HFBoards

HFBoards (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/index.php)
-   Nashville Predators (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Will Trotz "open it up"? (http://hfboards.hockeysfuture.com/showthread.php?t=17121)

"TheTrain" 10-05-2003 08:45 AM

Will Trotz "open it up"?

It's obvious this year that the team is going to be much more exciting than years past, both physically and offensively. There's alot of young guys very capable of throwing the bodys down and lighting the lamps up, but will Trotz open up the Preds style and see what they can do? I understand that we have had some success with the defense first mentality, but maybe all this team needs is to change things up, kinda like Ottawa did with their young guys. Vokoun is a great goalie and the defense seems to be improved enough to handle it. Just a thought, what do you all think?

SmokeyClause 10-05-2003 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTrain
It's obvious this year that the team is going to be much more exciting than years past, both physically and offensively. There's alot of young guys very capable of throwing the bodys down and lighting the lamps up, but will Trotz open up the Preds style and see what they can do? I understand that we have had some success with the defense first mentality, but maybe all this team needs is to change things up, kinda like Ottawa did with their young guys. Vokoun is a great goalie and the defense seems to be improved enough to handle it. Just a thought, what do you all think?

Doubt he will open it up that much. The defense has to show it can handle being all by themselves with minimal backchecking at times. If they can handle that, then I would imagine we might get a touch more aggressive offensively. Of course, we might unleash our offense via the defense. Zidlicky pinches like mad and I would imagine Timonen might as well. You'd be suprised how many times Zidlicky made our offense more potent against St. Louis.

"TheTrain" 10-05-2003 01:06 PM

That's a good point. I think alot of teams will be caught off guard at the offensive skill of our defensemen with Timonen and Zidlicky leading the way for Hammy, when he finally gets called up. We will put up better numbers this year just because of their ability to move the puck up instead of just shooting it around the boards (cough...hulse and houlder). Sorry had something in my throught. :joker:

I haven't been able to catch a game yet, but I hope what you say continues and the D men take more chances than last year as they have the skill to do so.

triggrman 10-05-2003 02:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheTrain
That's a good point. I think alot of teams will be caught off guard at the offensive skill of our defensemen with Timonen and Zidlicky leading the way for Hammy, when he finally gets called up. We will put up better numbers this year just because of their ability to move the puck up instead of just shooting it around the boards (cough...hulse and houlder). Sorry had something in my throught. :joker:

I haven't been able to catch a game yet, but I hope what you say continues and the D men take more chances than last year as they have the skill to do so.

I only watched the St. Louis game but I did notice the puck came out quick.