HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Soin, Shafigulin, Sulzer? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=170118)

LadyByngJeanRatelle 09-08-2005 09:49 PM

Soin, Shafigulin, Sulzer?

Hey guys,

Just wondering if there are any plans to bring Soin, Shafigulin or Sulzer over to N.A. anytime soon. I believe under the new CBA, they qualify as UFA's after this year, if Nashville doesn't sign them ( I could be wrong ).

Shafigulin impressed me alot at the World Juniors. His all-round game looked NHL ready IMO.

Sulzer, I believe was in N.A. for a prospects camp at some point in the last year or two. Has he gotten over the mugging incident??

Soin, after being picked from Colorado, doesn't seem like he's ever going to cross to N.A.

Anyone else think these 3 will come over? thoughts?

dulzhok 09-08-2005 09:53 PM

What under the new CBA makes these guys a UFA after this year?

Poile has been trying to get Soin over here for a while (and Setzinger and Widing). I think they'd be open to Shafigulin coming to Milwaukee next year. Sulzer, maybe, I guess it depends on his play this year.

LadyByngJeanRatelle 09-08-2005 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
What under the new CBA makes these guys a UFA after this year?

Poile has been trying to get Soin over here for a while (and Setzinger and Widing). I think they'd be open to Shafigulin coming to Milwaukee next year. Sulzer, maybe, I guess it depends on his play this year.

I was under the understanding that Europeans would have the same 2 year signing period as CHL players. This kicks in at the end of next year, and all 3 players would have already served their 2 years (unless Nashville signs them of course ). I could be wrong though.

dulzhok 09-09-2005 12:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LadyByngJeanRatelle
I was under the understanding that Europeans would have the same 2 year signing period as CHL players. This kicks in at the end of next year, and all 3 players would have already served their 2 years (unless Nashville signs them of course ). I could be wrong though.

I haven't heard that, but that doens't mean anything. Has anyone else?

2 years to sign Euros would be extremely difficult, IMO.

barrytrotzsneck 09-09-2005 03:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dulzhok
I haven't heard that, but that doens't mean anything. Has anyone else?

2 years to sign Euros would be extremely difficult, IMO.

it is true. euros are like all other players now. you only retain their rights for two years.

triggrman 09-09-2005 08:01 AM

Does it count for all Euros or just the ones drafted under then new CBA?

barrytrotzsneck 09-09-2005 01:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by triggrman
Does it count for all Euros or just the ones drafted under then new CBA?

that's the million dollar question and the answer to whether or not we hold richard stehlik's rights anymore. i've been told we don't, but you'd think it would be noted somewhere.