HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Trade Rumors and Free Agent Talk (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Proposal: Positional Swap: Baertschi for B. Bennett (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=1706403)

ForeverFlameFan 07-09-2014 10:58 AM

Positional Swap: Baertschi for B. Bennett

:pens
Sven Baertschi

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...vid=nhl-search

:flames
Beau Bennett

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id...vid=nhl-search

Pens need some LWers. I think Baertschi would play well on the wing for Malkin, and the Flames desperately need more RW's. I like B. Bennett, and I'd be willing to trade one of our best wingers for him.

It'd be a straight up trade, I feel that they have the same value. I know I've brought this up before, but I think it makes sense for both teams.

Captain Hook 07-09-2014 11:01 AM

Bennett plays either wing. Kind of a pointless trade unless Johnston really wants Baertschi since he had him in junior.

iFishyHD 07-09-2014 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Hook (Post 87851195)
Bennett plays either wing.

Yeah, and Tocchet wants him on the right side.

Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett
Dupuis-Geno-Horny

It's not bad, depends if you would rather have Downie or Dupuis in the top 6. I might do it, but its just ok.

I would be interested for Baertschi for a defenseman though.

ForeverFlameFan 07-09-2014 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iFishyHD (Post 87851293)
Yeah, and Tocchet wants him on the right side.

Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett
Dupuis-Geno-Horny

It's not bad, depends if you would rather have Downie or Dupuis in the top 6. I might do it, but its just ok.

I would be interested for Baertschi for a defenseman though.

Well you're in luck! Our defenseman pool could use some work. We definitely need a RHD, but wouldn't mind a LHD either. I like Pouliot too, but I know we'd need to add with Baertschi.

ForeverFlameFan 07-09-2014 11:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Captain Hook (Post 87851195)
Bennett plays either wing. Kind of a pointless trade unless Johnston really wants Baertschi since he had him in junior.

I totally forgot Johnston had Sven... Even makes the trade make even more sense than what I thought.

Skobel24 07-09-2014 11:11 AM

Baertschi has enough upside still that it would be a mistake to give up on him already. I'd rather keep him.

InfinityIggy 07-09-2014 11:12 AM

I don't really like trading prospects for prospects, but Baertschi for one of Pitt's Dmen makes sense.

Kiss My Rask 07-09-2014 11:13 AM

I got real confused, I thought OP wanted Sam Bennett on the wing and Sven at C lol

ForeverFlameFan 07-09-2014 11:13 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skobel24 (Post 87851541)
Baertschi has enough upside still that it would be a mistake to give up on him already. I'd rather keep him.

As I said on our board, I am very high on him too. But Bennett would help us add another right handed shot into our lineup.

iFishyHD 07-09-2014 11:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan (Post 87851471)
Well you're in luck! Our defenseman pool could use some work. We definitely need a RHD, but wouldn't mind a LHD either. I like Pouliot too, but I know we'd need to add with Baertschi.

Johnson had Pouliot, so I dont see us moving him. Harrington is a lefty, but plays the right side, Harrington+pick?
Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan (Post 87851535)
I totally forgot Johnston had Sven... Even makes the trade make even more sense than what I thought.

Yeah, its also keeps our cap hit down.

Martin and Scuderi are also available.

Vokouna Maattata 07-09-2014 11:19 AM

Would Despres for Baertschi work?

ForeverFlameFan 07-09-2014 11:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vokouna Maattata (Post 87851825)
Would Despres for Baertschi work?

I think you guys would slightly add.

Vokouna Maattata 07-09-2014 11:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan (Post 87851941)
I think you guys would slightly add.

Yeah I think that wouldn't be a problem. Maybe Baertschi for Despres and a RW prospect like Rust (3rd rounder in 2010)?

ForeverFlameFan 07-09-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vokouna Maattata (Post 87852037)
Yeah I think that wouldn't be a problem. Maybe Baertschi for Despres and a RW prospect like Rust (3rd rounder in 2010)?

The problem with the Flames is that we are stacked at top end LW's, and imo need to move one to get top end talent from the other end (which I don't think Rust fits the bill for that). We lack RW's, Solid defensive prospects, and right handed shooters. Baertschi is one of our top prospects and can use a change of scenery, especially because Johnny Gaudreau is knocking at his door to taking his NHL spot. Nothing against Baertschi, he still has great talent, he just needs to find a team that could use a LWer and get some playing time.
So far:

Baertschi < Pouliot (CGY adds)
Baertschi = B. Bennett
Baertschi > Despres (PIT adds)

iFishyHD 07-09-2014 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vokouna Maattata (Post 87852037)

Sundqvist?

Vokouna Maattata 07-09-2014 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by iFishyHD (Post 87852381)
Sundqvist?

I thought he was a center.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan (Post 87852373)
The problem with the Flames is that we are stacked at top end LW's, and imo need to move one to get top end talent from the other end (which I don't think Rust fits the bill for that). We lack RW's, Solid defensive prospects, and right handed shooters. Baertschi is one of our top prospects and can use a change of scenery, especially because Johnny Gaudreau is knocking at his door to taking his NHL spot. Nothing against Baertschi, he still has great talent, he just needs to find a team that could use a LWer and get some playing time.
So far:

Baertschi < Pouliot (CGY adds)
Baertschi = B. Bennett
Baertschi > Despres (PIT adds)

The thing is that I don't think the difference between Baertschi and Despres is that big. The Pens 5 best RW prospects are Kapanen, Bennett, Archibald, Megna (he's a RW, regardless of what HF says) and Zoblin. Other than Zoblin, I think any of those guys and Despres is too much for Baertschi. The highest I would go is Zoblin and Despres for Baertschi, and I would only reluctantly do that.

ForeverFlameFan 07-09-2014 11:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vokouna Maattata (Post 87852651)

The thing is that I don't think the difference between Baertschi and Despres is that big. The Pens 5 best RW prospects are Kapanen, Bennett, Archibald, Megna (he's a RW, regardless of what HF says) and Zoblin. Other than Zoblin, I think any of those guys and Despres is too much for Baertschi. The highest I would go is Zoblin and Despres for Baertschi, and I would only reluctantly do that.

Please don't tell me that you think Bennett has more value than Baertschi.

snipetype 07-09-2014 11:45 AM

Bennett is decent. But Sven has A LOT more potential. The only players I would deal Sven for on Pitt are Maata and Pouliot. Doubt it happens.

Vokouna Maattata 07-09-2014 11:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ForeverFlameFan (Post 87852727)
Please don't tell me that you think Bennett has more value than Baertschi.

No there essentially the same. I don't think Despres is much less valuable than Bennett, either.

Haatley 07-09-2014 12:19 PM

FFF why are you always trying to trade Sven?

PPenguins724 07-09-2014 12:21 PM

http://animusempire.com/wp-content/u...ThumbsDown.jpg

Makes no sense to me. F for F gets nothing done. We haven't seen enough of Beau yet to know.

CanadienShark 07-09-2014 12:25 PM

Something around Sven for Jason Demers? A relatively young top 4 RHD for a prospect who I think still has very good potential, but perhaps a change of scenery is order.

Baertschi - Thornton - Pavelski
Marleau - Couture - Nieto
Torres - Hertl - Wingels
4th line

Vlasic - Burns
XXXX - Braun
Irwin/Mueller - XXXX

Obviously we'd have to move Niemi then to fill a need on defence. Perhaps Tennyson on the bottom RHD spot.

ForeverFlameFan 07-09-2014 12:29 PM

Demers for Baertschi? A lot of you are underrating Baertschi. Flames would need a top RW or defenseman back in return.

snipetype 07-09-2014 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CanadienShark (Post 87855187)
Something around Sven for Jason Demers? A relatively young top 4 RHD for a prospect who I think still has very good potential, but perhaps a change of scenery is order.

Baertschi - Thornton - Pavelski
Marleau - Couture - Nieto
Torres - Hertl - Wingels
4th line

Vlasic - Burns
XXXX - Braun
Irwin/Mueller - XXXX

Obviously we'd have to move Niemi then to fill a need on defence. Perhaps Tennyson on the bottom RHD spot.

I'm intrigued. However, I really like what the flames are doing. We have a ton of high potential young guy. And i think we should just hold onto them for a few more years. If they don't pan out, Owell. If he can refind his 94 pts in 47 game brilliance that he has shown in the past, the Flames could have a very high power offence.
Look at Detroit they always hold onto their prospects until they are like 26.

Flames Fanatic 07-09-2014 12:38 PM

I really want to hang onto Sven. At least for one more year.