HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Toronto Maple Leafs (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=17)
-   -   OT: Hoglund Released (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16874)

Sundin13 10-04-2003 11:14 AM

OT: Hoglund Released

Florida Released Hoglund

I don't understand Dudely....first he loses one of the best young goalies on waivers (Hurme), who he gave two top tier prospects. Then he signs Hoglund and releases him a week afterwards.....Didn't he get a signing bonus?

Things that make you say hmmm.....

Epoch 10-04-2003 11:24 AM

poor Jonas.

Dudley sucks. If he is gonna release a player a week after signing him,what's the point of signing him?

DutchLeafsfan 10-04-2003 11:35 AM

So Jonas goes from 1st line to released in a matter of days? I just don't comprehend it, especially since I thought he was a solid signing for his salary as long as he was used in the right role.

Seeing how they got rid of Hurme and his salary I'd almost guess the Panthers are in some serious financial trouble, or else Dudley must have been using some funny stuff...

I really feel sorry for Jonas though, he finally seemed to have found a new place to start again and this happens. After seasons of receiving IMO unfair bashing because people expected more from him than was fair because he was placed on the first line by Quinn...

p.l.f. 10-04-2003 12:50 PM

was he released or put on waivers ?

p.l.f. 10-04-2003 01:09 PM

maybe he got offended by mike keenan in practice
"come on you swedish meatball get your *** moving!"

jonas spits at him and the rest is history

:rolly: :rolly: :rolly: :rolly:

Rand 10-04-2003 04:09 PM

I don't get this... they sign him a week ago, and we hear in the news he may be on their first line.
Then a month later they release him?

Nice waste of a signing bonus, not to mention it's certainly not going to create a positive atmosphere for players.
If they'll sign a guy, and release him in less then a month then I can't imagine too many free agents will be knocking on their door if they make a habit of treating FA's in such a manner.

After the mess he made of the waiver draft losing their #2 & #3 goalies... one of them being a very talented young player in Hurme I have to seriously question Dudley's abilities as a GM.

leaflover 10-04-2003 04:22 PM

I find it hard to believe that nobody can use Hoglund.He's ok as a 3/4 liner that can pot a few goals,and there is no shortage of teams that need a few more goals.

Rand 10-04-2003 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by w17glen
why did the release him?
because he is terrible.the leafs should of done that 4 years ago..end of story

Why sign him in that case?
It merely serves to create a bad impression for other players, and wastes the money spent in the signing bonus.

p.l.f. 10-04-2003 05:54 PM

right in the middle of the goalie hehe.
i could never understand it, maybe he was trying to create rebounds :dunno:

cellardweller 10-05-2003 09:08 AM

Is there any other teams interested in Hoglund? Right now it seems that heading back to Sweden might be an option this year.

FerrisRox 10-05-2003 10:43 AM

[QUOTE=Rand]I don't get this... they sign him a week ago, and we hear in the news he may be on their first line.
Then a month later they release him?

Nice waste of a signing bonus, not to mention it's certainly not going to create a positive atmosphere for players.

First of all, he wasn't signed a week ago, he was signed on September 4th.

Then he had a lousy training camp, and with players like Ivan Novoseltsev and Denis Shidvki not cracking the roster (and more skilled with more upside then Hoglund) they decided to release him.

Hoglund didn't deliver in camp.

As for the wasting of a signing bonus, I assure you a fringe player like Hoglund who's been released by the Leafs and looking for work into September, THERE IS NO SIGNING BONUS.

It's not Florida had to sweeten the pot to get him to sign!