HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Los Angeles Kings (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=42)
-   -   Center Ice help (for Charter cable customers) (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=169409)

prtebvr 09-06-2005 12:43 PM

Center Ice help (for Charter cable customers)
 
I called Charter last night to see if/when they were going to offer the CI package. They're not. But the lady did say to e-mail them and request it, as the company does respond to requests and perhaps, maybe, they will offer it.
I e-mailed them today. If anyone in Long Beach, or anywhere, has Charter Cable, PLEASE e-mail them and ask them to carry Center Ice.

hockeyinsd 09-06-2005 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prtebvr
I called Charter last night to see if/when they were going to offer the CI package. They're not. But the lady did say to e-mail them and request it, as the company does respond to requests and perhaps, maybe, they will offer it.
I e-mailed them today. If anyone in Long Beach, or anywhere, has Charter Cable, PLEASE e-mail them and ask them to carry Center Ice.

Good luck with that one. From what I understand, the cable provider has to sell the package to a minimum number of people in order to offer it. So they probably couldn't meet the minimum. My parents ran into the same problem in Avalon, so they just got satellite instead.

prtebvr 09-06-2005 03:38 PM

That's not good. Dad won't buy satellite. I tried before. I'll have to ask Charter about that one.
Thanks for the info.

hockeyinsd 09-06-2005 05:46 PM

Any particular reason why he won't buy satellite? I for years thought that satellite wasn't my cup of tea, but after getting DISH Network, I've never been happier. Is it price, because you can get it for free these days.

prtebvr 09-06-2005 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyinsd
Any particular reason why he won't buy satellite? I for years thought that satellite wasn't my cup of tea, but after getting DISH Network, I've never been happier. Is it price, because you can get it for free these days.

I don't really think it is the price. With all the stuff we have w/Charter, it comes out the be about the same. It might have something to do with his high-speed cable for the computer. Not sure, though.

hockeyinsd 09-06-2005 06:28 PM

I understand, just keep emailing them and cross your fingers. You also might want to try and email the NHL regarding this. They may be able to help you out. I know when I was having some games blacked out down in San Diego that shouldn't have been blacked out on Center Ice, I emailed the NHL and they actually called me to discuss the problem. It never did get solved (well, it did, I went to satellite), but they were very helpful with everything.

prtebvr 09-06-2005 11:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyinsd
I understand, just keep emailing them and cross your fingers. You also might want to try and email the NHL regarding this. They may be able to help you out. I know when I was having some games blacked out down in San Diego that shouldn't have been blacked out on Center Ice, I emailed the NHL and they actually called me to discuss the problem. It never did get solved (well, it did, I went to satellite), but they were very helpful with everything.

I'll e-mail them now. Thanks!

prtebvr 09-07-2005 08:54 PM

Hockeyinsd-you appear to be right...it IS a numbers thing. I spoke to a manager at Charter this afternoon and they don't have enough people who want CI now.
HF/LGK people/anybody, if you have Charter Communication for your cable company, PLEASE call them and request Center Ice. If they get enough people asking for it, they may add it, last minute.
PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE call Charter. WE NEED OUR HOCKEY.

thanks :)

Beauty, eh? 09-08-2005 02:51 PM

I just called to complain....the lady I talked to said it for sure won't be available this year, but if they get enough people wanting it, they will have it next year.

Sucks... :shakehead

Maynard 09-08-2005 03:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prtebvr
I don't really think it is the price. With all the stuff we have w/Charter, it comes out the be about the same. It might have something to do with his high-speed cable for the computer. Not sure, though.

Charter cable internet is only $10 more per month if you don't subscribe to their cable tv service. Tell pops that directv is better, clearer picture (from most reports, including me), free installation, he can keep his cable internet and you'll throw him the $10 so he breaks pretty much even.

prtebvr 09-08-2005 03:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kevin
Charter cable internet is only $10 more per month if you don't subscribe to their cable tv service. Tell pops that directv is better, clearer picture (from most reports, including me), free installation, he can keep his cable internet and you'll throw him the $10 so he breaks pretty much even.


Reeeaaaly??? I'll definitely have to look into that. Thanks!!

Maynard 09-08-2005 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prtebvr
Reeeaaaly??? I'll definitely have to look into that. Thanks!!

Yep. Charter cable internet is $29.99/ month of you're a customer $39.99 if you're not. Plus DirecTV is much more flexible with their packages and everything so depending on if you want movie channels you might even save money overall anyway.

prtebvr 09-08-2005 11:55 PM

Great info, but dad won't budge :(
It could be worse...at least I have FSN and OLN. And a new sports bar in the neighborhood. Guess I'll be spending a lot of time up there...


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:42 PM.

vBulletin Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
HFBoards.com, A property of CraveOnline, a division of AtomicOnline LLC ©2009 CraveOnline Media, LLC. All Rights Reserved.