HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Player Discussion: Keep one: Staal or Strålman? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1688589)

Inferno 06-12-2014 03:47 PM

Keep one: Staal or Strålman?

Strålman or Staal?

Poll coming in a second...

Crease 06-12-2014 03:50 PM

Breaks my heart that it is very likely one will not be on the team this time next year.

nyr2k2 06-12-2014 03:52 PM

It would really depend on what Stralman would command. If someone does something stupid and offers him $5.5 per or whatever, then yeah you keep Staal. If Stralman signed for something reasonable? Yeah, I'd be okay with moving Staal. I imagine he could fetch a very nice return.

silverfish 06-12-2014 03:56 PM

After last night's game? Girardi :sarcasm:

I think Stralman will get a pretty penny on the FA market. Even if we want to keep him, I think he'll get a better offer than Sather's max from someone. He's certainly earned it.

Despite our lack of depth on the right side, I keep Staal.

BlueshirtBlitz 06-12-2014 03:56 PM

Can we trade Klein for a 3rd or something and just put McIlrath into the lineup? Stralsy is too good to just let walk.

That's what i'd do if this was EHM. ;)

TheDave1022 06-12-2014 03:58 PM

Staal and it shouldnt even be close. Stralman is a number 2/3 at most. Staal is a 1/2. He is only the number 3 on rangers because of mcd.

NYR Viper 06-12-2014 03:59 PM

People aren't thinking about this correctly IMO.

Staal

or

Stralman + Assets recouped from trading Staal

KreiMeARiver* 06-12-2014 03:59 PM

Trade Girardi

Keep both

anything less would make me cry

Aufheben 06-12-2014 04:00 PM

Where's the "Trade Nash and Keep Both" option? :sarcasm:

Giacomin 06-12-2014 04:08 PM

Bring back Stu Bickel!

KreiMeARiver* 06-12-2014 04:10 PM

Who do we replace either with?

OT, but.... God, so annoying that we got all the way here and we have to play a team as good as LAK.

Why can't we go up against the 2005 Flames????? WHYYYYY???

bernmeister 06-12-2014 04:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR Viper (Post 86377363)

Staal
or

OR

keep Staal
trade somebody else for cap + assets recouped from trading somebody else:naughty:

pld459666 06-12-2014 04:15 PM

For me, it would depend on what I could get for Staal at the 2014 Draft.

If you told me I could pry Jamie McGinn and Duncan Siemens out of Colorado for Staal? I probably make that trade and re-sign Stralman

We would be addressing a need for some size behind Kreider at the LW position. He's also got some scoring potential and is young. And we get a defenceman with a pretty mean streak.

Would still need to address the PPQB issue as well as the center position.

bernmeister 06-12-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver (Post 86377369)
Trade Girardi

Keep both

anything less would make me cry

Makes the most sense NTC not withstanding.

Has more wear and tear
greater salary/cap hit
more valued than Stral "rights".

Don't be shy about further tweaking, maybe start w/Girardi, and depending on value, then again a signed Stralman --- depending, of course, on the returns.

But Girardi is step 1 here.

jerseyjinx94 06-12-2014 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYR Viper (Post 86377363)

Staal

or

or

Staal and Stralman.

jerseyjinx94 06-12-2014 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bernmeister (Post 86378059)
Makes the most sense NTC not withstanding.

Has more wear and tear
greater salary/cap hit
more valued than Stral "rights".

Don't be shy about further tweaking, maybe start w/Girardi, and depending on value, then again a signed Stralman --- depending, of course, on the returns.

But Girardi is step 1 here.

Girardi will NOT be traded. The guy just signed an extension. I would be utterly shocked if we dealt him this offseason.

GWOW 06-12-2014 04:24 PM

Staal is a great depth piece to have, which we saw in the first two rounds when the top pairing struggled.

I wouldnt be opposed to trading him for a huge return, and re-sign Stralman.

What about McIlrath? Where does he fit in?

To be honest, I wouldnt be opposed to trading Girardi in order to keep both Staal and Stralman.

That way, you can plug McIlrath or Klein in with Mcdonagh.

TeamStewie 06-12-2014 04:27 PM

I would say Staal but between the concussion issue and the eye you never know what could happen.

Calad 06-12-2014 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 86377233)
Can we trade Klein for a 3rd or something and just put McIlrath into the lineup? Stralsy is too good to just let walk.

Klein was very mediocre and invisible(in a good way) during the regular season. He's brought his A game all playoffs, his skating has gone to another level.

I keep Staal because he has more Talent and a much better Pedigree. I think Klein could step into the 2nd pair RHD slot well considering what we've seen this postseason. Gives McIlrath a chance to make the team out of camp next year.

Raspewtin 06-12-2014 05:25 PM

I voted Stralman. Marc is way too inconsistent lately for my liking. All season. He's had stretches where he looked like pure garbage, and then stretches where he looked like Chris Pronger. Stralman has games like that too where he looks like trash on fire, but far less often. He's also a better skater and infinitely better with the puck. Staal has no puck game at all anymore, and it kills any play he's involved in. It's not even defensive defenseman bad, it's "how the **** are you in the NHL?" bad. I'm not comfortable, at all, paying the kind of money Marc will command.

If Stralman will take less than 4.5, I keep him. That's my verdict.

JeffMangum 06-12-2014 05:26 PM

Stralman. More consistent, a better puck mover and, IMO, a much better fit for AV's system and preferred style of play. Adding in the potential return for Staal and the (very likely) lower salary of Stralman, and I consider it a no-brainer.

Raspewtin 06-12-2014 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BlueshirtBlitz (Post 86377233)

How about no......and Klein's worth a lot more than a 3rd.

For the first time in..........god knows how long we have a very good bottom pairing. Don't have any interest in ****ing with that.

mike14 06-12-2014 05:30 PM

First preference would be to move Girardi (and not just because of his recent play) as his contract is too long at too much but I can't see Slats doing that.

BlueshirtBlitz 06-12-2014 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raspewtin (Post 86380843)
How about no......and Klein's worth a lot more than a 3rd.

For the first time in..........god knows how long we have a very good bottom pairing. Don't have any interest in ****ing with that.

So you'd rather **** with our good top 4?

If you can move Klein (who's not on Stralsy's level) to keep Stralman, you do it. Simple as that.

CDiablo 06-12-2014 05:47 PM

Stralman only cause I think that Staal has been inconsistent and on the decline since the injury. Stralman has gotten a bit better an more consistent over time.