HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   New York Rangers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Next HFNYR Player Ranking Project: Top 6 Goalies (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1705271)

Crease 07-07-2014 07:53 AM

Next HFNYR Player Ranking Project: Top 6 Goalies

Getting that itch again...

With the playoffs, the draft, and free agency behind us I figure this would be a good time to gauge the interest level in doing a Goalies project. Two months until training camp, and I can't take any more Tanner Glass discussion :laugh:

We've ranked Centers, Wingers, and Defensemen.

I'm not asking for anyone's commitment today. Just wanted to use this thread to get a sense of whether we'd have enough contributors to make it worthwhile to proceed with the Preliminary Discussion thread. Post in this thread if you are interested, or have any questions about the process.

Zil 07-07-2014 09:14 AM

This is the position for which we actually have a suitably impressive list of candidates: Lundqvist, Giacomin, Richter, Vanbiesbrouck, Worsley, Rayner, Davidson, and Kerr.

Greg02 07-07-2014 02:37 PM

I was just thinking about this the other day. I'm interested.

Ratelleitlikeitis 07-07-2014 04:10 PM

Count me in!

eco's bones 07-07-2014 05:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crease (Post 87766617)
Getting that itch again...

With the playoffs, the draft, and free agency behind us I figure this would be a good time to gauge the interest level in doing a Goalies project. Two months until training camp, and I can't take any more Tanner Glass discussion :laugh:

We've ranked Centers, Wingers, and Defensemen.

I'm not asking for anyone's commitment today. Just wanted to use this thread to get a sense of whether we'd have enough contributors to make it worthwhile to proceed with the Preliminary Discussion thread. Post in this thread if you are interested, or have any questions about the process.

We should have a poll someday on best 4th liners ever.:)

Pretty much the goalie discussion starts with Lundqvist. I know he hasn't won a cup like Richter but he's easily IMO the best Rangers goaltender ever. In any case it's very hard to judge Kerr, Rayner and Worsley having never seen them as Rangers. I do remember Worsley as a North Star. I remember him without his mask and I also remember him getting hit in the face by a slap shot from Larry Sacharuk from center ice. Sacharuk pretty much sucked but he had an absolute bomb of a shot if you let him get it off. If I remember Worsley put a mask on towards the tail end of his career. I don't remember if he was wearing it that night.

Giacomin and Richter definitely a level above both Davidson and Beezer. Giacomin's in the HOF. Hard to argue with those kind of credentials. Richter was an absolute warrior and the only Rangers goalie to win a cup in my lifetime.

mike14 07-08-2014 10:03 PM

In

#1 Aitkenhead :)

Chief 07-08-2014 11:29 PM

I'm in. This one is going to be real interesting. I see some already undervaluing Vanbiesbrouk.

LyNX27 07-09-2014 01:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chief (Post 87840013)
I'm in. This one is going to be real interesting. I see some already undervaluing Vanbiesbrouk.

This, big time.

Crease 07-09-2014 07:36 AM

Great, guys. A couple more volunteers and I think we'd have the minimum to go forward.

Raspewtin 07-09-2014 09:26 AM

I'd like to give it a shot.

Gardner McKay 07-09-2014 11:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raspewtin (Post 87848065)
I'd like to give it a shot.

Im in as well. I stayed away from some of the others but I think I can give a solid contribution to the our goaltender rankings.

KreiMeARiver* 07-09-2014 12:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zil (Post 87768041)
This is the position for which we actually have a suitably impressive list of candidates: Lundqvist, Giacomin, Richter, Vanbiesbrouck, Worsley, Rayner, Davidson, and Kerr.

/thread

Greg02 07-09-2014 12:30 PM

We're missing bern and Cake or Death out of the people that did the previous three, right?

Crease 07-09-2014 12:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg02 (Post 87855481)
We're missing bern and Cake or Death out of the people that did the previous three, right?

Richter Scale, as well. Glad that we have some newcomers, though.

Kane One 07-09-2014 06:09 PM

I'd also like to do this one.

bernmeister 07-09-2014 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by KreiMeARiver (Post 87854741)
/thread

no /thread.

Lucy, you just so ridiculous!!!

While extending full props to the great names mentioned, Gilles Villemure says hi!

bernmeister 07-09-2014 06:44 PM

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Also, before I forget, kudos to Crease who really puts himself out with these things.

:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

Crease 07-10-2014 01:16 PM

Sounds like we're going to have a nice mix of old and new contributors. I'll leave this up until the end of the week, then replace it with the Preliminary Discussion thread.

Made Dan 07-10-2014 01:17 PM

I'll have a go