HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Vancouver Canucks (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=36)
-   -   I made a video (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=16890)

colonel_korn 10-04-2003 12:27 PM

I made a video

Yeah, so as a personal interest sort of thing I've been working on a Canucks highlight reel/music video in my spare time for the past month or so. I finally finished it yesterday, so I thought I'd share it.

Canucks Highlight Video 02-03 (39.5 MB, Right-click the link and choose 'save as' to download)

Note that I had to encode it as a DivX movie file to get it down to a reasonable size. (The original was 163 MB :o ) So, you will need the DivX codec to play it properly. If you only get audio with no video when you try to play it, you should download and install the codec package from this site.

Let me know what you guys think! :)

EDIT Looks like my friend (who's hosting the file) has had his bandwith run out for the day. So the link won't work right now. :-/

EDIT 2 Actually, the link may work sometimes, but it will be slow. ;)

Biggest Canuck Fan 10-04-2003 12:44 PM

Excellent choices of clips. Really liked how you ended it as well. Nice Job.

Jewelly 10-04-2003 12:51 PM

I'm still trying to get it to play. I'm working on it though.

incawg 10-04-2003 12:58 PM

Wow. Tremendous job! I was going to make one but I'm too lazy.

Really, really good work. I think I may send this over to my xbox so I can watch it on tv.

Gotta love those Marek Gretzky goals.

colonel_korn 10-04-2003 01:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incawg
Wow. Tremendous job! I was going to make one but I'm too lazy.

Really, really good work. I think I may send this over to my xbox so I can watch it on tv.

Gotta love those Marek Gretzky goals.

I dunno. Resolution will probably be pretty gross on a full screen, the video quality isn't great. Glad you liked it though. :)

LaVal 10-04-2003 01:01 PM

VERY nice :D

thanxz... it goes in the collection

incawg 10-04-2003 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colonel_korn
I dunno. Resolution will probably be pretty gross on a full screen, the video quality isn't great. Glad you liked it though. :)

Is there any chance that you'd be able to upload the original, uncompressed version somewhere?

colonel_korn 10-04-2003 01:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by incawg
Is there any chance that you'd be able to upload the original, uncompressed version somewhere?

No...it's too large. I'm even borrowing my friend's webspace for this smaller one :) . And actually, there's really no difference in quality between the two, DivX is just a much more efficient compression method than the one I initially used. The reason for the somewhat cruddy video quality is that all my source video files were just the streaming video from Canucks.com.

cyrisweb 10-04-2003 01:15 PM

that's pretty cool.
Ahh that was a nice goal by naslund.

thnx for sharing.

Jewelly 10-04-2003 01:29 PM

Okay, got it work finally. Wow, that was really great; great clips from last season. It sure gets you in the mood for the new season. :handclap:

Loved the Naslund end-to-end on the Sens', his dipsy doodle goal behind the net too, Bertuzzi's net crash, Cooke's hits and Malik's against the Wings.

That does it, I'm hiding my headset in my purse so I can listen to tonight's game. I'll be excusing myself from the dinner table more than the usual... if you know what I mean.

Thank goodness this is the last preseason game.

However, I'm missing Klatt already. :(

monster_bertuzzi 10-04-2003 01:38 PM

:handclap: :handclap: :handclap:

Jewelly 10-04-2003 01:40 PM

I enjoyed that so much I had to watch it again. :D

You should put that video on the Habs' board so they can check out Langdon in action.

CCF 10-04-2003 01:51 PM

Even after I downloaded that codec, I still didn't get an image. :dunno:

colonel_korn 10-04-2003 01:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCF
Even after I downloaded that codec, I still didn't get an image. :dunno:

Did you install it as well? The download is just for the .exe to install the codecs, you still have to run it to actually install them.

Edonator 10-04-2003 02:00 PM

I right click but all i see is save flash image and that's about it. Dang.

CCF 10-04-2003 02:01 PM

Quote:

Did you install it as well? The download is just for the .exe to install the codecs, you still have to run it to actually install them.

Yep, I installed them. Still nothing?

colonel_korn 10-04-2003 02:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CCF
Yep, I installed them. Still nothing?

*** codecs...such a pain. :rolleyes:

Well, I dunno really what to suggest...that codec package should have the correct one but maybe Windows Media Player or whatever you're using to play it doesn't recognize it. If you can't get it to work you can get ahold of me on MSN Messenger (tdhumphr@hotmail.com) and I could send you the original 160MB one...it's not a DivX so it should play on any Windows PC.

Jewelly 10-04-2003 02:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by great_one98
I right click but all i see is save flash image and that's about it. Dang.

Really? When I right click the link I have an option to 'Save Target' and then the thing just automatically downloads.

I also had to download the 'codec'... it automatically saved to my desktop and then I clicked on it and installed it too.

SedinFan* 10-04-2003 02:33 PM

20% is where mine's at right now.

colonel_korn 10-04-2003 02:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnergizerScotty
20% is where mine's at right now.

I dunno if it will finish...Like I said in my edit above, a friend is hosting this for me and he *thought* he had unlimited bandwidth...but apparently that's not the case. :joker: I don't know how long the link will be down for.

kmad 10-04-2003 02:38 PM

That video had me in tears :handclap:

Jewelly 10-04-2003 02:42 PM

Quote:

I dunno if it will finish...Like I said in my edit above, a friend is hosting this for me and he *thought* he had unlimited bandwidth...but apparently that's not the case. :joker: I don't know how long the link will be down for.

Get a new friend! :joker:

SedinFan* 10-04-2003 02:54 PM

77%

Jewelly 10-04-2003 02:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by EnergizerScotty
77%

By the time that thing loads for you, the Colonel will have next season's clips ready! :lol:

Mr. Canucklehead 10-04-2003 02:57 PM

What are these "Codecs" and where can I get them? I'm downloading the video(it's at 6% :p) but if I need these Codecs I'd like to get started on them as well...

~Canucklehead~