HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Philadelphia Flyers (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   2005-06 Philadelphia Eagles Season thread (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=170793)

GameFace247SON 07-29-2005 07:48 PM

Official Philadelphia Eagles 2005 Thread!!!

Jerome McDougle got shot before training camp. Worse sign than the Madden Curse? :cry:

FlyHigh 07-29-2005 11:19 PM

TO controversey + Simon issues + HOCKEY SEASON = Not very excited for football season.

Nikkowar 07-29-2005 11:46 PM

I was going to start one,thanks for doing the job! :handclap:
So.........I was going to get a job at the stadium,but then again,i don't like the stadium very much.

GameFace247SON 07-31-2005 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyHigh
TO controversey + Simon issues + HOCKEY SEASON = Not very excited for football season.

T.O. has no choice but to play, and play well. Same with Simon, holdouts will ultimately do them no favors. Guess they forgot which team they had contracts with. :loony:

Jaysus 08-01-2005 09:20 AM

E-a-g-l-e-s
Eagles!

GKJ 08-01-2005 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GameFace247SON
T.O. has no choice but to play, and play well. Same with Simon, holdouts will ultimately do them no favors. Guess they forgot which team they had contracts with. :loony:

Sometimes the teams forget they have contracts with the players when they terminate them.

In 2 years there is probably going to be a strike, which has been long time coming because despite how much NFL players make, with their contracts they get screwed because they are not guarenteed. They won't lose a whole season because of how much pressure they will get from TV networks, but it could be ugly.

After this season the NFL loses their salary cap, they would play without one in 2006 and 2007 is when the CBA is up.

Look out.

dedalus 08-01-2005 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson
Sometimes the teams forget they have contracts with the players when they terminate them.

Forget? Hardly. They play within the rules of the CBA that the NFLPA signed. Certainly you're not faulting the owners for abiding by the rules of the agreement to which the PA agreed?

Quote:

After this season the NFL loses their salary cap, they would play without one in 2006 and 2007 is when the CBA is up.

I think I'd like to respond to this ... but I don't know what it means.

GameFace247SON 08-02-2005 06:52 AM

Quote:

I was just referring to the soul-less money-hungry nature of the Philadelphia Eagles. Which is how it should be. :clap:

GameFace247SON 08-03-2005 10:03 AM

Anyone else concerned with Westbrook and Simon holding out? Simon, I could really care less as the Franchise $$$ is way too much for him IMO, but Westbrook? I swear, some of these players must think that they're playing for the Redskins or Raiders or some other crap franchise that mucks around in BS with their players and contracts? Did he not learn anything from Duce Staley? Shut up and play.

GameFace247SON 08-04-2005 09:15 AM

C'mon Philly people, I know the Flyers just picked up their Stanley Cup ticket, but where is the Eagles chatter? Holdouts, drama, upper-atmosphere level expectations. I know I can't be the only one with an opinion.

Bennevol10 08-04-2005 09:23 AM

Please come back later like in Dec. Lets goooo Flyers! This is Bob Clarke's Month. He should get GM of the year. Peter Forsberg Rock yeah Baby....

dedalus 08-04-2005 10:07 AM

Quote:

C'mon Philly people, I know the Flyers just picked up their Stanley Cup ticket, but where is the Eagles chatter? Holdouts, drama, upper-atmosphere level expectations. I know I can't be the only one with an opinion.

LOL! The whole REST of the city is talking Eagles football. This is the ONLY place talking about the Flyers. What more do you want?

GameFace247SON 08-10-2005 06:06 PM

Um, poll: T.O. Certifiable? :loony:

bennysflyers16 08-10-2005 06:17 PM

So T.O. got sent home, what do they do with him ?????????????????
What could we get in a trade, Pinkston is gone, if we lose T.O.m we need receivers ! :madfire:

Rex88 08-10-2005 08:28 PM

You tell TO this is his last year as an Eagle IF he plays X amount of games and %of offensive plays. That will get him on the field. Then you deal him for a second rounder at draft day if possible or just let him go if you cannot get a taker. It is not like the Eagles will bring him back next year with that monster bonus coming up anyway.
The Eagles have to get him on the field this year to be a legit contender.
I think they will get Westy signed to a long term deal.
Simon will be gone, hopefully with a deal getting us something of value - or more likely he will show up fat and uneffective for the first half of the year again.
I think the Eagles have their hands full this year.

hockeystud938 08-10-2005 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jaysus
E-a-g-l-e-s
Eagles!

YEA BABY YEA :yo: :yo:

Nikkowar 08-10-2005 09:22 PM

TO makes me laugh.

GKJ 08-10-2005 10:03 PM

Quote:

let me know when it counts. traning camp: blah

Cuiff 08-11-2005 08:08 AM

Quote:

In 2 years there is probably going to be a strike, which has been long time coming because despite how much NFL players make, with their contracts they get screwed because they are not guarenteed. They won't lose a whole season because of how much pressure they will get from TV networks, but it could be ugly.

Look out.

THough a strike is likely, The cap will be a part of the new CBA.

CanuckistanFlyerfan 08-11-2005 01:48 PM

Can't they give TO chemotherapy? :dunno:

iceman42 08-11-2005 03:13 PM

TO can sit and rot with a suspension for the next 6 years, teams that suspends a player for the season that players salary will not count against the cap. Simon has been traded three times, except once hearing he wants 5million, plus a double digit signing bonus they all backed out. Westy will be fine, they extend him and Micheal Lewis at somepoint during the season. Honestly I think that TO will come back and play all season, he'll act like a jerk but right now hes throwing away about $9.5 million dollars, he'll be here.

GKJ 09-12-2005 08:33 AM

2005-06 Philadelphia Eagles Season thread

I think the Eagles will have 12 wins but they're gonna get smoked tonight...

Stonehands77 09-12-2005 09:26 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by go kim johnsson 514
I think the Eagles will have 12 wins but they're gonna get smoked tonight...

Why would you think that? Nothing I've read about the Falcons this preseason has said they have overcome their biggest offensive weakness: Michael Vick's inaccuracy at QB. Until he learns to pass effectively, their team is a one trick pony who will lose to teams with overall quickness in their D (see: the Eagles, Patriots, etc.). While I have plenty of questions about the Eagles for this season, I don't think the Falcons have improved enough in the offseason to "smoke" the Eagles tonight. I think the Eagles win. A close game, but they should be able to take the Falcons, even in the Georgia Dome.

As I said, there are questions around the Eagles: all the crap with T.O., the Westbrook contract situation, how the D holds up with the departure of Simon (who I don't think will be missed as much as the pundits think, nor do I think he's as good as those same pundits think) and the usual train of injuries on the line, what happens with the WRs now that Pinkston has gone down and Lewis/Reggie Brown have to step up, will Lamar Gordon do anything this season so that the Eagles have a good changeup option in the backfield (since Moats is apparently Westbrook Lite)? All things that will effect this season.

Brad* 09-12-2005 03:36 PM

I think the Eagles will win tonight. Has Vick learned that he's a QB yet?

markzab 09-12-2005 03:54 PM

Last I heard he still thought he was a running back. Maybe the off-season taught him differently but I doubt it.