HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Some interesting names (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1693487)

surf 06-20-2014 10:51 PM

Some interesting names
 
Take a stroll down memory lane...Some of these names will bring back good and bad memories especially for the older crowd



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...rs_draft_picks

Lundsanity30 06-20-2014 11:01 PM

Cherapanov :(

The one 1st rounder we got right... sigh

edit.. Staal and Kreider have been good though.

Barbara Underhill 06-21-2014 10:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lundsanity30 (Post 86738069)
Cherapanov :(

The one 1st rounder we got right... sigh

edit.. Staal and Kreider have been good though.

With all due respect to Cherepanov it's hard to say that's the only first rounder they got right especially considering we don't know what he would have done in the NHL. He sure was promising though.

Was there no one else available in '94? Take Cloutier in the first with Richter as the starter. Lol.

surf 06-21-2014 12:34 PM

I had no idea we drafted Eric Boulton and Sylvan Blouin was one tough customer

surf 06-21-2014 12:35 PM

I would love to have a Mark Jannsens type 4th line center on this team

Swept In Seven 06-21-2014 04:22 PM

Oh the tantalizing Christian Dube. We are all still sitting here in Rangerland waiting for his to develop in to one of the best in the league

0ddManRush 06-21-2014 05:33 PM

Man, I'm looking at Anthony Duclair, our 3rd round pick from last year. He was first team all-star this year in the QMJHL with 50 goals and 49 assists. :amazed:

Hope he continues that production.

TeamStewie 06-21-2014 06:18 PM

I'm always leery about the Quebec league. He's young though so hopefully he can keep it up.

UAGoalieGuy 06-21-2014 07:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill (Post 86746327)
With all due respect to Cherepanov it's hard to say that's the only first rounder they got right especially considering we don't know what he would have done in the NHL. He sure was promising though.

Was there no one else available in '94? Take Cloutier in the first with Richter as the starter. Lol.

Could have selected Elias who went towards the end of the second round!

Joey Bones 06-21-2014 08:14 PM

And then there's Hugh Speciman..... :shakehead:shakehead

Barbara Underhill 06-21-2014 08:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TeamStewie (Post 86760179)
I'm always leery about the Quebec league. He's young though so hopefully he can keep it up.

Why is this? Please don't say because it's a high scoring defenseless league...

Amazing Kreiderman 06-21-2014 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 0ddManRush (Post 86758789)
Man, I'm looking at Anthony Duclair, our 3rd round pick from last year. He was first team all-star this year in the QMJHL with 50 goals and 49 assists. :amazed:

Hope he continues that production.

Only 9 points less than Drouin, 3rd overall pick the same draft year. I think Duclair was a great pick by Rangers management. He could be a player with great upside. I hope he makes the team next year (2015-16).

Inferno 06-22-2014 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman (Post 86768457)
Only 9 points less than Drouin, 3rd overall pick the same draft year. I think Duclair was a great pick by Rangers management. He could be a player with great upside. I hope he makes the team next year (2015-16).

Drouin also played 13 fewer games than Duclair.

their PPG:

Drouin: 2.35
Duclair: 1.68
Mantha: 2.105


That tells a different story.

Amazing Kreiderman 06-22-2014 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barbara Underhill (Post 86763743)
Why is this? Please don't say because it's a high scoring defenseless league...

These are some stats of the 2013-14 seasons in all 3 CHL leagues. QMJHL is not really a high scoring league compared to the OHL, where guys like Bennett, Domi, McDavid and Dal Colle are playing.

OHL: 4832 goals in 680 games (7.1 goals per game average)
WHL: 4918 goals in 792 games (6.2 goals per game average)
QMJHL: 4074 goals in 612 games (6.6 goals per game average)

Amazing Kreiderman 06-22-2014 12:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno (Post 86768599)
Drouin also played 13 fewer games than Duclair.

their PPG:

Drouin: 2.35
Duclair: 1.68
Mantha: 2.105


That tells a different story.

Agreed, but he still performs quite well for a 3rd round pick, considering we didn't have a 1st rounder that year

showjaxx 06-22-2014 12:22 AM

Speaking of Rangers draft picks:

The leading goal scorer drafted by Sather - Ryan Callahan with 138 goals (132 with the Rangers) in 8 NHL seasons.

The leading point producer drafted by Sather - Defenseman Marek Zidlicky with 367 points in 11 NHL seasons.

Marek Zidlicky has never played in an NHL game for the New York Rangers

Inferno 06-22-2014 12:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman (Post 86768713)
Agreed, but he still performs quite well for a 3rd round pick, considering we didn't have a 1st rounder that year

absolutely agreed...i just think bringing up his point production compared to Drouin is a little unfair, and needed clarification...so i brought it on myself to do so....because im annoying like that.


:yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

Inferno 06-22-2014 12:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showjaxx (Post 86768859)
Speaking of Rangers draft picks:

The leading goal scorer drafted by Sather - Ryan Callahan with 138 goals (132 with the Rangers) in 8 NHL seasons.

The leading point producer drafted by Sather - Defenseman Marek Zidlicky with 367 points in 11 NHL seasons.

Marek Zidlicky has never played in an NHL game for the New York Rangers

The leader in every goaltending statistic by a New York Ranger, also drafted by Glen Sather.

Amazing Kreiderman 06-22-2014 12:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno (Post 86768905)
absolutely agreed...i just think bringing up his point production compared to Drouin is a little unfair, and needed clarification...so i brought it on myself to do so....because im annoying like that.


:yo::yo::yo::yo::yo:

You remind me of my ex-wife haha. But, you're right. I didn't really look into GP, just the points. Still, in the QMJHL, getting close to 100 points is quite the accomplishment. As stated earlier, it's not the highest-scoring league in the CHL.

showjaxx 06-22-2014 12:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno (Post 86768925)
The leader in every goaltending statistic by a New York Ranger, also drafted by Glen Sather.

Quote:

He was the GM and president at the 2000 NHL Draft, but it was former assistant GM Don Maloney, with advice from former European scout Christer Rockstrom, who made the decision to choose Henrik Lundqvist in the seventh round with the 205th pick.
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=721655

Barbara Underhill 06-22-2014 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amazing Kreiderman (Post 86768649)
These are some stats of the 2013-14 seasons in all 3 CHL leagues. QMJHL is not really a high scoring league compared to the OHL, where guys like Bennett, Domi, McDavid and Dal Colle are playing.

OHL: 4832 goals in 680 games (7.1 goals per game average)
WHL: 4918 goals in 792 games (6.2 goals per game average)
QMJHL: 4074 goals in 612 games (6.6 goals per game average)

That's the point I was waiting to make, however the poster never replied to me.

Inferno 06-22-2014 08:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by showjaxx (Post 86769323)

which only proves, if you want to credit Maloney/Gorton/Clarke, etc

Then THEY get the blame when prospects fail, NOT the GM.

BringBackLibertys 06-22-2014 09:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Inferno (Post 86795059)
which only proves, if you want to credit Maloney/Gorton/Clarke, etc

Then THEY get the blame when prospects fail, NOT the GM.

Exactly, don't give the assistant GM credit for one pick but no blame for any of the others. Any either all of you guys are real young, or you are not looking back in your memory much. The only 1st rounder we got right... (says the Cherapanov fan)

Did we not draft Leech in the first round? How about, oh...Brad Park (doesn't matter where they ended up, we drafted well). Rick Middleton, yup...Steve Vickers, that guy stunk, right? Both Maloney brothers, the list goes on and on.

Tawnos 06-22-2014 09:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Swept In Seven (Post 86756851)
Oh the tantalizing Christian Dube. We are all still sitting here in Rangerland waiting for his to develop in to one of the best in the league

Too bad they had him bulk up so much.

ReggieDunlop68 06-23-2014 12:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BringBackLibertys (Post 86797817)
Exactly, don't give the assistant GM credit for one pick but no blame for any of the others. Any either all of you guys are real young, or you are not looking back in your memory much. The only 1st rounder we got right... (says the Cherapanov fan)

Did we not draft Leech in the first round? How about, oh...Brad Park (doesn't matter where they ended up, we drafted well). Rick Middleton, yup...Steve Vickers, that guy stunk, right? Both Maloney brothers, the list goes on and on.

Nope! That's pretty much the list since the 70s.


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:19 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.