HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Chad Wiseman?? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16858)

majicpixie 10-04-2003 10:32 AM

Chad Wiseman??
 
Chad Wiseman has been with the Wolf Pack since 9-16-03, and he's still listed on the roster without a link or number. Yesterday morning his name was added to the current fan poll on the Cleveland Barons website about who will be the Barons' leading scorer this season. Is something in the works? Is he headed back to San Jose/Cleveland?

Edge 10-04-2003 10:46 AM

not that i know of its probably a mistake because someone forgot about the trade.

Mr Brownstone 10-04-2003 10:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majicpixie
Chad Wiseman has been with the Wolf Pack since 9-16-03, and he's still listed on the roster without a link or number. Yesterday morning his name was added to the current fan poll on the Cleveland Barons website about who will be the Barons' leading scorer this season. Is something in the works? Is he headed back to San Jose/Cleveland?

As a Barons fan, I hope so.

majicpixie 10-04-2003 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Edge
not that i know of its probably a mistake because someone forgot about the trade.


Well, I'm a web design student and "viewed source". The site is written in Java, and his name was added manually to each page. The webmaster is also the Barons PR man, so there's no way he could have forgotten about the trade.

He's one of five forwards listed without a number or link on the Pack website.

#37-#93-#27* 10-04-2003 11:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majicpixie
He's one of five forwards listed without a number or link on the Pack website.

I don't think that means anything. Who are the other 4 players?

majicpixie 10-04-2003 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
I don't think that means anything. Who are the other 4 players?


The other 4 players are:

Cullen
Cuthbert
Ortmeyer
Payne

#37-#93-#27* 10-04-2003 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majicpixie
The other 4 players are:

Cullen
Cuthbert
Ortmeyer
Payne

I would say it doesn't mean anything that they don't have a link or their numbers aren't there. Probably because they're new. I don't think they would cut Ortmeyer.

Barnaby 10-04-2003 01:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by #37-#93-#27
I would say it doesn't mean anything that they don't have a link or their numbers aren't there. Probably because they're new. I don't think they would cut Ortmeyer.

They wouldn't

Edge 10-04-2003 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majicpixie
Well, I'm a web design student and "viewed source". The site is written in Java, and his name was added manually to each page. The webmaster is also the Barons PR man, so there's no way he could have forgotten about the trade.

He's one of five forwards listed without a number or link on the Pack website.

Well one of two things has happened, either he knows something we all don't {possible} or he's sloppy at the job he does {also possible}.

As I myself am a public relations specialist i've seen both sides of the coin, but i can't imagine sather trading him back to the club after a few weeks.

Profet 10-04-2003 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majicpixie
Well, I'm a web design student and "viewed source". The site is written in Java, and his name was added manually to each page. The webmaster is also the Barons PR man, so there's no way he could have forgotten about the trade.

He's one of five forwards listed without a number or link on the Pack website.


I am a web designer....how can you know its written in Java? Secondly its probably just a template which gets filled in from a database...

As a web design student you should know that the "source" that is sent is just the end result of countless subroutines and there is no way to tell what is "manually" added.

majicpixie 10-05-2003 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profet
I am a web designer....how can you know its written in Java? Secondly its probably just a template which gets filled in from a database...

As a web design student you should know that the "source" that is sent is just the end result of countless subroutines and there is no way to tell what is "manually" added.


What I did was opened Internet Explorer, went to the Barons website, clicked on View at the top, then clicked on View Source. That opened up a notepad window with the HTML code, and the script type is Java.

Are you saying that the poll wasnít manually typed?

Chadís name was added to the choices but not to the results page, and if you vote for him your vote isnít accepted. It seems like theyíre waiting to add him to the results page. Just a thought.

majicpixie 10-05-2003 03:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Profet
I am a web designer....how can you know its written in Java? Secondly its probably just a template which gets filled in from a database...

As a web design student you should know that the "source" that is sent is just the end result of countless subroutines and there is no way to tell what is "manually" added.


OK....I'm not sure what happened to my last post, but I'll try it again.

What I did was opened Internet Explorer, went to the Barons website, clicked on View at the top, then clicked on View Source. That opened up a notepad window with the HTML code, and the script type is Java.

Are you saying that the poll wasnít manually typed?

Chadís name was added to the choices but not to the results page, and if you vote for him your vote isnít accepted. It seems like theyíre waiting to add him to the results page. Just a thought.

Bluenote13 10-05-2003 03:41 PM

:teach:

The square root of the proboscis is equal to the sum of the sinuses.

Profet 10-05-2003 09:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by majicpixie
What I did was opened Internet Explorer, went to the Barons website, clicked on View at the top, then clicked on View Source. That opened up a notepad window with the HTML code, and the script type is Java.

Are you saying that the poll wasnít manually typed?

Chadís name was added to the choices but not to the results page, and if you vote for him your vote isnít accepted. It seems like theyíre waiting to add him to the results page. Just a thought.

majicpixie check your PM's..

no his name was not manually typed...They probably wrote a perl or php script to just find the top players statistically that are on the team and create the poll....they probably just forgot to remove his name from the database when they did this.

Barnaby 10-05-2003 10:25 PM

Anyone else getting a headache?

When you guys need some help with Liberal Arts then give me a shout! :D

Liberal Arts student says "Save your time, and just see which jersey he's wearing in a week."

donpaulo 10-06-2003 12:23 AM

as a liberal arts person who also dabbles in comp sci and has business experience here is my 2 cents.
Wiseman was a fan favorite last year, so by adding his name and number to the site they land might a few more butts in the seats. (already mentioned as a possibility)
I doubt the PR 'guy' knows anything about a deal going down. If he did and leaked it on of all places a website, I suspect he would either be fired or kept out of the loop in future.
Just write it off as a wiseman fan, who was hoping to see him in Baron's gear and perhaps had one too many before finalizing the site.
Then again stranger things have happened.
From my understanding of websites its better to automate things via scripts or calls in order to do some of the grunt work. I am not aware of a way to check to see if something was manually added


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:48 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2015, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.