dman, I think you should realize your proposal is nuts.

Right cause Ekblad will never be more than a #4D. Ekblad battles is a warrior on the ice plays with passion and has the tools to become the best Dman in the world.

I'll take the side less travelled Guy is right you don't win with guys that don't give it their all leading you. Max is suppose to be our best forward but is virtually invisible most of the time. He's easily the most overrated Hab on this team. If someone offers you something worth while for him this summer you jump on it.

pine* 06-07-2014 09:41 AM

Pacioretty sucks in the playoffs.

But this is not the trade to get rid of him

ThaDevilGirl 06-07-2014 09:41 AM

So... who would score goals?

pine* 06-07-2014 09:48 AM

Bourque

Habs 06-07-2014 10:03 AM

all of you new-found patches haters, suck immensely.

sventington 06-07-2014 10:06 AM

nevernevernevernever.

Kobe Armstrong 06-07-2014 10:07 AM

While it is a deal that doesn't make sense, saying that Ekblad is years away is ridiculous, he is the most NHL ready player in the draft.

Grant McCagg 06-07-2014 10:50 AM

If the Habs traded their most productive forward for the first pick - I'd be thinking it would be to replace that forward with another forward. The Habs would be looking at Bennett I would think...not Ekblad. The club has a number one dman and goalie...what they don't have is the number one center. Can Chucky be a number one center? Perhaps, but it's not etched in stone. He's look pretty damn fine on a line with Bennett and Gallagher in a couple of years.

The biggest draft need in this organization is a top-two center, and more specifically, a number one center. Bennett is the player who best projects to be a difference maker down the middle.

Anyway - I don't ever see this happening. You'd have to include a pick in the deal..likely the first rounder..for Florida to even entertain it.

Halifaxhab* 06-07-2014 10:53 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant McCagg (Post 86160963)
If the Habs traded their most productive forward for the first pick - I'd be thinking it would be to replace that forward. The Habs would be looking at Bennett I would think...not Ekblad.

The biggest draft need in this organization is a top-two center, and more specifically, a number one center. Bennett is the player who best projects to be a difference maker down the middle.

I agree with that. But I feel it would just be simpler to move Galchenyuk to his natural C position and keep our top line LW?

BigDaddyLurch 06-07-2014 10:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grant McCagg (Post 86160963)
If the Habs traded their most productive forward for the first pick - I'd be thinking it would be to replace that forward. The Habs would be looking at Bennett I would think...not Ekblad.

...just curious, Grant; do you faith in Galchenyuk's ability to take that position in a year or so??...